1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Big 12 Basketball Blackout Rules

Discussion in 'Colorado Basketball Message Board' started by OUBuff, Dec 2, 2009.

1. OUBuff

OUBuff American Club Member

Well, I was frustrated that I have DirecTV with the regional sports package yet had the BB game last night blacked out. So I wrote FSN RM about it. Their response:

Now, I don't know the reasoning behind that rule, but don't you think the Big 12 would WANT to have their product in as many markets as possible?

Silly if you ask me.

Appreciate the quick response from FSNRM though.:thumbsup:

2. CarolinaBuff

CarolinaBuff Weekend Poster Club Member

I wonder if this is something new? Because in the past few years I've always been able to get all the CU games that are on FSRM.

3. OUBuff

Probably spending too much time and effort in this but the B12 official site has this in their TV/RADIO FAQ:

ESPN effed us :dbt:

4. CarolinaBuff

CarolinaBuff Weekend Poster Club Member

So now we'll need to get ESPN Full Court to see the CU games even though they're broadcast on FSNRM. :sad2: Yea, that sucks. Same deal with the Nugs, all their games on Altitude are blacked out to protect the NBA League Pass package. Almost defeats the purpose of getting all the Fox Sports regionals if you can't see most of the games that are on there.

5. OUBuff

Worst part is that last night's game wasn't on Full Court either... I don't have Full Court, but I checked. It does have me rethinking the regional sports package outside of football season.

6. HotRack

HotRack Rez BubbleHead Club Member

The other thing that sucks is that ESPN apparently has agreements with the cable companies to determine who can and cannot stream ESPN360.com.

Example: The first CU BBall game of the season was being carried on ESPN360. I logged on figuring it would just "load up" but no. It asked to choose my internet/cable provider from a drop down menu. Well, TimeWarner wasn't there so I chose other, and after giving up my zip code I got the nice message "We're sorry, but TimeWarner is not a authorized carrier of ESPN360 in your region."

So I'm now doubly ****ED! ****ERS!

7. dabuffffs

dabuffffs New Member

More of a reason for the Big 12 to start their own network.

8. OUBuff

There you have it :huh:

9. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

Hey you ****ers, stop your bitching and move to Colorado!

10. HotRack

HotRack Rez BubbleHead Club Member

Hey cut me some slack here, old man! Uncle Sam still gets 6 more years of telling me where to live! If there's a submarine in Colorado I don't know about, let me know and I'll talk to my a-hole detailer about getting orders there!:lol:

Until then, I'm gonna piss and moan about the ****ty TV packages the B12 signs as much as I want!:thumbsup:

11. JimmyBuff

JimmyBuff Well-Known Member

:yeahthat: I have the fullcourt package and if its not picked up by full court out of staters don't get the game. Its been this way for at least 2 years now..