What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Big 12 predictions: Week 11

RSSBot

News Junkie
No doubt, it was a rough week for picks on the Big 12 Blog. To the handful of you who suggested I send back my paycheck after whiffing on four picks, your suggestions are under consideration. I'll let you know what I decide.

I'm headed to Austin for Oklahoma State's game against the Longhorns, but I'll be blogging the day's early games as well, like we do every week. So, make sure and stay tuned in all weekend.

Last week: 2-4 (.333)

Overall: 61-16 (.792)

No. 17 Missouri 27, No. 24 Kansas State 24 : Missouri hasn't lost to Kansas State since 2005, but the Tigers will come close in this one. Collin Klein gets another start, and Kansas State establishes a ball-control offense like they did against Texas, just not quite as successful. The Tigers make enough plays offensively to close out the home season with a win.

Iowa State 30, Colorado 24: Colorado is obviously a huge wild card here, but Iowa State knows what's at stake: A loss here would probably keep them out of a bowl with Missouri the only team left on the schedule. The Buffs turn in a great effort, but seniors Austen Arnaud and Alexander Robinson turn in better ones with a pair of big days.

No. 16 Oklahoma 34, Texas Tech 27: Oklahoma may feel invincible at home, but they haven't been invincible every time out this year. This one's close early, and the Red Raiders offense keeps up with a few big catches from Ryan Broyles, but the Sooners wear down the Red Raiders front seven late by dominating time of possession with backs DeMarco Murray and Roy Finch behind an offensive line with a lot to prove after goal-line failures last week.

No. 8 Nebraska 41, Kansas 13: The backstories in this one should be much more interesting than the actual game. The Jayhawks comeback last week was remarkable, but Memorial Stadium won't be the site of Kansas' next step forward. They'll have to wait to build on the win over Colorado after they figure out quickly that the Huskers might be just a little bit better than Colorado. That said, Bo Pelini knows better than to hang a big number on Turner Gill. Doing so wouldn't earn him any fans in the stands or in the office on Monday.

No. 25 Texas A&M 31, Baylor 30: This is my pick of the week. Come back later today for a video of me explaining my pick.

No. 10 Oklahoma State 34, Texas 17: Mack Brown isn't lying when he says this is the best offense he's seen in a long time. For all the talk about "system," it can look pretty unstoppable with high-level athletes running it. The possibility of Texas' defense unleashing an all-time performance is looming, but I'll take the league's most consistently productive unit in Oklahoma State's offense. The Cowboys can move the ball in a lot more ways and with a lot more guys than Nerbraska.

More...

Back