What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Big X's live in Texas

That's the point UBT. There's no question you guys are superior to UT on the field so why do you guys let them push you around when it comes to $ etc.? You can kick their asses on game day but you're willing to be their bitch at the negotiating table? I don't get it.

If OU's athletic budget was in the 100s of millions dollars per year (i think UT's athletic budget is in the 120 millions) then I could see more negotiating against Texas. Last I looked OU's budget was around 72 million, OU receives more than enough dollars given to the athletic department to where its doesnt really matter how much money they receive from the conference.

I guess what I am trying to say can you become any better on 120 million dollars a year versus 72 million when you have everything you already need to be successful on the field in place?

Its like Bob Stoops said a couple of years ago after the 1st 3 way tie in the south. We all knew the rules coming into the season, and we all agreed by those rules and OU won the 2008 Big XII South division by these rules. Just tell me what the rules are before the season and I will play by these rules and win and if we dont then we know we gave it our best shot. The same situation applied this year. All 3 teams knew the rules and the way the rules played out OU won again. I just dont think next summer at the conference meeting you will see A&M and Okie Lite try to change the rules to favor them over what happened the past season as Texas did in 2008.

The teams that need to stand up and band together are the smaller schools, KSU, KU, ISU and such because those are the schools that are hurting as they do not have the alumni and donors. I think if they did, then OU would side with them, its just not OU's fight right now.

Personal opinion, the conference can survive without Texas, the conference cant survive with Oklahoma. Arrogance, maybe?? I feel its the truth though.

I dont pay for hookers. Switzer pays for hookers.

I really dont think Switzer has ever paid for hookers. One of the most successfull college coaches, factor in the #1 football program over the past 75 years or so written by several different sports authorities, member of the CFB Hall of Fame. Not to mention a super bow ring on top of all that. Men like that dont pay for hookers.

Its not like he is some oilfield trash.... just owns a couple of wells is all.

So how do you reconcile (look that word up) calling Nebraska a dwarf despite NU having more conference titles than OU?

Ugh, I need to go take a shower now.

Oklahoma and their 9 bitches conference..... (Texas can make the rules, receive more money, OU will just keep winning the conference, just like in the Big XII and the Big 8 (formaly known as OU and the 7 dwarfs)

hmmmmm no wonder OU keeps Texas around......

So how do you reconcile (look that word up) calling Nebraska a dwarf despite NU having more conference titles than OU?

Ugh, I need to go take a shower now.

You defended Nebraska. I think the shower needs to be in turpentine and you should use a steel bristle brush.

saw a sticker on a truck that should be the new motto for the big 12

F*ck
the rest

* this was the texas longhorn logo

I really dont think Switzer has ever paid for hookers. One of the most successfull college coaches, factor in the #1 football program over the past 75 years or so written by several different sports authorities, member of the CFB Hall of Fame. Not to mention a super bow ring on top of all that. Men like that dont pay for hookers.

Its not like he is some oilfield trash.... just owns a couple of wells is all.

Dont kid yourself. Switzer is trash. Ruined the career of Marcus Dupree because of his ego. He carries a loaded pistol with him so he doesnt have to pay the hookers.

It's not going to matter. The conference -whatever they decide to call it - is going to fall apart in another 4-5 years, maximum. No conference can survive under the conditions that are in place currently in the Big 12. It's only a matter of time before this thing collapses under the weight of UT's arrogance and greed.

Back