What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Best thing about Saturday's game

Denver_sc

Club Member
Club Member
I don't think that I saw this emphasized anywhere, but the thing I thought was BEST about the game was how the defense responded. They clearly were not expecting that two-QB formation, or for both OSU QBs to get significant snaps. After the first drive where they were on skates, they calmed down, adjusted, and made a host of changes in order to stop the Beavs.

Make no mistake, that first drive would have been disastrous last season; it quickly would have snowballed into two or three scores before the defense adjusted.

Great job by Leavitt, staff, and players.

Yes, it was indeed a great job. I like Leavitt more and more.

He will have his hands full this week against UCLA.
I'm hoping we see that mean D from the first few weeks again.

The best thing was the "W". ;)

But, yeah, other than that first series where OSU came out with 2 QBs in the formation and caught the defense off guard with the trickeration, OSU pretty much did nothing to score significant points. Great job with the adjustments.

Its funny, because I can tell exactly when Chido is blitzing. I would assume all OC's can see it too. How he is able to do what he does when everyone knows its coming is impressive.

After rag dolling the Beav, Cheeto doesn't even bother to look at his victim. That gets my award for favorite play of the night.

Players that stood out to me (besides the obvi's like Chido and TT) were Leo Jackson and Donovan Lee, with a sprinkle of Devin Ross. Jackson was driving his guy back regularly and putting pressure in the backfield from up the middle. That'll be huge if he can continue to do that against the run of traditional QBs we're about to play.

I don't have a lot of confidence that what I'm about to say will happen, since I've been dumbfounded with Lindgren's playcalling since he botched 1st and goal from the 2 against Cal last year, but we've got to find a way to get Lee and Ross the ball in space. Does he not have a screen in the playbook? These guys are playmakers and playmakers need plays.

Back