What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Big 12 Spring Game Attendance

ScottyBuff

77,936 - Nebraska
44,000 - Texas
16,000 - Oklahoma
15,000 - Missouri
15,000 - Texas A&M
13,696 - Kansas State
12,500 - Kansas
10,000 - Iowa State
9,100 - Colorado
7,000 - Oklahoma State
6,000 - Texas Tech (an estimate based on reports not "official" estimates)
n/a - Baylor (probably nothing much different than previous years' reports of "a sparse crowd")

For the Pac-10:
25,000 Oregon
15,000 USC
15,000 Washington
12,494 UCLA
7,141 Oregon State
6,000 Arizona
6,000 ASU
4,000 Stanford
3,000 Cal
1,000 Wazzou

Scotty, thanks for starting this thread. I wanted to see those numbers.

CU's fan support was half the 2009 numbers, which might be due to the fact that the football team won half as many games as the lowest baseline expectations going into the CSU game.

One can only imagine what might have been if CU would have lived up to their preseason expectations. If CU were able to replicate the 2009 attendence numbers again this year, that would put CU much closer to the top of the list.

It's hard to watch the University and fans lose that loving feeling for eachother. It didn't have to be this way.

Yea, well spoken from someone who wasn't there and probably knows "all" about football too.:popcorn::popcorn:

14ers point wasn't about football, it was about how your state is the equivalent of this country's sweaty nut sack...that's why so many of you keeping sneaking across the border into our state.

HA...you suck Baylor.

How does Cal not get more than 3,000 to come out for the spring game?!?

I firmly believe that once we're winning and our fan base is engaged again, that we'll be able to consistently draw between 15k-20k fans for our Spring Game and make it a nice event every year. 25k-30k is also a realistic goal for the future if Bohn continues to do a good job of marketing it and tying it in with other things.

Why couldn't the Healthy Kids Day, the Forever Buffs 5k Run and the other events continue to grow until we had a big "CU Springfest" with the game as the centerpiece? We've even got a Pearl Street Stampede downtown parade the night before these days. It looks like we're heading in that direction and I think that's one of the great improvements that Bohn has made.

I can tell you that the reason I didn't go this year was because Hawkins is still the coach.

Nice info. Just another proof point of why we are a much better match for the Pac 10.

It could look worse, too. OU and OSU's numbers were off 5,000-10,000 because of wet and windy weather.

Utah had somewhere between 10k and 17k at their Spring Game. I'm sure BYU would have had a large turnout but they didn't hold a "spring game", just some clinics and kid day stuff.

Yes, it was a good day to get together and watch some football and meet some people.

All hail the best fans in football.

Generally, it's a putoff to hear Nebraska fans pat themselves on the back for being the best fans in the country, especially when they point to hard to quantify things like knowledge or class. It means a lot more when you aren't the one pointing it out and instead ESPN is doing it. That's what's so gratifying about a turnout like Saturday's or an ongoing NCAA record sellout streak. It's a powerful statement about the passion of the fans that can't be argued away.

http://bigrednetwork.com/archives/2010/04/nebraskas_spring_game_turnout.html

I always thought the reason Gnubraska fans showed up for anything red near Lincoln was because there was absolutely nothing else going on in the state?

There are no pro sports, no competing schools of post-high school legend, no 10K marathons for charity or walks for cancer, no lecture series, no ... anything.

So given an opportunity to sit among other people all wearing the same color and eating fried cheese and frito pies, attending the spring game is just something to do that requires no particular decision-making talent, involvement or intellectual ability.

One could say he "chose" to attend the game, only if there were actually other options, which there are not.

HuskerFootballFan.jpg

I always thought the reason Gnubraska fans showed up for anything red near Lincoln was because there was absolutely nothing else going on in the state?

There are no pro sports, no competing schools of post-high school legend, no 10K marathons for charity or walks for cancer, no lecture series, no ... anything.

So given an opportunity to sit among other people all wearing the same color and eating fried cheese and frito pies, attending the spring game is just something to do that requires no particular decision-making talent, involvement or intellectual ability.

One could say he "chose" to attend the game, only if there were actually other options, which there are not.

View attachment 4814
Your right there AJ only thing to do only you would know.:rolling_eyes: But the truth is you would give your left nut to have that same turnout and not just for the spring game. BTW where di d you come up with that pic.

Your right there AJ only thing to do only you would know.:rolling_eyes: But the truth is you would give your left nut to have that same turnout and not just for the spring game. BTW where di d you come up with that pic.
i wouldn't give a nut, but it would be nice. especially when you're charging people to see a scrimmage.

Did Dave Plati count our attendance? Because if he did, that means we somehow packed 90,000 mother****ers in there.

This explains why all Nub fans have no nuts.

I Went to the Washington Spring Game, it was freezing, the wind was pounding in off Lake Washington and to top it all off it was raining and there was easily 15k there. Locker only played 2 series and people still stayed, everyone here in Seattle is very excited for the Dawgs. Montana's kid looked pretty good too.

I have season tickets and guess who is in town on Sept. 18th....NEBRASKA!!! Oh how I pray Locker destroys them! Husky Stadium will be rocking.

Don't worry Buff fans, will also be seeing the Buffs at Cal and making a trip to Boulder in Nov.

I cannot wait for the season to start!!!!

Back