What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Biggest Difference makers on O and D

lvbuff

IMO the return of Tupou and Samson along with Carrol's experience from last year has had the biggest impact in the success of the defense. The ability of those three to control the LOS has given the LBs tha ability to make big time plays. At the same time, the secondary with all of its talent has the ability to make game changing plays. It all comes down to controlling the LOS in the rushing game and getting pressure on the Opposing QB.

As for offense, the only real difference is the absence of Nembot along with the fact that the O-line has had more continuity this season. That is not to say that there have been some injuries but the O-line has dominated for most of the season except for USC and the second half of Michigan. The rest of the O is virtually the same as last season minus Spruce.

The ability of the O-line to open holes and protect the QB has been the biggest difference between last season and thus season. It has given Sefo/Montez the time to throw the ball along with giving Lindsay et al giant running lanes.

I should mention that Sefo has done a tremendous job of protecting the ball.

My two cents.

As for offense, the only real difference is the absence of Nembot and the return Irwin from injury along with the fact that the O-line has had more continuity this season. That is not to say that there have been some injuries but the O-line has dominated for most of the season except for USC and the second half of Michigan. The rest of the O is virtually the same as last season minus Spruce.

The ability of the O-line to open holes and protect the QB has been the biggest difference between last season and thus season. It has given Sefo/Montez the time to throw the ball along with giving Lindsay et al giant running lanes.

I should mention that Sefo has done a tremendous job of protecting the ball.

My two cents.
FIFY, getting our best OL who plays in the most important position back from injury was huge.

Tupou has controlled the middle of the LOS letting everyone else work.

On offense (even though they play opposite ends of OL) trading Nembot for Irwin is not even comparable. Irwin gives us a PAC12 level LT and doesn't have the blown plays like Nembot did.

Thinking about depth, I can't think of a single 2nd stringer who wouldn't have been a starter at his position at some point during the 2006-2015 time frame.

Tupou has been huge for us, thank goodness. The whole D has been a breath of fresh air. I was pleased at Oliver's play, hopefully it makes him go nuts now. He has the ability.

Back