1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Big 12 underrated this year

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Unleash Hell, Nov 11, 2007.

1. Unleash Hell

Unleash Hell Well-Known Member

The big talk this year has been has the Pac-10 overtaken the SEC as the nations toughest confrence. Well, in my opinion, the SEC is king year in and ou, but this year I think you can make a case for the Big 12 too.

Most recent top 5: Big 12 2 teams, SEC 1 team, Pac-10 1 team.

Top10: Big 12 3 teams, SEC 2 teams, Pac-10 2 teams.

Top 25: Big 12 4 teams, SEC 5 teams, Pac-10 3 teams.

2. Varsity

Varsity Member

Re: Big 12 underatted this year

Kansas and Missouri are frauds.

Neither will beat the ****stains (OU) in the champ game.

If either of them win their bowl games I'd be surprised.

3. DustyRhodes

DustyRhodes Active Member

I think Mizzou is for real. I don't know where they really fit in though. Are they top 10? top 15? top 20?

I mean they have looked very solid this year.

KU is overrated. They are undefeated so naturally they are rated high. But they will get theirs. And if it so turns out that they do not, then my hat is off.

OU is good. DeMarco Murray will win a Heisman before he graduates.

I think UT is underrated. KSU, UCF, but I just don't know if there are 14 teams better than them. They are solid. They're UT!

4. CarolinaBuff

CarolinaBuff Weekend Poster Club Member

I agree on both points, Mizzou is definitely for real and don't forget they have that opening-week win over Illinois.

5. Unleash Hell

Like I said before, if it's Mizzou in the CCG, the Tigers will win, just a huge gut feeling. I can't see how Ou wins against Mizzou's offense for a second time in the same year, just don't see that it's possible. But who knows it's been a strange season.

6. stampy

stampy Well-Known Member

If anything, the B12 is overrated. This may be the weakest south division in the history of the conference. OU is clearly tops, but by recent historic OU standards, they are mediocre at best. They are an inferior squad to the OU teams and UT team that have played for the MNC since 03.

Kansas has a scrappy team with a gamer at qb, but has not played a single team in the current top 25. I think there are 10+ teams that could beat them on a neutral field. I put Mizzou at the top of the B12 this year.

imo, Oregon is the best team in the country, and the PAC 10 is the strongest conference. There are propbably 3 teams in the PAC 10 that could win the B12. Oregon will rightfully play in the BCS championship game. The other half is less clear, but my guess is either LSU or Mizzou.

In the immortal words of Dennis Miller, "Of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

7. MiamiBuffs

MiamiBuffs Wᴉɐɯᴉ qnɟɟs Club Member

KU is real in my mind until they lose. They deserve at least that much respect. Obviously if either team beats OU in the CCG then that will settle it.

I believe KU is now ranked 3rd in the nation. :wow: OU will use that game to try and propel themselves into the mNC game if they finish without losing to those peskey cowboys and KU beats MU.

8. CUav8er

CUav8er Club Member Club Member

I'll have to say that after watching KU a few times this year they look pretty solid. I wish that they didn't play NU's noncon schedule though. It would be an easier argument to make if they had played some stronger teams. They do enough to wear you down and beat you. They looked good against Okielite, CU, and NU. If they win this weekend then that matchup at Arrowhead may be the real Big 12 Championship because I don't think that the South has it in them to win it all again this year.

9. west coast

west coast Guest

Don't know about that with Texas sucking this year, but we are deeper. I thin kansas and Mizzou are for real. I happened upon a LSU site, they think that Mizzou and Kansas could beat one sec team Vanderbilt. Another reason to love the SEC

10. 92Buff

92Buff Well-Known Member

It has been a great college football season if you like upsets and/or like watching the typical teams crowned in the pre-season polls learn that they really aren't very far ahead of the pack. Overall, I am not sure I can name 10 teams that I look at and say that they are a legit top ten team - but by default you have to have 10 teams in the list.

I think Mizzou is for real and I also think they have gotten better since they lost to OU. I look forward to seeing them square off again.

Given what all of the other conferences are producing, I would say that the Big XII teams are right in there. I hope the LSU vs. Oregon matchup comes through since both of those teams appear to be better than anything the Big XII has this year.

It would be a real tragedy if somehow the spooners or tiggers could jump into the fray of the top game. Good teams, but Oregon deserves their shot as they did in '01.

