What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Bizarre story in the Daily Camera (WBB)

jcatcher

Club Member
Club Member
http://www.dailycamera.com/ci_20992...er-identifies-third-gender?source=most_viewed

Former basketball player Linda Lubin is making a movie that " follows Lubin as she undergoes surgery to remove her breasts and transform her currently female body to become gender neutral. She said this will mirror how

she feels inside. "

I'm an open minded guy and have been exposed to a lot in my life, but this is the first time I have ever heard of this.

I don't find anything wrong with it - I take her at her word that this is best for her - and body modification is practically a sport these days.

The film is intended to share stories of those who find it unnatural to call themselves male or female, provide support and comfort to the transgender community and give the public a small "window into the lives of the third gender," Lubin said.

Well, Trinidad, Colorado has a world class facility for that type of surgery, which is strange for a town that also has a large population of cowboys and a good gunsmithing school.

That doctor left a couple of years ago after getting into a dispute with the hospital. It really hurt the community.

All the best to Linda.

I can't imagine how difficult life must have been for her having to deal with the mind, hormones and parts not lining up in the usual way and having to try to fit into a society that isn't always understanding and accepting.

I hope she's found her groove and is doing well. Hopefully this film will help her and others.

Well, Trinidad, Colorado has a world class facility for that type of surgery, which is strange for a town that also has a large population of cowboys and a good gunsmithing school.

sadly Trinidad no longer has the facility, they are now done in San Francisco, which makes sense since they have a large airport there.

I leave Colorado for a few years and everything changes on me. Didn't know that. Hope the gunsmithing school is still there.

Anybody here take Sex/Gender in Society at CU? I forget what core credit people needed it for, but it was a fairly popular class. Anyways, this story is no big deal compared to some of the stuff you go over in that class.

Anybody here take Sex/Gender in Society at CU? I forget what core credit people needed it for, but it was a fairly popular class. Anyways, this story is no big deal compared to some of the stuff you go over in that class.

Yeah the class sucked. Got duped into taking it. If I wanted to watch a guy get ****ed with a strap on I would have went to Nebraska

All the best to Linda.

I can't imagine how difficult life must have been for her having to deal with the mind, hormones and parts not lining up in the usual way and having to try to fit into a society that isn't always understanding and accepting.

I hope she's found her groove and is doing well. Hopefully this film will help her and others.

Her name is Lauren Lubin. :nod:

If you read the article, she was a walk-on. A friend and I talked about this at length yesterday. She was in a sorority, which most of our basketball players are not. Her sorority sisters used to come cheer for her. She didn't see a lot of playing time.

In the 2004-05 season, she played 132 minutes. A player quit during the season & Coach Barry let her walk on.
In 2005-06, she played for KMM, a total of 610 minutes and averaged 3.7 pts per game.
In 2006-07, she played 5 games for KMM and left the team. She had played 11 minutes that season.

I don't know what her feelings might have been, but I have gay and lesbian friends and they all describe growing up knowing certain things about themselves and trying to conform.

I wish Lauren happiness.

I can't imagine going through what Lauren has, and is going to. I too wish her happiness.

Goose, that is what I wish for her. Many of the comments on the Camera website are cruel. I'm hoping she doesn't look there to see them.

Her name is Lauren Lubin. :nod:

If you read the article, she was a walk-on. A friend and I talked about this at length yesterday. She was in a sorority, which most of our basketball players are not. Her sorority sisters used to come cheer for her. She didn't see a lot of playing time.

In the 2004-05 season, she played 132 minutes. A player quit during the season & Coach Barry let her walk on.
In 2005-06, she played for KMM, a total of 610 minutes and averaged 3.7 pts per game.
In 2006-07, she played 5 games for KMM and left the team. She had played 11 minutes that season.

I don't know what her feelings might have been, but I have gay and lesbian friends and they all describe growing up knowing certain things about themselves and trying to conform.

I wish Lauren happiness.

It looks like the Camera has fixed the error with her name since this posted.

Camera had it wrong? I read about this in more places than just the Camera and it always said Lauren Lubin. Of course, I also saw her play.

Back