What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Bieniemy or Shanny for HC

Shanny has no clue about recruiting, or at least shouldn't.

It takes time to build relationships with high school coaches in the various states and to get their trust.

Any new HC MUST have some pipelines developed already, or CU will be absolutely killed on the recruiting trail.

I just threw in Shanny to the topic because everyone knows him and he will recruit like a mad man. I really dont think there is any chance we could get him, but if he did want to stay close to home, that would be our chance.

Bohn needs to at least give him a call. B

Bieniemy would be my choice as someone we could actually get though. Huge upside!

Shanny has no clue about recruiting, or at least shouldn't.

It takes time to build relationships with high school coaches in the various states and to get their trust.

Any new HC MUST have some pipelines developed already, or CU will be absolutely killed on the recruiting trail.

Neither did Pistol Pete. And apparently he's still faking it.

Shanahan sounds kinda like when Irv and Joe used to tell us that Larry Brown was interested in the CU hoops job.

Even if we wanted Gill, I have a feeling he would decline that offer. Haven't we run into this problem before in trying to hire a Fusker?

Gary barnett :smile2:

Tommy tubberville

Al pacino did a great job with his football team HOO-WAAH

Turner Gill, yeah he's a husker but who gives a f***! HC experience, took over one of the worst programs in the country and in 3 years won their conference. Won with the other guy's recruit's, talent level had to be way down there so I assume he can flat out coach and I bet ya he is a hell of a recruiter. I thought the old man would have been smart enough to hire him. Bo is a good coach that will win alot for them but Gill would've turned them into a powerhouse, right up there with USC, Texas, ect. But having been to lincoln for a few games and hearing the "N" word used a thousand times i can see why he got passed on. If's he 's of European decent he get's that job or get's the Auburn one. I got to think he would jump at the chance to beat knu every year.

Would you guys really want a small-conference one year wonder to come in here and coach?

That has Hawkins mk. 2 written all over it.

Would you guys really want a small-conference one year wonder to come in here and coach?

That has Hawkins mk. 2 written all over it.

The difference with a guy like Turner Gill is that he has BCS pedigree.

Played at Nebraska. Coached at Nebraska forever. Passed over multiple times for Nebraska head coaching position so he decided to go elsewhere.

Whereas Hawkins had ZERO big time experience before coming to CU, Turner Gill is taking the Mack Brown route to move up the college football ladder.

lets reanimate vince lombardi!!! or knute rockne and then we can put the gipper in at tailback

Right now I like Turner Gill the best of all the suggestions. So what he was a former Husker. he would have a chip on his shoulder to beat them every year for not hiring him. Like Shanny had about the Raiduhs firing him. I like it. Besides, everyone comes from somewhere else. I would rather win, and am starting to think that is less likely now.

Automatically eliminating someone because of where they went to school seems completely stupid.

Weary of picking another head coach from a small conference. The fact that Dan has had to learn on the job has killed us. He also doesn't have the connections other former BCS coaches/coordinators have to hire qualified assistants.

I think we need to take a look at what direction we want to build the program and go after a coordinator that fits that style. This program needs an identity (whether it be defensive, option, spread, west coast) and we need to build around that identity. I would like to see us hire a coordinator from a BCS school (Charlie Strong, Brett Venables.. someone who has shown they can produce at a high level).

At this point, I'd say Dave Logan would probably have a better game plan and better prepared team than Hawkins would, and therefore he'd be a better hire.

Damnit, it's always been so easy to ridicule anybody who throws Dave Logan's name out there and then you go and do this. Impossible to argue with this one. He would do a better job of preparing the team than Hawk has done. :cry:

Damnit, it's always been so easy to ridicule anybody who throws Dave Logan's name out there and then you go and do this. Impossible to argue with this one. He would do a better job of preparing the team than Hawk has done. :cry:

I dont think Logan would be running such a gimmicky offense and if he did they'd be more polished at it. Im not sure if the coaching stinks or we still lack the personal to be gimmicky but I do know its not working. Like most HS coaches you use the talent you inherit and play to its strengths. And thats why i posted that post.

