What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

***Big 12 Press Release***

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
The Big 12 announced it has reached agreement with the University of Colorado regarding its withdrawal from the Conference effective June 30, 2011, subject to final approval from the member institutions’ respective governing boards.

The Conference will withhold $6,863,000 from the revenues otherwise distributable to the University. Colorado will withdraw from the Conference at the end of the current academic year.

Big 12 Conference Commissioner Dan Beebe stated, “This agreement was accomplished through a collegial, respectful process among the Conference, its institutions, and the University of Colorado that led to a resolution that all parties believe is fair. I appreciate the cooperation of Chancellor Phil DiStefano and others at Colorado. The Big 12 has enjoyed its relationship with CU and wishes it well in the future.”

“The University of Colorado at Boulder was a founding member of the Big 12 and a proud participant in it for 15 years,” said DiStefano. “Even as we leave for an exciting future in the Pac-10 Conference, we value the great friendships and memorable rivalries we have been a part of, and we appreciate the good faith Commissioner Dan Beebe has shown in working with us on our exit from the conference.”

“We are pleased that, with this issue behind us, the Big 12 is poised to begin the transition to its exciting future as a 10-member Conference beginning in July,” Beebe added.

First I would like to congratulate the Buffs and their fans for the move to the Pac-12 next year. The move to the Pac 12 should be a great opportunity for Colorado and its athletic program.

It is interesting to note that Big 12 Commissioner is a real original. He can't even change up his comments regarding CU and NU leaving the Conference even just a little. The Big Texas Conference can just keep him for a long long time. Or until the money runs short to pay off Texas A&M. :lol::lol::lol:

The Big 12 announced it has reached agreement with the University of Colorado regarding its withdrawal from the Conference effective June 30, 2011, subject to final approval from the member institutions’ respective governing boards.

The Conference will withhold $6,863,000 from the revenues otherwise distributable to the University. Colorado will withdraw from the Conference at the end of the current academic year.

Big 12 Conference Commissioner Dan Beebe stated, “This agreement was accomplished through a collegial, respectful process among the Conference, its institutions, and the University of Colorado that led to a resolution that all parties believe is fair. I appreciate the cooperation of Chancellor Phil DiStefano and others at Colorado. The Big 12 has enjoyed its relationship with CU and wishes it well in the future.”

“The University of Colorado at Boulder was a founding member of the Big 12 and a proud participant in it for 15 years,” said DiStefano. “Even as we leave for an exciting future in the Pac-10 Conference, we value the great friendships and memorable rivalries we have been a part of, and we appreciate the good faith Commissioner Dan Beebe has shown in working with us on our exit from the conference.”

“We are pleased that, with this issue behind us, the Big 12 is poised to begin the transition to its exciting future as a 10-member Conference beginning in July,” Beebe added.

And for Nebraska he said:

http://nebraska.statepaper.com/vnews/display.v/ART/2010/09/21/4c991f271d278
Big 12 commissioner Dan Beebe said: "This agreement was accomplished through a collegial, respectful process among the conference, its institutions, and the University of Nebraska that led to a resolution that all parties believe is fair. I appreciate the cooperation of Chancellor Harvey Perlman and Nebraska staff. The Big 12 has enjoyed its relationship with Nebraska and wishes it well in the future."

Good Luck in the 12-Pac!

what a lazy ****.

Surveyor I think we can both agree on this one, good bye riddance to the Mack-10.

First I would like to congratulate the Buffs and their fans for the move to the Pac-12 next year. The move to the Pac 12 should be a great opportunity for Colorado and its athletic program.

It is interesting to note that Big 12 Commissioner is a real original. He can't even change up his comments regarding CU and NU leaving the Conference even just a little. The Big Texas Conference can just keep him for a long long time. Or until the money runs short to pay off Texas A&M. :lol::lol::lol:

http://nebraska.statepaper.com/vnews/display.v/ART/2010/09/21/4c991f271d278
Big 12 commissioner Dan Beebe said: "This agreement was accomplished through a collegial, respectful process among the conference, its institutions, and the University of Nebraska that led to a resolution that all parties believe is fair. I appreciate the cooperation of Chancellor Harvey Perlman and Nebraska staff. The Big 12 has enjoyed its relationship with Nebraska and wishes it well in the future."

Good Luck in the 12-Pac!

:lol: It's a good thing DiStefano and Perlman share the same job title or he might not have been able to get that out until tomorrow... :lol:

Could you imagine, after the dissolution of your 25 year marriage, you and your ex exchange pleaentries. "She is the mother of my kids and a great cook. I relish the time we had together. I have the upmost respect for her and we shall always remain friends." :lol:

Big 12 commissioner Dan Beebe said: "This agreement was accomplished through a collegial, respectful process among the conference, its institutions, and the University of Nebraska that led to a resolution that all parties believe is fair. I appreciate the cooperation of Chancellor Harvey Perlman and Nebraska staff. The Big 12 has enjoyed its relationship with Nebraska and wishes it well in the future."[/B]

Happy trails in the BigTeleven12.

Last edited by a moderator:
we never should have invited Texas schools into the Big 8...in my opinion. I will honestly miss the regional rivalry with Nebraska.

Now how soon do you think it will be before we get an announcement on division alignment?

we never should have invited Texas schools into the Big 8...in my opinion. I will honestly miss the regional rivalry with Nebraska.

Can't go back now. However, I'm glad that we disregarded the Big 8 conf records. No Texas taint on those.

Back