1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best practice ever under Hawkins

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Unleash Hell, Aug 8, 2007.

1. Unleash Hell

Unleash Hell Well-Known Member

2. unionbuff

unionbuff Club Member Club Member

Saw that and I can appreciate Hawk's enthusiasm but I'd rather he says "That's the best game CU has played since I've been here" or "That's the play-calling I've seen since I've been at Colorado", etc.

It has to start somewhere but in the infamous words of Allen Iverson, "We talkin' 'bout practice. Not a game. Not a game. Not a game. We talkin' 'bout practice".

:wink2:

3. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

:thumbsup:

4. absinthe

absinthe Ambitious but rubbish. Club Member Junta Member

"• Ryan Miller was the most dominant offensive lineman in one-on-one work vs. the defensive linemen Tuesday afternoon. Miller lined up at guard during the drill and no defender was able to get around him, nor go through him, as they tried to get to the dummy quarterback. He shut out all comers. During pass blocking when Miller’s playing on the edge as a tackle, it’s clear he needs to work on his lateral speed.

What continues to be impressive about Miller is that for a guy who got so much hype over the past year and a half, he has an undeniably strong work ethic. He hustles between drills and is among the first linemen finishing in conditioning sprints. Has the energy of a walk-on who’s trying to catch the eye of coaches with his hustle.
    "

You have got to like the sound of that review, although it might be tough for cody to see over him on the inside.

5. 92Buff

92Buff Well-Known Member

6. DBT

Actually, I think Miller is going to be so good that the only other O-lineman we will need will be a center. It'll be Cody lining up behind Miller and the center. We'll just go 8 on 11.

7. 77buff

77buff Well-Known Member

Amen brother, all the cheerleading is going to get old real quick if he doesn't start winning. Nobody is expecting a North championship, but a 500 record would not be too much to ask.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2007
  8. FChairbanks

FChairbanks muthaka slayer Club Member

fixed it for you...

and i agree with you both...i am anticipating at least 6 wins this year...

i think we need to give hawk a break for last year though...i can't imagine a more difficult situation to walk into than he did...as long as we see improvement in recruiting and performance each year i am looking at a five year evaluation period for the coaching staff...

shoulder to shoulder...

9. Blackshirts

Blackshirts Guest

It's a ****ing practice for god sakes! :wow: I know CU fans haven't resorted to getting all giddy over a practice now!??

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2007
  10. FChairbanks

this from a guy whose team includes their spring game score in their season w-l record...

:lol:

11. Blackshirts

Blackshirts Guest

Well after the season CU had last year, I can see where some get all excited about coach "raw raw" bragging about a ****ing practice! Although I know some CU fans that will toss out the Bull **** flag real soon if Hawkins doesn't start to produce results :thumbsup:

12. FChairbanks

did you just say "yall"?

****ing hillbilly...

13. Blackshirts

Blackshirts Guest

am no.......

14. FChairbanks

nice edit mofo...

15. DBT

"We're talkin' 'bout PRACTICE!"

[​IMG]

16. Blackshirts

Blackshirts Guest

That quote by Iverson still makes me laugh! :thumbsup:

17. 96 Buff

96 Buff Resident Commie Bastard Club Member Junta Member

It'd be tough for just about ANY QB to see over him on the inside. That's what passing lanes are for.