How about Logan as a position coach or maybe coordinator on EB's staff instead. Can you imagine Logan going into the living room of a recruit in any place other than Denver.

Logan: High, I'm Dave Logan.
Recruit: Who?

How about Logan as a position coach or maybe coordinator on EB's staff instead. Can you imagine Logan going into the living room of a recruit in any place other than Denver.

Logan: High, I'm Dave Logan.
Recruit: Who?

That is ****ing AWESOME. Did you do that on purpose?

I like Tommy tuperville. He got forced out of Auburn for having a dissapointing year (certianly not dissapointing for us CU fans considering what we've had the last several years) and Auburn's boosters are brutal.

If we could convince him to trade the SEC for the Big XII, he would:
a) recruit like crazy - imagine him not having big bro Alabama taking their best recruits and we can all agree SEC recruiting is by far the most intense - he would bring that ability
b) take advantage of our talented RB's - remember when he had Cadillac and Ronnie
Brown?? He certianly didn't have them on the bench while playing a much slower rb!
C) always have the team ready & prepared
d) lastly, he's a very humble & respectful guy in the media - none of these cryptic one word answers and closed practices that we get from hackins

how much was he making at aubun? Why does $1.5 mil/yr sound right? We could afford that. If he took over next week, I guarantee we'd win 7 games (as opposed to the 4 I'm projecting under hack & hack jr)

I like Tommy tuperville. He got forced out of Auburn for having a dissapointing year (certianly not dissapointing for us CU fans considering what we've had the last several years) and Auburn's boosters are brutal.

a) recruit like crazy - imagine him not having big bro Alabama taking their best recruits and we can all agree SEC recruiting is by far the most intense - he would bring that ability
b) take advantage of our talented RB's - remember when he had Cadillac and Ronnie
Brown?? He certianly didn't have them on the bench while playing a much slower rb!
d) lastly, he's a very humble & respectful guy in the media - none of these cryptic one word answers and closed practices that we get from hackins

how much was he making at aubun? Why does $1.5 mil/yr sound right? We could afford that. If he took over next week, I guarantee we'd win 7 games (as opposed to the 4 I'm projecting under hack & hack jr)
we will never ever get Tuberville. Ever.

The more I think about, the more I think Mike Shannahan would be awesome. Right now, 50% of the Broncos fan base wants him back. Bring in Mike, and you bring in a host of new fans, nice recruits, great coaching, and a lot of respect both locally and nationally. Good press for the school...

Yeah, he is expensive and has never shown any interest in coaching college... but hey, a guy can dream can't he?

The more I think about, the more I think Mike Shannahan would be awesome. Right now, 50% of the Broncos fan base wants him back. Bring in Mike, and you bring in a host of new fans, nice recruits, great coaching, and a lot of respect both locally and nationally. Good press for the school...

Yeah, he is expensive and has never shown any interest in coaching college... but hey, a guy can dream can't he?

plus he wouldn't have to sell his house. This may be over the top optimism on my part, but there's a part of me that would think that Shanny would LOVE to coach in Colorado, where he can out-shine the doosh that replaced him while still pulling a check from the doosh who fired him.

I like the thinking, although we might not be able to get Tuperville. I really think we need to look at the SEC or major programs for some coaches. SEC football coach only wins 6-7 games a year in that conference and they get fired.

I think Shanny to CU and Belichcick to NU would be aweomse and continue the rivalry that was started in the NFL. My partner and I would love that idea. It's groovy. BTW I use Black and Gold colored condoms when I give it to my boyfriend. He dressed up in a Nebraska sweats when we do it, and I can really say Huck the Fuskers!

Tuperville is not coming. What about Jason Sykes? Is he available to coach. He was really cool too.

Back