1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BEVO SPAM: IPS Predictions - Week 6

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by HornIdentity, Oct 6, 2009.

1. HornIdentity

HornIdentity New Member

Since my IPS predictions got quite a bit of traffic from this web site after it came close to predicting the CU-WV score, I thought I'd post its predictions for this week.

BTW, although doing a good job on that game, the IPS struggled to a 21-23 record ATS in Week 5, leaving it 119-106 for the season. Keep in mind that it had only 4 data points per team (actually 3 for some) and many of those games were against non-BCS and FCS opponents that can wreak havoc with statistical averages. As the season improves, hopefully the predictions will as well. Of course, Vegas lines improve as well. This week more than half dozen lines are too close too call (less than .5 difference between IPS and Vegas)

You can check out the IPS predictions for this week at
    http://impactpredictionsystem.wordpress.com/

2. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

Re: IPS Predictions - Week 6

I think that your system sucks :smile2:

42 points :cry:

3. chipwich

chipwich Administrator Club Member Junta Member

4. zbuff

zbuff Club Member Club Member

:ban:

5. Waldo

Waldo Original Copy Club Member

Some of us appreciate it. Don't enjoy this weekend too much, Buffs will be back and we still enjoy memories of the 2001 B12CG as much as you still hurt from it. :smile2:

6. buffsfan01

buffsfan01 Member

troy won 31-7 :lol: ........lol spamers what a joke !!

7. HornIdentity

HornIdentity New Member

Yep. Troy put the IPS to shame last night. Who would of guess that a team that is averaging 19 points and giving up 32 would turn things around. But, these mid-week games often have bizzarre results - usually favoring the home team.
    The IPS is purely a statistical calculation. It merely predicts future performance based on past results. So, it's not surprising that the IPS would predict the Horns as heavy favorites over the Buffs.
    Still, you can never fully predict what 18-21 kids will do any given weekend. That's what makes college football so fun to watch.
    Here's to the Buffs getting back to their winning ways. I always enjoyed coming to Boulder and watching a game in your stadium (wish we played there every other year). If you are coming to Austin, I hope you have just as good a time.

8. SkiTownUSA

SkiTownUSA Administrator Club Member Junta Member

Not this time. I'd like to eventually, to check out the live music scene there, and maybe play a round of golf with Willie (not ever gonna happen, but would be cool).

9. Waldo

In the mean time we will do our best to help "keep Austin weird"

[​IMG]

10. BuffNut99

BuffNut99 Club Member Club Member

Here's to a lifetime of misery for your football team and university. I would gladly forfeit the remainder of the season to beat UT this week.

11. HornIdentity

HornIdentity New Member

For what it is worth, the IPS did a pretty good job of predicting the game last night. It has predicted:
    Neb 29, Mizzou 18 (so Neb covering the spread).

Of course, it missed badly on Troy earlier in the week. We'll see how it does on the UT-CU game.

For those of you coming down, it's raining today, but supposed to be great football weather tomorrow - mid 70's.

12. Hugegroove

Hugegroove Club Member Club Member

Are you related to Matt Thompson?

13. BlackNGold

BlackNGold Club Member Club Member

I just have a question....Why do the moderators here think it is necessary to do stuff like change the subject line. I think it makes CU fans look small time.

If the guy was a troll delete it and ban him. Horn Identity is just a college football fan who has come up with an interesting system and he has been respectful when he comes here.

Maybe it is time to ban me.

14. LaserDeathHawk

LaserDeathHawk Club Member Club Member

blahblahblahblah SPAM!

15. HornIdentity

HornIdentity New Member

I laughed out loud when I saw the title change. Man, you guys have some thin skins around here. You should see the smack talk that between folks on hornfans.com and soonerfans.com. In my humble opinion, you can support your team, even argue about football, and still be respectful of opposing fans.

As I said in my OP, I only bothered to post this week's predictions because someone else mentioned the IPS last week. http://www.allbuffs.com/forums/showthread.php?p=528474#post528474 So, I figured some here might be interested in what it predicted for our game this week.

Ban me or kill the thread if you want. It doesn't really matter. But, if you decide not to and the IPS is wrong, I'll come back around after the game and take a keyboard lashing from you guys.

16. leftybuff

leftybuff Iconoclast Club Member

Don't get butthurt Tex...

17. aik

aik Club Member Club Member

I wouldn't normally feel the need to call you on this, but hornfans? Come on. ShaggyBevo all the way.

18. LaserDeathHawk

LaserDeathHawk Club Member Club Member

blahblahblahblahblahblahblahSPAM!

19. HornIdentity

HornIdentity New Member

And, oh, btw, the IPS has gotten more traffic from the allbuffs web site than some of the longhorn boards today. :smile2:

20. BuffNut99

BuffNut99 Club Member Club Member

That's because Texans are incredibly ignorant and arrogant.

21. Liver

Liver modded mod Club Member Junta Member

i don't think there is any need to ban you or kill the thread, yet. you've been reasonably respectful and you haven't overdone the solicitation.

that said, it is still BEVO SPAM!!! we owe it to our community to alert them before the thread is opened. :smile2:

22. Waldo

your welcome

23. HornIdentity

HornIdentity New Member

Owe it to our community - you guys are hilarious.

Enjoy the game.

24. Junction

Junction Moderator Club Member

Wait until you see our football team.... :cool:

Waldo likes this.
  25. BuffFan

BuffFan Member

6-10 against the spread on top 25. Your progam is as good at picking teams as the BCS standings. Did you write the BCS program too? :smile2:

26. HornIdentity

HornIdentity New Member

Well, as promised, I'm dropping back by after the game to take my lumps. Congrats to your kids for showing a lot of pride. They played a great first half and definitely put a scare into us. Then, a really bizzarre second half. By the end of the game, we scored on a run, a pass, a blocked punt, and INT return, and a punt return. Wierd.

Needless, to say our first half performance left little chance for my IPS prediction (51-9) to come true - although the Horns did their damnest in the second half to make up for it. Overall, the IPS was 21-21 ATS, not any better than flipping a coin. Sometimes, I wonder why I spent all the time to develop and maintain it. But, as I've always said, trying to predict what 18-21 year old kids will do on any given weekend is a crap-shoot at best.

OK, bring on the lashing.

27. Matt

Matt Nerd Drone Pilot Club Member

:stupid: :yeahthat: :iagree:

28. zbuff

zbuff Club Member Club Member

Disagree - I think anyone who comes here pushing another web site is spamming - I don't even like our own doing it, but having a hornblower do it is unquestionable spam, IMHO.