What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Bieniemy or Shanny for HC

Lets see what happens. If they lose a string a games in a row (god please no) then Bohn might be smart to can him mid season. If not he has to act swiftly before recruiting goes down the tubes which suggests a plan would be in place.

Hey, I would be down with giving him the boot, tonight if they had a plan in place. I don't want to see them get rid of him just to get rid of him and then hope for the best.

Who on this staff would be most likely to be named interim HC? Cabral? Hagan?

At this point I would be comfortable with either of them taking over for the rest of the season until they can bring in Bieniemy.

Bieniemy?? Are you people ****ing serious??? Yeah, what this program needs right now is to be turned over to somebody who has never been a head coach at ANY level just because he used to be a Buff.... :rolleyes:

I don't care who the next coach is (and at this moment I am unshakeable in my belief that there has GOT to be a next coach, sooner rather than later), but he better be able to recruit, to get good assistants, to put together offensive and defensive game plans, to organize a team so that plays can get in on time, and to RUN THE ****ING FOOTBALL. But if CU goes to somebody who has never been a head coach, never even been a significantly successful coordinator, it has disaster written all over it...

Might be. Would former CU players / alums accept Turner Gill? I doubt it. If they were pissed when Embree/Bienemy were passed over for Hawkins - just imagine what they'd say if those people were passed over for a Husker!!

No way does CU hire a frickin Husker.. I mean come on guys..

I think the buyout language doesn't drop to the $500k range until the season ends.

Might be. Would former CU players / alums accept Turner Gill? I doubt it. If they were pissed when Embree/Bienemy were passed over for Hawkins - just imagine what they'd say if those people were passed over for a Husker!!

Let me be the first one to stand up and say that I will accept Turner Gill. Further, if he wins, as hes proven he could do at lowly Buffalo, then we will be accepted by all. Same for Bieniemy. Same for anyone else that can win.

Why not??? That's the most asinine notion Ive ever heard.

:yeahthat:

Charlie McBride drove us nuts as the DC for the fuskers for years. He was a CU guy. Didn't really seem to hurt them. I would have no problem with Turner Gill if he could turn this program around...

But if CU goes to somebody who has never been a head coach, never even been a significantly successful coordinator, it has disaster written all over it...

Because going for experienced coaches the past two times has been so successful for us. :lol:

EB will recruit like crazy here and will bring in some assistants. Now can he make game day coaching decisions? I'm not sure, but he can't be any worse than the alleged "experienced" coach that we have now..

Bieniemy?? Are you people ****ing serious??? Yeah, what this program needs right now is to be turned over to somebody who has never been a head coach at ANY level just because he used to be a Buff.... :rolleyes:

I don't care who the next coach is (and at this moment I am unshakeable in my belief that there has GOT to be a next coach, sooner rather than later), but he better be able to recruit, to get good assistants, to put together offensive and defensive game plans, to organize a team so that plays can get in on time, and to RUN THE ****ING FOOTBALL. But if CU goes to somebody who has never been a head coach, never even been a significantly successful coordinator, it has disaster written all over it...

I am serious as a heart-attack. We need a recruiter. When is the last time we had a QB that was worth a ****? Kordell?, maybe Koy? Since then there hasn't been one QB that even comes close. Bieniemy will bring the recruits and I am pretty sure Scott will get the ball at least a dozen or more times rather than sitting on the bench the whole game.

. But if CU goes to somebody who has never been a head coach, never even been a significantly successful coordinator, it has disaster written all over it...

that's where we are headed. who is going to come here at this point? we won't pay ****. we can't retain assistants. our fan base is fickle at best. the academic community treats us like we just farted in church.

it is a ****ing disaster. ucla faced similar problems (and they have way more support than we do) and they turned to karl dorrell. feel-good story, ex player, etc.

we won't pay the money for a proven guy. so, we'll either end up with another lower division hail mary (like hawk) or an unproven homer like embree or eb.

it is ****ed.

:yeahthat:

Charlie McBride drove us nuts as the DC for the fuskers for years. He was a CU guy. Didn't really seem to hurt them. I would have no problem with Turner Gill if he could turn this program around...

