What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Best spot for Jackson

Where does Jackson play?

• Starting QB

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • QB

• Starting RB

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • RB

Votes: 3 5.4%
  • Starting WR

Votes: 4 7.1%
  • WR

Votes: 8 14.3%
  • Defensive Backfield

• Starting return man

Votes: 8 14.3%
  • Utility player, no one spot.

Votes: 36 64.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Swish

Half a bubble off
Club Member
So based on his willingness to be unselfish and play wherever the team needs him, when the dust clears this fall what position will Bernard Jackson be best suited to play?

Do you see him as a starter anywhere??

I think he's earned a chance to start, I'm just not sure where.

BTW: Kudos to the young man on bringing a great example of leadership to the title of "Captain".

Last edited:
So based on his willingness to be unselfish and play wherever the team needs him, when the dust clears this fall what position will Bernard Jackson be best suited to play?

BTW: Kudos to the young man on bringing a great example of leadership to the title of "Captain".

Just curious-- why has he "earned" a chance to start?

I thought he got that chance for the last nine games of the season last year:huh:

Every year the staff talks about how they have to get this guy on the field. They finally got him on the field plenty last season, and took him completely out of contention for qb in the spring. I'm sure he'll get on the field some, but I don't see bjax making a substantial impact.

Do note I didn't say "earned a starting position" just a chance.

Why.......... He ended the last season as the starting QB and unless he gets all the blame for last years failures he should be get a fair chance to fit into the mix at a starting position. (Although I don't think he has it to lead the team at QB)

Why.......... I am personally not that high on any of the Buffs starting Running Backs (which makes Gates situation frustrating) I think he could start at RB.

I would like to see him on the field alot but as WR one play, RB the next, QB the next....
sometimes he may go deep, the next might be a hand off, maybe the next he's a decoy. I just don't want him coming in on 4th and 1 or just in goal to goal situations as that IMHO would be a tell all that he's about to get the ball in his hands.

In reading the article here is the one comment that leaped out at me.

"Jackson said when fall practices begin he still expects to participate first and foremost in quarterback position meetings. It's the position he still wants to play more than any other."

As long as he believes that he is a QB it will be hard for him to go to another position. In order to be a WR, RB, or DB he has to view himself as a WR, RB, or DB, IMO. There are talented players at those positions who have been playing those positions for longer than BJAX. I don't perceive BJAX to be one of those freakish athletes that on athletic ability alone can play more than one position (Champ Bailey or Kordell Stewart for example.)

I like BJAX but I don't see him making the impact that some think - although I could be wrong.

In reading the article here is the one comment that leaped out at me.

"Jackson said when fall practices begin he still expects to participate first and foremost in quarterback position meetings. It's the position he still wants to play more than any other."

As long as he believes that he is a QB it will be hard for him to go to another position. In order to be a WR, RB, or DB he has to view himself as a WR, RB, or DB, IMO. There are talented players at those positions who have been playing those positions for longer than BJAX. I don't perceive BJAX to be one of those freakish athletes that on athletic ability alone can play more than one position (Champ Bailey or Kordell Stewart for example.)

I like BJAX but I don't see him making the impact that some think - although I could be wrong.

I agree. I don't see him on the field all that much this year. Hopefully he will continue to be a vocal leader for the team.

Too bad if this is the case.
There was so much talk about his potential coming out of high school. Not everyone can be a star or a starter, but to me this kid has been jacked around more than most through his stay and he still manages to give his heart to the program. Sitting on the bench and playing cheerleader for the year..........Still beats another year of losing

I hope at a minimum he will be returning kicks. I like the ball in his hands - if anything, you have to admint that he did a good job of protecting the ball last year (when not passing).

It would be fun to see some trick plays with him - but in the end all that matters is some W's. Don't care who is where as long as it equates to more W's.

Go HawK! Go Buffs!

I would expect to see him in the slot just off the TE. From there you can run a reverse/option pass. He go straight down field as a reciever (quick out). You can pitch to him. From that position, they could utilize his speed and some of his QB skills.

Back