1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bizarre story in the Daily Camera (WBB)

Discussion in 'Colorado Basketball Message Board' started by jcatcher, Jul 4, 2012.

1. jcatcher

jcatcher Club Member Club Member

http://www.dailycamera.com/ci_20992...er-identifies-third-gender?source=most_viewed

Former basketball player Linda Lubin is making a movie that " follows Lubin as she undergoes surgery to remove her breasts and transform her currently female body to become gender neutral. She said this will mirror how [​IMG]

she feels inside. "

I'm an open minded guy and have been exposed to a lot in my life, but this is the first time I have ever heard of this.

I don't find anything wrong with it - I take her at her word that this is best for her - and body modification is practically a sport these days.

2. Creebuzz

Creebuzz Club Member Club Member

Well, Trinidad, Colorado has a world class facility for that type of surgery, which is strange for a town that also has a large population of cowboys and a good gunsmithing school.

3. jcatcher

jcatcher Club Member Club Member

That doctor left a couple of years ago after getting into a dispute with the hospital. It really hurt the community.

4. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

All the best to Linda.

I can't imagine how difficult life must have been for her having to deal with the mind, hormones and parts not lining up in the usual way and having to try to fit into a society that isn't always understanding and accepting.

I hope she's found her groove and is doing well. Hopefully this film will help her and others.

5. tante

tante Club Member Club Member

sadly Trinidad no longer has the facility, they are now done in San Francisco, which makes sense since they have a large airport there.

6. Creebuzz

Creebuzz Club Member Club Member

I leave Colorado for a few years and everything changes on me. Didn't know that. Hope the gunsmithing school is still there.

7. TDbuff

TDbuff Club Member Club Member

Anybody here take Sex/Gender in Society at CU? I forget what core credit people needed it for, but it was a fairly popular class. Anyways, this story is no big deal compared to some of the stuff you go over in that class.

8. tante

tante Club Member Club Member

Yeah the class sucked. Got duped into taking it. If I wanted to watch a guy get ****ed with a strap on I would have went to Nebraska

9. dio

dio Admin Club Member Junta Member

That was Social Construction of Sexuality tante :lol:

10. TDbuff

TDbuff Club Member Club Member

:lol:, Thank you for pointing that out, I was like it's been a while, maybe they've changed the class or something.

11. buffgal

buffgal Club Member Club Member

Her name is Lauren Lubin. :nod:

If you read the article, she was a walk-on. A friend and I talked about this at length yesterday. She was in a sorority, which most of our basketball players are not. Her sorority sisters used to come cheer for her. She didn't see a lot of playing time.

In the 2004-05 season, she played 132 minutes. A player quit during the season & Coach Barry let her walk on.
    In 2005-06, she played for KMM, a total of 610 minutes and averaged 3.7 pts per game.
    In 2006-07, she played 5 games for KMM and left the team. She had played 11 minutes that season.

I don't know what her feelings might have been, but I have gay and lesbian friends and they all describe growing up knowing certain things about themselves and trying to conform.

I wish Lauren happiness.

12. Goose

Goose Hoops Moderator Club Member Junta Member

I can't imagine going through what Lauren has, and is going to. I too wish her happiness.

13. buffgal

Goose, that is what I wish for her. Many of the comments on the Camera website are cruel. I'm hoping she doesn't look there to see them.

14. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

It looks like the Camera has fixed the error with her name since this posted.

15. buffgal

Camera had it wrong? I read about this in more places than just the Camera and it always said Lauren Lubin. Of course, I also saw her play.