What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Big Hawkins Rumor- I Have No Link- but ......

InTheBuff

Club Member
Club Member
Boise State radio guys in Boise reporting that
Hawkins was to be fired today or tomorrow, and Mac to replace. Cited
reports coming out of Colorado.

wish this was true but highly doubt it (would have made sense to do 6 days ago)
nothing on Rivals- anybody have Scout ? has Ringo reported anything ?

i don't see how you can fire a guy that's 2-1. overall, sure lots of arguments but this season he's 2-1.

i don't see how you can fire a guy that's 2-1. overall, sure lots of arguments but this season he's 2-1.

Unless he has become a "cancer" within the athletic dept and fundraising efforts (not wearing CU gear, not saying "Go Buffs" and whatnot at public events). Sure they are small things, but where there is smoke there could be "You're Fired".

Supposedly posted on the Rivals Boise State site. Get a free trial and check it out. It's bull****.

Texas and Notre Dumb losing and Hawk getting fired. Maybe I should buy a lotto ticket. :lol:

Only a matter of time but I have a hard time believing that this is the time. I also don't believe the Mac coming back stuff. I can see him coming back as a consultant but I don't think he would coach again, expecially as an interem coach. The only way he would do this is if it were to keep the seat warm for one of his guys who has a current coaching commitment that he can't get out of until the end of the season, and even then I don't think he would do it.

Boise State radio guys in Boise reporting that
Hawkins was to be fired today or tomorrow, and Mac to replace. Cited
reports coming out of Colorado.

wish this was true but highly doubt it (would have made sense to do 6 days ago)
nothing on Rivals- anybody have Scout ? has Ringo reported anything ?

they must be getting their info from the guy who sits behind me at the games...

here's the thing: barring some cancerous incident that tips the scale, fire a loudmouth like Hawkins at 2-1 and you never hear the end of how he had it turned around but didn't get the chance....let him bury himself.

i would prefer to "go in another direction" myself, but unless something happened since last weekend....i don't see it.

here's the thing: barring some cancerous incident that tips the scale, fire a loudmouth like Hawkins at 2-1 and you never hear the end of how he had it turned around but didn't get the chance....let him bury himself.

i would prefer to "go in another direction" myself, but unless something happened since last weekend....i don't see it.

agreed

Turned it around?!? With wins against CSWho and Hawaii???

:rofl2:

Unless Chip Brown is also working the BSU site, I'm skeptical.

agreed.

I have been saying all season that it will take care of itself. Hawk doesn't need any help, he'll do it all by himself.

the time to fire Hawk was after the CAl game. He ain't going anywhere until the end of the season now.

Wake Forest fired a guy who was consistantly making 20 win seasons, NCAA appearances, had a #1 USA Today standing, had the #1 recruiting class coming in the next year and hired BZ who lost just as many games as Dino won, and had one failed attempt at a NCAA appearance years ago. Coaching changes dont always make sence to the outsider.

And for the record, I think Wake Forest made a huge mistake, and Colorado is going to be the team that benifits out of the whole ordeal.

Only if Talkins has a for sale sign in front of his house would this story have anything close to credibility.

Maybe he accidently sent a tweet to the wrong person berating Bohn and it got back to him. Bohn's is pissed so he calls him into his office and Hackins in great Hack fashion just humms and huhhs when Bohn asks him to explain the Tweet. Bohn gets tired of his crap and decides enough is enough. Mac is waiting on the wings anyhow and is only a phone call away, so he tells Hack to pack his chit and be out of the HC's office by tomorrow morning.

Tomorrow, Bohn announces that Mac will take over, because Hack has "officially" decided to resign, even though the school really fired him thus paying him his owed monies, but has to say he resigned as part of the deal. The boosters were pushing Bohn to get rid of him after the Bust in Berkely and told him they will donate huge amounts if Mac is brought back with another young asst to take over in the coming years.

Sounds feasible to me. Now, let's just hope it pans out.

no way. no way i belive this. not gonna happen. never in a million years. forget it.

i hope its true.

Don't F' with us. We're still in a fragile state from the ass whooping Cal gave us.

God I hate stupid ass bull**** rumors like these. Why the **** would we fire Hawk who is 2-1, and going into a week with a big home game celebrating the national championship team. That would totally take away the attention from that. Stupid ass Idahoans!

Back