What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Big 12 - 2010 projections

Go ahead and throw some cash down on that. See how it turns out for ya.

fusker blathering aside, you really think that there is enough talent on that team now that Suh and his magical ability to destroy UT's entire Offensive line are gone? Cause he covered up a LOT of deficiencies...

fusker blathering aside, you really think that there is enough talent on that team now that Suh and his magical ability to destroy UT's entire Offensive line are gone? Cause he covered up a LOT of deficiencies...

Which deficiencies are you talking about exactly? Serious question.

Linebacker? Maybe? Dillard was good but not All Big 12 good.

Secondary? Doubtful. Those guys played their tails off. Might have been the best secondary in the Big 12.

Defensive end? Maybe?

I guess I'm confused. Where were the serious deficiencies in the NU defense? (If you're talking about the offense that's a whole 'nother can of worms. I'd agree with you if that's the case.)

Blathering huh? Making points supported by facts...hmmm...you really seem sure that it was Suh and 10 other talentless idiots out there last season, huh? Make sure you completely ignore the fact that UT's receivers were completely blanketed the entire game, making it possible for Suh to get those sacks. Also ignore the 3 int's the secondary had in that game. That was all Suh as well. My guess is that you are hoping and praying that the success was completely because of him. Like I said before, if you really believe that UT+14 is likely, throw some money at it. Otherwise let's just get back on topic.

Blathering huh? Making points supported by facts...hmmm...you really seem sure that it was Suh and 10 other talentless idiots out there last season, huh? Make sure you completely ignore the fact that UT's receivers were completely blanketed the entire game, making it possible for Suh to get those sacks. Also ignore the 3 int's the secondary had in that game. That was all Suh as well. My guess is that you are hoping and praying that the success was completely because of him. Like I said before, if you really believe that UT+14 is likely, throw some money at it. Otherwise let's just get back on topic.
the topic was big 12 projections, not how much you live vicariously through your football team.

Which deficiencies are you talking about exactly? Serious question.

Linebacker? Maybe? Dillard was good but not All Big 12 good.

Secondary? Doubtful. Those guys played their tails off. Might have been the best secondary in the Big 12.

Defensive end? Maybe?

I guess I'm confused. Where were the serious deficiencies in the NU defense? (If you're talking about the offense that's a whole 'nother can of worms. I'd agree with you if that's the case.)

I'm thinking the issue is more with this Board's perception of UT. How easily it is forgotten that CU had UT seriously on the ropes until the bad pick 6. UT was OK last year but I think their telling games were the CU game and their lack of Offense in the OU game. They had a good D but the O struggled against good D.

Generally speaking, if you can't run, you aren't going to win..unless you get that .01 tacked on.

Love UT all you want but there is a beatdown headed their way in mid October.

Mizz is far more worrisome than UT.

the topic was big 12 projections, not how much you live vicariously through your football team.

No, we just defend ignorant statements about said team. At least have facts if you post stuff.

Like politics, I don't care what someone believes, just have valid reasons why so we can debate.

Typical buff response. Pretty sure my posts have been factual, not hyped up with homerism. One little buffie says Suh was the only reason that NU ended up with the #1 defense in the nation. Pretty sure that the vast, vast majority of the CFB world would disagree with that statement.

Typical buff response. Pretty sure my posts have been factual, not hyped up with homerism. One little buffie says Suh was the only reason that NU ended up with the #1 defense in the nation. Pretty sure that the vast, vast majority of the CFB world would disagree with that statement.

You really think Nebraska has the #1 defense in the nation if Suh wasn't on the team last year? :wow:

:lol:

I'm thinking the issue is more with this Board's perception of UT. How easily it is forgotten that CU had UT seriously on the ropes until the bad pick 6. UT was OK last year but I think their telling games were the CU game and their lack of Offense in the OU game. They had a good D but the O struggled against good D.

Generally speaking, if you can't run, you aren't going to win..unless you get that .01 tacked on.

