What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Big 12 predictions: Week 13

RSSBot

News Junkie
By David Ubben

I hit on my upset special last week when I picked Texas A&M to beat Nebraska, but I'll pause and give you a few seconds to plead your case about why it shouldn't count...

...I'm counting it anyway.

For the second consecutive week, my only miss came courtesy of those plucky Boulder Buffs, so maybe it's time to start picking them to win. We'll see.

I'm headed to Stillwater this week for Bedlam, a.k.a the Big 12 South championship game between Oklahoma and Oklahoma State, but here's who I've got this week in the rest of the games across the conference:

Last week: 5-1 (.833)

Overall: 71-18 (.798)

THURSDAY

No. 17 Texas A&M 20, Texas 13: This is my pick of the week. Come back later this afternoon for a video of my explanation.

FRIDAY

No. 15 Nebraska 19, Colorado 13: Nebraska's defense is playing better than it has all season. Its offense is playing as poorly as it has all season. It's anyone's guess as to if or how well Taylor Martinez plays on Saturday, but he won't be the same Martinez that routinely racked up 125 yards on the ground early in the season. Without being able to plant on that ankle, Martinez's passing mechanics suffered against Texas A&M as well. Nebraska finds enough offense to win with Rex Burkhead and Roy Helu Jr., but it's close against a Colorado team that's finally utilizing its apparent talent.

SATURDAY

No. 14 Missouri 31, Kansas 14: Kansas is getting better, and played a great first half against Oklahoma State last week. The Tigers offense is good, but they don't have the number of high-level options Oklahoma State used to blow out the Jayhawks in the second half. Don't be surprised if Turner Gill has something up his sleeve for this game, and pulls it out to help put some points on the board early.

Kansas State 41, North Texas 17: The Mean Green got a nice bump after firing Todd Dodge earlier in the year, but that bump isn't going to put them over Kansas State. They don't make running backs like Daniel Thomas in the Sun Belt. The Wildcats overpower the home team and head to a bowl game with a better taste in their mouth than after last week's loss to Colorado.

Texas Tech 47, Houston 24: Houston has lost its last three games, and given up 42 points a pop doing it. That streak won't end in Lubbock against the Red Raiders. Taylor Potts goes out on a high note heading into a bowl game.

No. 9 Oklahoma State 47, No. 13 Oklahoma 38: Expect this one to be well worth the price of admission. Oklahoma State's defense has made big strides down the stretch, and they'll be the difference this week. Mike Gundy gets his first win over the Sooners with the most on the line and on the biggest stage. Couldn't ask for a better time. I'll be back on Friday with my three keys to this game for each team.

Regular season complete: Baylor (7-5), Iowa State (5-7)

Originally posted by ESPN.com - Big 12 Blog
Click here to view the article.

Back