1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Big 12 Farewell Tour: Baylor

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by BuffNut99, Oct 12, 2010.

1. BuffNut99

BuffNut99 Club Member Club Member

Any memories from Baylor games that you care to reminisce about? Pre-Big 12 games are allowed, as those contests were likely more meaningful and entertaining than 1996-present.

My favorite Baylor game is 1992, CU 57, Baylor 38. A ranked Baylor squad beat CU in Boulder in 1991, 16-14, ending a 15 game home winning streak, so it was time for some revenge. In 1992, Kordell Stewart had arguably his best passing game as a Buff, going 16-17 for 251 yds and 3 TDs. 1991 Baylor hero J.J. Joe was only 6-20 passing, but those 6 went for 262 yards.

Hard to tell, but this photo is from that game:

[​IMG]

Colorado would take the 1993 contest against a ranked Baylor team as well, highlighted by a hail mary from Stewart to Charles Johnson at the end of the 1st half.

2. absinthe

absinthe Ambitious but rubbish. Club Member Junta Member

Baylor used to be good? what happened?

3. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

I liked it when we considered them an easy blow out every year.

4. NashBuff

NashBuff CSU Knob-Slobberer

Let's say that it has been a roller coaster of a ride with those Bears given the series post 1990. High scoring games and close games.

This has been a series that have stirred our emotions more than we could care to give credit for.

5. CVilleBuff

CVilleBuff Club Member Club Member

I've got a memory for you -- one of Hawk's two Big XII road wins, 42-23 in 2007.

6. GregInArlington

GregInArlington Well-Known Member

I remember when they beat us, and that was their first Big 12 win ever, after being in the conference for 8 years or something. Then they tore down their goalpost and carried it miles across town from their stadium to campus and shoved it in a fountain.

That was very embarassing, I hope it never happens again.

7. CaliBuff901

CaliBuff901 Active Member

My memory from Baylor was my Senior year at CU 2003 season and I was in Vegas with a bunch of buddies since it was our fall break weekend. I was super hung over and was just waking up at 1pm and I remember a buddy saying that we were losing to Baylor and I laughed to myself b/c I thought it was a joke and I thought, "Wow, could you believe if we ever actually lost to Baylor?!?" ..... Yea... I definitely broke something when that came to fruition

8. UrbanaBuff

UrbanaBuff Member

**** Baylor...

9. CenturyBuff

CenturyBuff Member

Also one of only three (3!) games that under Hawk's expert tutelage, CU has scored 40+.

I hope Griffin doesn't leave us with a bad lasting memory of Baylor on Saturday. The D has played well (not spectacular, but pretty well this year), but if the special teams and basically red zone ineptitude continues this week, I don't know how long the D can hold out.

10. BuffNut99

BuffNut99 Club Member Club Member

Baylor is one of two Big 12 teams (SWC teams, really) that the Buffs have played in a bowl game.

Lost the 1986 Bluebonnet Bowl to Baylor 21-9 in a game that was not that close. But check out our 1986 unis:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]