Yeah, he's a DC.. Turner Gill would be the face of the CU Program. I mean, you guys are living on another planet if you think a lot of the alums and former players are going to support him.. Its not going to happen.. Not saying its fair, but its just reality.

Yeah, he's a DC.. Turner Gill would be the face of the CU Program. I mean, you guys are living on another planet if you think a lot of the alums and former players are going to support him.. Its not going to happen.. Not saying its fair, but its just reality.

They're also talking about Nebraska taking a former CU guy. To Nebraska, that's no big deal.

I am serious as a heart-attack. We need a recruiter. When is the last time we had a QB that was worth a ****? Kordell?, maybe Koy? Since then there hasn't been one QB that even comes close. Bieniemy will bring the recruits and I am pretty sure Scott will get the ball at least a dozen or more times rather than sitting on the bench the whole game.

There is talent on this team. Recruiting will start collapsing on us because we cant win. The problem here with Hawk has always been an offensive philosophy thats never worked, poor preparation (unless were talking Preparation H), and poor clock management.

How about Mike Ditka? How much would it take?
You got to be kidding, come on man your'e _ucking with us. The guy's an idiot - gave up all his draft selections for a pothead. He's lucky his big fat stupid ass has a TV job. Said he didn't realize how immature he was - hey did you ever think about having a serious conversation with Ricky before you mortgaged the ranch. That would be "The Return of CHUCK FAIRBANKS".

Last edited:
They're also talking about Nebraska taking a former CU guy. To Nebraska, that's no big deal.

I doubt Nebraska would take a famous CU player as its head coach..

For example, no one would care if Trev Alberts was our DL coach.. It might get some controversy, but no one would lose sleep over it.. If he was named our head coach, there would be a lot of problems with it..

Being the Head Coach is much different than being a DC or OC to the fans and alumni, etc.

There is talent on this team. Recruiting will start collapsing on us because we cant win. The problem here with Hawk has always been an offensive philosophy thats never worked, poor preparation (unless were talking Preparation H), and poor clock management.

I won't argue that at all... Problem is, it is sitting on the bench the whole game. If we don't win at least 7 games this year we are going backward and recruits will know it. No one good will come here and the slide will really begin after that. Hawk's window is this year and maybe next if he can last that long.

I won't argue that at all... Problem is, it is sitting on the bench the whole game. If we don't win at least 7 games this year we are going backward and recruits will know it. No one good will come here and the slide will really begin after that. Hawk's window is this year and maybe next if he can last that long.

there won't be a next year, absent a very good turn-around. watching superior athletes get worked by a better coached team was enough for me.

4 years ago I got ripped right here because I thought Bo Pelini would be a good hire. 9 - 4 for the 1st year is looking like a dream come true for Buff fans. I can tell you this, LSU would sure like to have his ass back as DC.

4 years ago I got ripped right here because I thought Bo Pelini would be a good hire. 9 - 4 for the 1st year is looking like a dream come true for Buff fans. I can tell you this, LSU would sure like to have his ass back as DC.

I liked Bo too.. :thumbsup:

I was against Embree and for Hawk when it came down to it though.. I've been disappointed in Hawk..

Kind of funny, I think I remember the day we lost to CSU in 2006 that I posted Hawk and his high school coaching staff need to go back to Boise and everyone got all over me (deservedly so).. Maybe my outrageous rant at the time wasn't that outrageous after all. I have to go search for that thread and see if its still around.. :lol:

Not by me you didn't.

But I am starting to think Chuck Neinas needs his house toilet papered for this.

there won't be a next year, absent a very good turn-around. watching superior athletes get worked by a better coached team was enough for me.
if there is a next year for hawkins, the stands will be completely empty for every home game

Why does everyone think Shanny would do so well? I can't really see him as a recruiter and that is exactly what we need from a coach.

Why does everyone think Shanny would do so well? I can't really see him as a recruiter and that is exactly what we need from a coach.

Not to mention, Shanahan is most likely back in the NFL next year. Dallas will likely pluck him up as soon as Wade's Cowboys fail out again.

I think Shanny would be a great recruiter. He is also a helluva gameday coach, and would have destroyed the Rams last night.

Obviously he wants to stay in the NFL, and we can afford him. But Bohn should pick up the phone and ask IMO. Mike probably doesn't want to leave the massive house he is building here in Denver

Back