Love UT all you want but there is a beatdown headed their way in mid October.

Mizz is far more worrisome than UT.
Mizzou is far more worrisome than UT? oh, :rofl:
Your linebackers and secondary benefited from intense and constant pressure from the front four. Your linebackers especially were nothing special. You had a solid, if unspectacular, secondary. It all starts up front, and you guys had that.

Sorry, but if you think you guys will still be dominant after losing a talent like Suh.... :lol:

i don't give a **** what you have to say. i've seen you on other boards and you're a ****ing tool.

wow really? Not only would I disagree, but it wouldn't even be close. You guys must think pretty highly of Bo to think that you won't face any kind of dropoff after you lose a guy that has been described as the best DT in 20 years. I'm not saying your defense will be garbage or something next year, but damn.

Which team has beaten you worse..UT or Mizz? I wouldn't laugh too much about Mizz. I'm thinking the mood around here will be pretty gloomy in the days leading to your game in Columbia.

Next year, Mizz will be comparable to Texas overall and their Offense will be more potent than UT's. That is why they will cause more problems.

You like to think we lost alot...Texas lost 90% of it's offense and you think THEY will be a juggernaut????

I'm sure this post will be used by many after Mid October...not a big win, UT lost alot after last year, etc.

Which team has beaten you worse..UT or Mizz? I wouldn't laugh too much about Mizz. I'm thinking the mood around here will be pretty gloomy in the days leading to your game in Columbia.

Next year, Mizz will be comparable to Texas overall and their Offense will be more potent than UT's. That is why they will cause more problems.

You like to think we lost alot...Texas lost 90% of it's offense and you think THEY will be a juggernaut????

I'm sure this post will be used by many after Mid October...not a big win, UT lost alot after last year, etc.

Hornz lost 3 OL, 1 WR, and a QB - all will be replaced by comparable talent, though slightly less experienced - they also basically ditched the Vince Young offense and will be a very adept runiing team as well

on defense, 1 CB, 1 LB, and 2 DL -----same thing - loads of talent

Mizzou doesnt begin to compare in talent, nor do Corn, nor does MobilHoma...........the entire rest of the league is 4-7 to 7-4 teams all in a jumble, including the Hawkins clan

Hornz lost 3 OL, 1 WR, and a QB - all will be replaced by comparable talent, though slightly less experienced - they also basically ditched the Vince Young offense and will be a very adept runiing team as well

on defense, 1 CB, 1 LB, and 2 DL -----same thing - loads of talent

Mizzou doesnt begin to compare in talent, nor do Corn, nor does MobilHoma...........the entire rest of the league is 4-7 to 7-4 teams all in a jumble, including the Hawkins clan

an unproven QB is comparable to their all time best..and said all time best QB's primary go to WR is gone as well? Changing your offense to run 1st pass 2nd? I smell growing pains in a big way. ATM may be the fellas to beat in that Division.

an unproven QB is comparable to their all time best..and said all time best QB's primary go to WR is gone as well? Changing your offense to run 1st pass 2nd? I smell growing pains in a big way. ATM may be the fellas to beat in that Division.
Both aTm and TT should be challenging for the South this season. TT is loaded with experience, although both QB's are hurt at the moment. aTm will be dangerous if they find a D.

And again, it was mostly D (Arizona's D was that bad last season--odd from a Stoops team. Perhaps an example of an HC who didn't concentrate on his area of specialty?).

How bad was Arizona's defense last year? Ranked 25th in total defense, 51st in scoring defense. Not strong by any means, but putting up 33 points in 3 quarters against Zona isn't anything to dismiss.

I see Nub being stronger this year than last year. With Pelini calling the shots, the defense won't take a significant step back, but I also think he's full of **** saying the D will be stronger. The offense returns 10 starters, so I imagine it will be improved. How much? Who knows. But I don't want to see another fusker using the injury excuse, that's reserved only for Hawkins supporters.

