1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BG Brooks Previews the CUBuffs Tight Ends

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Darth Snow, Aug 5, 2014.

1. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

Sounds like Irwin is going to get every chance to take the job, and that he is taking advantage of the opportunity.

http://www.cubuffs.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=3843&SPID=255&DB_OEM_ID=600&ATCLID=209604427
    Video (wish we could embed these)

http://www.cubuffs.com/mediaPortal/...ID=255&DB_OEM_ID=600&id=3346918&db_oem_id=600

2. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

There are legitimate concerns about the pass offense this year. Young QB, young WRs and an OL that hasn't worked together a ton while having some guys whose strength lies somewhere other than the backpedal.

But I am gaining confidence that this will be the best run blocking group since Barnett was our coach. Besides the OL, we've got a TE in Irwin who can actually block. Riar Geer was the last time we had that. And I like what I'm hearing about our FBs for when we want to go with a big set.

In 2014, I don't expect 3rd and 2 to be a passing down any more.

3. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Club Member Club Member

As long as 1st and 10 isn't a QB sneak down, most of us will be happy.

4. Jaximus

Jaximus Club Member Club Member

Count this as the most depressing of the position breakdowns... Eeesh. We really need a young guy to breakout and become a stud.

5. CUFan

CUFan Welcome back Club Member

It's really a shame that TE got so bad. We had a long string of great ones. Hard to believe we are this thin.