What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Bieniemy or Shanny for HC

It doesn't matter where a guy may have played his own college ball or where he coached before, didn't Bo Schembechler coach forever for Woody Hayes? That didn't seem to hurt Bo's fan base.

The more I think about, the more I think Mike Shannahan would be awesome. Right now, 50% of the Broncos fan base wants him back. Bring in Mike, and you bring in a host of new fans, nice recruits, great coaching, and a lot of respect both locally and nationally. Good press for the school...

Yeah, he is expensive and has never shown any interest in coaching college... but hey, a guy can dream can't he?

Expensive? He´s guaranteed to make 7m per year thru 2011. Pay him a dollar a year and let Bowlen pick up the difference between his CU salary and the money he owes him anyway.

All you guys thinking Tuberville would work out here are sorely mistaken IMO. He is a very bad fit for the Denver/Boulder area. Very bad fit.

I thought Shanahan was rumored to be in line for the Cowboys job when Wade gets fired after this year?

Expensive? He´s guaranteed to make 7m per year thru 2011. Pay him a dollar a year and let Bowlen pick up the difference between his CU salary and the money he owes him anyway.

Shanahan gets the 7m from Bowlen even if he coaches the Buffs. The salary offset only occurs if he takes another coaching job in the NFL. At least that is the standard form that the contracts are written and I have no reason to believe that Shanahans is any different.

We have all heard the rumors about Dallas but Shanny likes to be his own boss and in Dallas with Jerry Jones that won't happen. As I stated before it is pure speculation buy Shanny has already won two superbowls, been an NFL head coach for more than a decade, and has more money than he knows what to do with.

Going to the college ranks would be a new challenge for him, let him fire up his competitive nature but still not have to work as many hours as an NFL coach ends up working. He also would not have to deal with overpaid superstars and a salary cap.

He would have instant credibility with top level recruits, his reputation with his assistants was very good so he should be able to build a high quality staff. He has years of experience with the press and seems to have the kind of personality that would be a hit with the fundraising crowd.

He almost went to Florida a number of years ago so it is clear that he is not opposed to the idea of coaching at the college level. At CU he could stay in Colorado, keep his house, keep his and his wifes social connections and many of his endorsement connections.

Of course it is pure speculation but I don't think it is as outragious as people might think.

Reactions: dio
I think Shanny to CU and Belichcick to NU would be aweomse and continue the rivalry that was started in the NFL. My partner and I would love that idea. It's groovy. BTW I use Black and Gold colored condoms when I give it to my boyfriend. He dressed up in a Nebraska sweats when we do it, and I can really say Huck the Fuskers!

Tuperville is not coming. What about Jason Sykes? Is he available to coach. He was really cool too.

Paging La Junta....why is this guy still around?

plus he wouldn't have to sell his house. This may be over the top optimism on my part, but there's a part of me that would think that Shanny would LOVE to coach in Colorado, where he can out-shine the doosh that replaced him while still pulling a check from the doosh who fired him.

Good point, I wouldn't be surprised to see the Buffs have a bigger following than the Broncos if Shanny came in and did well while McD goes into year 3 of the Orton/Simms project.

Really though, I think it is too risky for Shanny. If he didn't do well at CU, he probably wouldn't get another shot at the NFL again.

Good point, I wouldn't be surprised to see the Buffs have a bigger following than the Broncos if Shanny came in and did well while McD goes into year 3 of the Orton/Simms project.

Really though, I think it is too risky for Shanny. If he didn't do well at CU, he probably wouldn't get another shot at the NFL again.

Any coaching job is a risk. The guy is in his 50's. He's a multi millionaire. Financially, he doesn't need to work, but he's said he wants to again. While he's said he prefers the NFL, I seem to remember he left open the possibility of coaching college ball. I don't think the issue is the risk of failure at the college level. I think if there's an issue, it's that he prefers the NFL and is willing to wait until the right job comes open there.

Back