What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Best non-CU game you've been to.

So as the days slowly tick away, we are left to think of some rather inane things to get us to the CSU game. I thought this might be interesting, and give us all a small taste of what's to come. So here is where you tell people of your favorite non-CU game you've ever attended.

Mine would have to be Michigan-Ohio State in '95 or '97. It was just one game, but I can't remember which year it was. Michigan's Tim Biakabatuka ran for some crazy amount (300+?) and outdid the eventual Heisman winner Eddie George. I was pretty young and I probably didn't even know all the rules of the game, but it was still amazing and memorable. And cold! Anyway, that was at a time when I was very influential and I was rooting for the maize and blue back in my home state.

ok, now who's next with their tales of college football nastalgia?

If you're talking just college football i've only been to CU games. Otherwise, the Steelers/Chiefs a few years ago.:smile2:

Miami rolling NU in the rose bowl (2001 season). Watching fat NU fan cry was classic. :lol:

Miami rolling NU in the rose bowl (2001 season). Watching fat NU fan cry was classic. :lol:

That game confirmed what many suspected - that the big pink was dead. It's no wonder the man broke down and cried.

That game confirmed what many suspected - that the big pink was dead. It's no wonder the man broke down and cried.

We knew pink was dead when we rolled up six TD's on them a month earlier. One of my favorite games of all time. :thumbsup:

Isn't FAT and NU fan an oximoron ?(not a speller):lol:

Good point. I should have just said NU fan as we all know they are fat. And I don't mean "I could lose a few fat." I don't mean fat with a "ph" either. :lol:

When I was a kid we went to a lot of AFA games and they were pretty cool, especially for a youngster (but nothing compared to Ralphie). I've been to several University of Arizona games down here and usually everyone is just waiting for basketball season and sitting on their ass, but the Arizona game against an undefeated UCLA team late in the '05 season was enjoyable.

I went to a lot of Air Force games and the fly overs before every game (especially with another service team) were awesome. I would have to agree that ND and Air Force was a good game, however, we had season tickets when AF was ranked and every game was fun to watch!

the miracle in mobile, louisville was up 38-7 at the half and byron leftwich led marshall all the way back to tie it with only seconds remaining, but the kicker missed the point after, marshall won 64-61 in ot. leftwich threw for like 400+ yards in the 2nd half + overtime.

Back in the day, the Hinkley Thunderbirds beat Cherry Creek. Joel Steed pushed a few Bruins around that day. The after parties would make McLovin proud! Chicka-Chicka Yeah!

FSU-Georgia Citrus Bowl, 1986--FSU ties the game with a blocked punt TD then Vince Dooley sends Kevin Butler out for a 70 yd field goal, looks good from my opposite end zone seat, falls about a yard short and FSU "wins" the tie. Actually Gator fans are the only ones bragging, they are on probation for 1984's violations so no bowl, but had beaten both FSU and Georgia that year.

Back