1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bill Snyder would be proud

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Duff Man, Mar 29, 2013.

1. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoo...how-mike-gundy-nearly-became-a-tennessee-vol-

2. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

Further evidence that we need a football playoff with conference champions plus at-large bids based on RPI & non-conference SOS.

3. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

We need to schedule teams like, oh, Sacramento St., in order to enhance our chance to win a national championship. Must stay away from the Colorado States of the world.

4. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

Or we could go back to the old bowl system and run a 4-team playoff with the winners.

5. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

How would that address a team scheduling lightly to position itself for the end?

6. PhillyBuff

PhillyBuff Club Member Club Member

Because your non conference losses do not matter.... However.... A team could elect to play 3 weak games to "rest" I guess..... But I would think most teams would want a huge challenge if it won't hurt them.

7. Mick Ronson

Mick Ronson Well-Known Member

if i am recruiting against Gundy in Texas i see him backing out of two basic almost home games in Dallas.

weak sauce. i sort of like Gundy and love his O...but this is chicken sh#t. i agree.

8. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

Because if you win your conference, you're still in. Some teams might view a tough non-conference schedule as a good way to prepare for the conference games.

9. buffedup

buffedup Cooler than a Popsicle Stand. Club Member

Gundy is a fool. McCartney scheduled tough, and it won us a national championship. While I think we should be creampuff U right now until the ship is righted, OSU should definitely schedule aggressively in the non conference.