1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Big 12 Bowls

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by PhillyBuff, Nov 26, 2007.

1. PhillyBuff

PhillyBuff Club Member Club Member

Jul 8, 2005
    2. Cotton
    3. Holiday
    4. Alamo
    5. Insight
    6. Independence
    7. Texas

Most likely we will get 2 BCS bids and that means we get in. The following are bowl eligible from the Big 12:

Mizzou BCS
    Kansas BCS
    Colorado Insight
    Oklahoma Cotton
    Texas Holiday
    Texas Tech Alamo
    Texas A&M Independence
    Oklahoma State Texas

Those are my predictions... anyone else?
  2. BeachBronco

BeachBronco Active Member

Nov 16, 2006
    Alamo-Texas A&M
    Independence-Texas Tech

Two bowls we haven't mentioned that could get into the mix but I am not sure how they get to do this would be the Gator Bowl, which would love to get their hands on Texas and the Sun Bowl which would look at Tech somewhat interestingly. I think the Gator would not want South Florida because their fans can just drive to the game the day of it and not spend money in Jacksonville.
  3. Junction

Junction Moderator Club Member

Jul 8, 2005
    The Gator and Sun bowls have deals with the Big East and Big XII. The Gator Bowl gets the first choice of the two, and whichever conference they don't pick from sends a team to the Sun Bowl. Reportedly, the Gator Bowl has to take 2 Big XII teams in the next 3 years and will take a Big XII team this year. If they do, the pick between the Holiday and Alamo Bowls from among the Big XII teams. I think that is probably where Tech ends up.

With Kansas done for the season at #5 in the BCS, I think the Big XII is basically guaranteed two BCS slots. The winner of the CCG obviously gets one, Kansas gets the other, unless Mizzou loses to OU, in which case they should go ahead of KU...