What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Biggest '17 Recruiting Needs

HawaiiBUFF

Club Member
Club Member
Wanted to see what everyone thinks what our biggest needs for this upcoming class will be?

Roster by Position (In order of class):
PG - Collier (Jr.), Akyazili (So.) & Peters (Fr.)
SG - Fortune (Sr.), White (Sr.) & Brown (Fr.)
SF - Johnson (Sr.) & King (Jr.)
PF - Gordon (Sr.) & Siewert (Fr.)
C - Miller (Jr.) & Walton (Fr.)

*note - people may have different opinions on the players position.

I am very pleased with Tad's '16 class. I think that he was able to go out and get some size to help us. The possibility of Walton redshirting, allowing his knees to heal and gain some weight is great news.

We are going to be losing a lot of experience after this year as well as size.

Fortune 6'5
White 6'6
Johnson 6'7
Gordon 6'9

I would hope Tad can land Schwartz (SG/SF). I think that he is our biggest target as of now, as he is a Top-100 player in our state. He is 6'6 and still growing. He would also help replace that SG/SF position. This should shape up to be a wing heavy class. I am hoping for 2 SG/SF, 1 PF and a PG. Also, we could very well have a 5th scholarship available. Which if we do, I would love another PF/C. That's the direction I think we need to go in.

Last edited:
Depends a lot on what happens with Namon Wright.

But I'd say we will need a forward and a post. After that, I think you can take BPA.

Depends a lot on what happens with Namon Wright.

But I'd say we will need a forward and a post. After that, I think you can take BPA.

This. Although I'm a big fan in taking a PG in every class. Those guys can make a huge difference. Get depth, get quality.

Because we lose a lot, I'm fine with just getting the best available players and not targeting a specific position. Yes, ideally you get a post, wing shooter, and perimeter/ball-handler for at least three of them. However, if Tad gets three players that are long athletic wings - cool. I'd be cool with two solid interior posts and two wings, or many other combinations. As long as it's not something crazy like four guards or four posts.

Agree that Schwartz is key. We really could use an impact freshman/incomer for the 17-18 season.

PG - Collier (Jr.), & Akyazili (So.)
SG - White (Sr.), Peters (Fr.) & Brown (Fr.)
SF - King (Jr.) & Fortune (Sr.)
PF - Johnson (Sr.) & Siewert (Fr.)
C - Gordon (Sr.) Miller (Jr.) & Walton (Fr.)

We need a Power forward and a Point guard!

Last edited:
I agree that a pg is needed in nearly every class. Keep in mind that Peters and Brown are both combo guards, who will get some minutes at the point this season. In addition, Namon Wright may also be able to handle a bit of time at the point in '17-'18.

I don't think Tad cares so much about having a true PG. He wants 3 ball handlers on the court. But he's perfectly happy if the two guards are guys like Alec Burks & Cory Higgins or Spencer Dinwiddie & Carlon Brown who are scorers rather than classic distributors. On that note, I believe he wants Dom to play more aggressively for his own offense and be more of a combo guard. His best games have been when he has done that.

I don't think Tad cares so much about having a true PG. He wants 3 ball handlers on the court. But he's perfectly happy if the two guards are guys like Alec Burks & Cory Higgins or Spencer Dinwiddie & Carlon Brown who are scorers rather than classic distributors. On that note, I believe he wants Dom to play more aggressively for his own offense and be more of a combo guard. His best games have been when he has done that.

In that scenario, I can see Dom's minutes limited each of his last two years unless we see strong improvement in all parts of his game, with Peters, Brown and White/Wright in the mix during that time.

Anybody know anything about Lamine Diane? I'm watching the adidas nations game and the guy is tough. Crazy potential and his only offer is Southern Utah. Sure our coaches know of him but if not they need to be aware!

Back