What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Best sign of improvement

buffaholic

Club Member
Club Member
It's hard to get a lot out of these scrimmages. Here's the most obvious sign to me:

WR - We have desperately lacked playmakers here for some time. In 2007, we played Kendrick Celestine and Josh Smith as true freshmen as they had some speed, which we needed. It's pretty much been the same story ever since. In 2010, Kendrick Celestine is back, quick as ever, re-dedicated to learning the playbook, etc. He's running 3rd team, but I don't see how he'll see much playing time at this point. The depth in front of him is an entirely different story.

OL - Matt Bahr was forced to start 9 games I believe in 2008 at RT when Miller broke his leg. He was a RS Freshman. Now he's buried on the depth chart and working at Fullback. I know for a fact that Hawkins loves this kid and his attitude, so it's not that. He's capable of playing both guard and tackle, but he's not in the 2 deep.

There's probably some positions where we may have less depth than other years, but I think overall, when you have guys who have started, buried on the depth chart, that's a good sign.

I hope this translates into being able to run the ball and Speedy not getting hit behind the line of scrimmage.

The concept of having Fernandez and Bahr lead blocking in short yardage situations is fairly interesting to me. Especially since at least Fernandez can catch as well. Gives me hope there are actually some brains on this coaching staff.

If you'd asked me in 2008 what the starting CU OL would look like in 2010, I would have said:

LT - Solder
LG - Behrens
C - Iltis
RG - Tuioti-Mariner
RT - Miller

Still a chance it could be that with the only change being Miller's move inside and Givens taking over at RT. But there's a ton of competition everywhere except LT and RG where we have returning All-Conference players.

Solder kicks ass. He can play both tackle positions at the same time.

I fixed my post now, douchenozzle. :lol: - buffnik

Back