What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Bill Walton in Boulder

Deleted member 807

Last night's ESPN2 broadcast of the U of A @ CU by Bill Walton was special.

I realized that:
P12N is less interesting this year with big wierd Bill earning his paycheck elsewhere.
(Similar view with departure of Rick Neuhisel)

Bill was one big advertisement for the Boulder Chamber of commerce and Colorado tourism. #1 Active town, #1 Foodie town, #1 recycling campus, blah, blah, blah

Loved his endorsement of Shap as an up-and-comer in sports broadcasting. Bill's kind words and the several seconds of footage of Shapiro doing his thing is resume material.

The Dead & Company concert and Rick George got a great plug.

Atomic Clock, Mork & Mindy, a bazillion fossils at the Nat History museum, the new Champions Center, Red Rocks Ampitheatre, Nairopa, $1B in MJ tax revenue all got airtime.

It must have been frustrating for AZ fans to hear Walton gushing about how awesome Boulder is while also being a homer for the CU Buffs, who held the lead for most of the game.

Now I don't have the tolerance for Walton on a regular basis. But he's got a Willy Wonka charm and was the right guy to toot CU's horn last night.

And he must have been stoned out of his mind. "Butterflies, Butterflies. butterflies are awesome."

So funny.

He was in form last night for sure, I don't know if he was high as a kite or he's just that way.

I'll watch the broadcast today on DVR. Love Walton. What I noticed while at the game is that he does not like to sit down. The people who paid for those first few rows of mid-court seats were getting annoyed with him.

I'll watch the broadcast today on DVR. Love Walton. What I noticed while at the game is that he does not like to sit down. The people who paid for those first few rows of mid-court seats were getting annoyed with him.
His co-host told him to sit down. Then he went off about something, I can't remember what since he talked about pretty much everything.:LOL:

I never really minded Walton before and typically don't see the issue with people who cry about color commentators. However, Walton was in an element I've never seen him before. I think he got maybe 2 minutes of actual basketball game talk in. Most of it made me laugh, but you could tell his partner was getting annoyed.

As always, for me - either entertain me or educate me. Hubie Brown isn't working college games, so give me someone like Walton who I'll laugh about. He makes no sense, he doesn't talk about the game and I can easily see how some hate him, but I love the games he calls.

Idk which one I laughed hardest at. I can't remember who it was but he said a lot of ****. It was something like a Buff made a play and he said his body was gonna be shown off in a museum or something. His co-host said, Bill, he's 20 years old. Then he went off on how it takes millions of years. I'm like, Wtf am I listening to.

Loved Walton last night, of course as long as the Buffs win, I would think everything associated with that win was outstanding. And it was.

I kind of rolled my eyes when, on our, like, 3rd possession, Walton exclaimed, "This is the best I've ever seen Colorado play!" Wut?

Now, I readily admit, by the end of the game, it may have been the best they'd ever played. But I don't think that at the 17 minute mark of the first half anyone could say that.

Reactions: aik
I kind of rolled my eyes when, on our, like, 3rd possession, Walton exclaimed, "This is the best I've ever seen Colorado play!" Wut?

Now, I readily admit, by the end of the game, it may have been the best they'd ever played. But I don't think that at the 17 minute mark of the first half anyone could say that.

The man is a prophet

Was there some sort of falling out between the Arizona Bearcats(?) and the Walton family? I've seen Bill do a couple Arizona games and he doesn't seem to like them much.

I love Bill Walton and his off the wall commentary. My favorite last night was him claiming to be the world champion at wheel of fortune. I have no idea how he got to that one.

I love Bill Walton and his off the wall commentary. My favorite last night was him claiming to be the world champion at wheel of fortune. I have no idea how he got to that one.

I was going to post the South Park clip of Randy on Wheel of Fortune, but it's a TOS violation.

It was great to have him being so pro-CU, especially as Pasch seemed intent on making it your typical Arizona broadcast where they're drooled over for 2 hours with a token mention of the opponent. Very refreshing to have CU get the spotlight.

Last edited:
he was awesome and most definitely stoned. for those of you who DVR'd the game, watch the lead-in. his co-host is visibly perturbed when walton leads with how much he is enjoying all boulder has to offer. it was epic. his CU homerism was amazing. love him or hate him, he helped our recruiting last night.

It was great to have him being so pro-CU, especially as McDonough seemed intent on making it your typical Arizona broadcast where they're drooled over for 2 hours with a token mention of the opponent. Very refreshing to have CU get the spotlight.

You mean Pasch?

he was awesome and most definitely stoned. for those of you who DVR'd the game, watch the lead-in. his co-host is visibly perturbed when walton leads with how much he is enjoying all boulder has to offer. it was epic. his CU homerism was amazing. love him or hate him, he helped our recruiting last night.
I'm not really arguing with you but how much do you think the stoned ramblings of a NBA used-to-be in a tye-dye tshirt and talking about Naropa is helping our recruiting? Someone talking up Boulder is always good, I get that, but rate the Walton factor on a scale of 1-1000 in helping with recruiting young men to the CU basketball program.

I'm not really arguing with you but how much do you think the stoned ramblings of a NBA used-to-be in a tye-dye tshirt and talking about Naropa is helping our recruiting? Someone talking up Boulder is always good, I get that, but rate the Walton factor on a scale of 1-1000 in helping with recruiting young men to the CU basketball program.

you might have a point. he was recruiting aging granola wannabes like me. lol.

Back