1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BG Brooks previews our RBs and FBs

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Buffnik, Aug 5, 2014.

1. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

Focus of the article is on the main guys (Adkins & Powell), but there's some good info on everyone.

Crowder is down from 230 to 210 lbs. Hopefully that means that the explosion we saw on his HS film is back.

Also, Frazier sounds like a guy the coaches think will be a good player for us at FB.

http://www.cubuffs.com/ViewArticle.dbml?&DB_OEM_ID=600&ATCLID=209603713

2. HUFset

HUFset Well-Known Member

Would be great after all those knee surgeries.

3. BehindEnemyLines

BehindEnemyLines beware the habu Club Member

A bit of depth? Interesting concept.

4. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

We'll see. Adkins made some all-freshman teams. If he can build on that, he'll be a good RB here.

Powell, as we know, can be a weapon if the OL can allow him to hit the 2nd level with head of steam and the OC can call plays suited to his abilities.

TJ catches the ball well and has long speed. It's a matter of him being decisive because he's not effective when he's dancing or trying to run people over. Read the defense, be decisive, make one cut and ****ing go.

Lindsay has the best feet for finding room in traffic where it doesn't look like there's a hole and the toughness to play in the muck. But he's small for that role.

Until I see otherwise, I'll assume that Creer and Crowder are shadows of the athletes they were prior to their injuries. I'm not counting on much.

Lee is a nice change of pace guy who can add some wrinkles to the offense that might put a defense on its heels once or twice a game.

So, yes, there is depth. But I'm not seeing a star backed up with some capable vets and a budding star.

And I'm certainly not seeing 2001 Miami when you had Clinton Portis backed up by Willis McGahee backed up by Najeh Davenport backed up by Frank Gore with DJ Williams having moved to LB to get playing time. :wink2: