1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bill Self: Series was set up to give KU fans in Western KS chance to see KU at Keg

Discussion in 'Colorado Basketball Message Board' started by Jens1893, Dec 6, 2012.

1. Jens1893

Jens1893 Moderator Club Member Junta Member

2. absinthe

absinthe Ambitious but rubbish. Club Member Junta Member

uh - oh

3. BuffAlum2007

BuffAlum2007 Well-Known Member

He's gonna be mighty disappointed when the seats are filled with black and gold next year...

Sorry KU fans, no Allen Fieldhouse West for you anymore!

4. CVilleBuff

CVilleBuff Club Member Club Member

Honestly, I'm not convinced a decent amount doesn't find their way in when they visit. Our tickets are embarrassingly cheap. Their numbers will be drastically reduced, but a solid core will still find their way in. Hope I'm wrong.

It's like when UNC travels on the road in the ACC. Yeah, they face hostile gyms and games that have been sold out for weeks with students in tents. Yet always, a solid core of Heels finds a way in.

5. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

I hope those folks don't have DirecTV.

6. Jens1893

Jens1893 Moderator Club Member Junta Member

Unless we completely bomb the season, the game will be on one of the ESPN channels

7. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

Thanks for killing a perfectly good joke. Killjoy.

8. Quattro

Quattro Banned BANNED Club Member

Except most of the tickets will be bought by Buff fans. If we can pack it against CSU on a Wednesday night we will be able to pack it, with minimum blue on a Saturday night. It won't be Allen Fieldhouse of the West. There will be some blue obviously but I don't think there will be many.

9. CVilleBuff

CVilleBuff Club Member Club Member

Many of these KU fans will simply buy our embarrassingly cheap season tickets, bring the Buff Club to 5 figures of members, whatever they have to do. I'm not sure you understand what lengths these people are willing to go to to get in. KU fans are among the biggest diehards in college basketball. They find a way in, as they're used to dealing with this in every away gym they play in year after year. As you'll note in my original post, I said "drastically reduced". No, there will not be 5,000 KU fans in attendance, or anything close to that. We already made big strides the final 2 years in the Big XII of eliminating blue in the seats. However, there will be a core of the diehard KU fans who get inside the Keg.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2012