So we go from saying Suh is overrated after our game against Nub last year to now saying the Husker defense cannot be dominant without a talent like Suh. Nice.

When has a Pelini-ran defense NOT been dominant?

*Other than 2008, his first year back at Nebraska. Even then, he took a defense ranked in the 100s from the previous year to one ranked in the 50s. Dramatic improvement.

I'm going with Oklahoma-Nebraska in the Big12 CG. Mizzou and Texas will be serious challengers to both.

North
1. Neb
2. Mizzou
3. KSU
4. ISU
5. CU
6. KU

South
1. OU
2. UT
3. TT
4. A&M
5. OSU
6. BU

I'm going with Oklahoma-Nebraska in the Big12 CG. Mizzou and Texas will be serious challengers to both.

North
1. Neb
2. Mizzou
3. KSU
4. ISU
5. CU
6. KU

South
1. OU
2. UT
3. TT
4. A&M
5. OSU
6. BU

goood placement................I think Hornz win south.........hard to argue with anything else !

North
1. Neb
2. Mizzou
3. KSU
4. ISU
5. CU
6. KU

South
1. OU
2. UT
3. TT
4. A&M
5. OSU
6. BU

I have been watching this thread develop and this order seems about right to me too. I would not under estimate what KU does this year. KU could be the surprise team of the B12 with a new coach and renewed excitement.

Time will tell.

Neither will seriously challenge for the south. It will be OU or Texas, and I'm guessing it will be the Sooners. A&M's defense is beyond soft, and TT has a new coaching staff.

The only thing that makes me think TT will not go the same route as others with first year coaches is the fact that TTubs has said he's not changing the offense at all next season. Combine that with some SEC attitude on the defense and they could be really good. Time will tell.

So we go from saying Suh is overrated after our game against Nub last year to now saying the Husker defense cannot be dominant without a talent like Suh. Nice.

When has a Pelini-ran defense NOT been dominant?

*Other than 2008, his first year back at Nebraska. Even then, he took a defense ranked in the 100s from the previous year to one ranked in the 50s. Dramatic improvement.

Is possible in your mind that different people are saying different things? Or does one CU fan say one thing, and somehow speak for the entire CU fanbase? And then if another fan says something else which contradicts that first fan it becomes hypocracy?

I don't personally remember anybody calling Suh overrated last year, but maybe they did--does it matter that others may have disagreed? I do remember folks saying that Ryan Miller played well against Suh.

Is possible in your mind that different people are saying different things? Or does one CU fan say one thing, and somehow speak for the entire CU fanbase? And then if another fan says something else which contradicts that first fan it becomes hypocracy?

I don't personally remember anybody calling Suh overrated last year, but maybe they did--does it matter that others may have disagreed? I do remember folks saying that Ryan Miller played well against Suh.

fyi - Suh also had a few clunkers thrown in as well. There was the game against Texas Tech when he had four tackles and no sacks in a 21-point loss to the Red Raiders. He had four tackles and no sacks against Oklahoma. And three tackles and no sacks against Kansas.

fyi - Suh also had a few clunkers thrown in as well. There was the game against Texas Tech when he had four tackles and no sacks in a 21-point loss to the Red Raiders. He had four tackles and no sacks against Oklahoma. And three tackles and no sacks against Kansas.
I don't know if you can call Suh's game against OU a clunker. He blocked a field goal, broke up passes, forced intentional grounding calls, and at one point during the game he THREW an offensive guard into Landry Jones.

Sorry for the hijacking. Back to the Big 12 projections.

I don't know if you can call Suh's game against OU a clunker. He blocked a field goal, broke up passes, forced intentional grounding calls, and at one point during the game he THREW an offensive guard into Landry Jones.

Sorry for the hijacking. Back to the Big 12 projections.
Even if I wasn't an NU fan this is just retarded awesome.
[video=youtube;mT3lp6uT7gA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mT3lp6uT7gA[/video]

Back