11. west coast

west coast Guest

If Kansas wins out they definitely deserve their shot over Oregon

12. 92Buff

92Buff Well-Known Member

You are correct - I have to admit I still don't give them credit and don't think they can win the Big XII. Of course, for sooner fan, that translates to the fact that they can't beat Mizzou.

Of course, I would not complain if they got left out of the big game even after running the table. Call it a little reward for that OOC schedule.

13. stampy

stampy Well-Known Member

If KU was to win out they would have two wins in as many weeks over top 10 teams on neutral fields and deserve to play in the MNC. Of course, if my uncle had tits, he'd be my aunt.

LSU wins out and they are in. According to the Post this morning if KU wins out they are also in. If either team loses then Oregon has dibs on the open slot. While in my mind KU will lose, it is certainly not a foregone conclusion that LSU can win out. In that case the B12 champ will play Oregon.

14. le alpe d huez

le alpe d huez New Member

No way in hell do the squawks deserve a shot at the MNC after that pathetic OOC they played. It would be a true travesty and only something bill snydley would approve of. At this point I'd say the jury is out on the B-12 as once again if you look at the OOC's of the combined 12 teams you see nothing but crap. One decent win from what I recall and that's Mizzou beating Illinois in the opener. The other 11 teams need to step up and grow a pair if they ever want to be taken seriously. To date Kansas has not played one team with a winning record. To their credit they have won all their games, but c'mon not like they've played the who's who of the NCAA.

15. Junction

Junction Moderator Club Member

The Big XII is still a BCS conference, right? Just checking, because a lot of people here are talking as if KU has played in the WAC or Sun Belt conference this year. If KU beats Mizzery and wins the conference title against OU, there can't be any doubt they deserve a shot at the MNC, regardless of who they played OOC.

Oregon lost to a mediocre Cal team. LSU lost to Kentucky, who hasn't been mistaken for the 1990 Buffs recently. There is not a team out there that doesn't have their flaws. KU's flaw is its schedule, but unlike any other realistic contender, their flaws do not include a loss. I really don't like the argument that their schedule should disqualify them, because it is the same as saying that the Big XII sucks - and there are plenty of fans nationally who love to say that. I don't think Big XII fans need to make the case for them... :huh:

16. Highflyer

Highflyer Moderator Club Member Junta Member

I'd say he'd be a tranny.

17. 66BUFF

66BUFF FTW Club Member

I'd bet that he never stops playing with them:smile2:

18. SuperiorBuff

SuperiorBuff Well-Known Member

Would you?!:rofl:

19. le alpe d huez

20. Unleash Hell

21. le alpe d huez

22. S00NER_Fan

S00NER_Fan Guest

This is what's going to happen, KU will get beaten by Mizzou. Mizzou will lose to OU in the Big 12 Championship game. Then if the gods are willing someone beats the Ducks then LSU and OU will play for the National Championship. If the Ducks don't lose then OU will still get a share of the National Championship. :thumbsup:

23. le alpe d huez

You sure you want to see the wagons back in the MNC game against LSU?

Oh, and how pissed off will OU fans be if it is Oregon edging out OU to play in the MNC game after what happened in Eugene last year.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

24. Unleash Hell

Oregon deserves their chance at playing for it, for not getting in in 2001

25. 92Buff

92Buff Well-Known Member

Really dont want to see that rerun - it wasnt very good the first time when you were actually favored.

I am not sure you even get by Mizzou a second time.

You lost your shot at the MNC on one beautiful sunny September 29. :)

26. S00NER_Fan

S00NER_Fan Guest

Either way it's going to play out with OU either having a share of the Title or playing for it against LSU. :thumbsup: But look at the bright side OU will bring the National Championship or at least a share of it back to the Big 12.

27. Unleash Hell

OU wont even get past Mizzou in the CCG, what are you smoking?

28. 92Buff

92Buff Well-Known Member

I am curious as to your logic. Are you assuming that if #2 Oregon beats #1 LSU that #3 OU ((assuming you are ther IF you win the big XII) beating #4 or lower will automatically get a share?

What am I missing?

29. 96 Buff

96 Buff Resident Commie Bastard Club Member Junta Member

The kind doobage he's clearly smoking.

30. S00NER_Fan

S00NER_Fan Guest

C'mon don't be a bunch of haters, give OU your support. I can't see how any true Buff fan could ever support Mizzou. :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2007