What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Bizzaro World

i think the fuskers will have a good defense next year. lil' bo peep is good w/ defenses. despite what any kool-aid drinking cornholer might suggest, you cannot replace suh. that is as dominant as a college player gets... sure, they can do some things to mitigate the loss of a guy like that, but this idea that they won't miss a step is just plain dumb.

imho, the fuskers aren't recruiting particularly well so i wonder about their ability to take the next step up. i think they are well positioned to contend for the north.

CU, should, theoretically, be able to contend for the north too. snyder has kjuco state playing ok, but they are hurting in terms of athletes. i think ku will miss the fat man, no matter who they hire. mizzery probably has the best athletes in the north, but stinkel really can't coach a lick. and, of course, isu is dog crap.

presuming our staff pulls up its big boy football pants and heeds the lessons that it has been so painfully taught these last 4 years, i think the Buffs could be in the mix.

still, the talent gap between the north and south is significant. texas loses some great players, but they always have guys with physical skills (if not experience) moving through the pipeline. ou had a rough year due to injuries and such but they have athletes and coaching and they won't be as young next year. okie state looks pretty good. ttech can be dangerous. baylor and atm are somewhat improved but are probably the teams most on par with the athleticism across the board in the north.

right now, i would say mizzery and the fuskers are the overall best programs in the north in terms of coaching, athleticism, experience, support, etc. but, CU could rally with a good year.

Knock it off. This is how it all starts; nudging me along in the direction of optimism.

While CU has the athletes the produce a very good team next year, I refuse to buy into hype. I won't be a pessimist, and take shots at the staff at every turn, either. I'll be neutral. Hopeful, but not optimistic.

No hype or kool-aid for me. I'll simply watch every game I can, root for the team enthusiastically and relish each and every win that our Buffs earn.

This is a "no-hype zone" as far as I'm concerned.

Knock it off. This is how it all starts; nudging me along in the direction of optimism.

While CU has the athletes the produce a very good team next year, I refuse to buy into hype. I won't be a pessimist, and take shots at the staff at every turn, either. I'll be neutral. Hopeful, but not optimistic.

No hype or kool-aid for me. I'll simply watch every game I can, root for the team enthusiastically and relish each and every win that our Buffs earn.

2_Hype.jpg

by august camp, half of us will be convinced a 10 win season is on the way.

it is the nature of the fan.

who knows? maybe this time, it will work out.

Yeah? We are returning a lot of talent...

:finger2:

Not this fan. I'm in the same boat as Walrus. You won't see any predictions regarding wins out of me. I won't be fooled by coach speak and happy feelings again.

Not this fan. I'm in the same boat as Walrus. You won't see any predictions regarding wins out of me. I won't be fooled by coach speak and happy feelings again.

yeah, me either. but, i can't help but hope for the best.

hope for the best, plan for the worst! :smile2:

Say what? Crick is a good defender but Suh is a Reggie White, Bruce Smith type, once every 25 years player.

You are either not giving Suh his due or drastically over estimating how good Crick is.

Losing Suh is going to be a blow to the fusker D. Pretty much guarantee you will not see the red in the top 5 in scoring D, let alone top 15 next season.

I think maybe you are under estimating the Teacher. Suh has been there 4 years and just now is dominant? Where were these comments the last few years?

Maybe the Teacher should get the bulk of the credit...Plug-N-Play.

My money would be on Pelini as opposed to your guarantee.

I think maybe you are under estimating the Teacher. Suh has been there 4 years and just now is dominant? Where were these comments the last few years?

Maybe the Teacher should get the bulk of the credit...Plug-N-Play.

My money would be on Pelini as opposed to your guarantee.

you are so freaking blinded by your homerism that you can't see the athlete that suh is? you think you can coach that?

you are ****ed in the head.

if you think there are a bunch of suhs just waiting in the wings in fuskerville, you are not worthy of wasting any time talking football with because you just aren't very smart.

you are so freaking blinded by your homerism that you can't see the athlete that suh is? you think you can coach that?

you are ****ed in the head.

if you think there are a bunch of suhs just waiting in the wings in fuskerville, you are not worthy of wasting any time talking football with because you just aren't very smart.

there are arguments both ways here:

Suh was a highly ranked 4star recruit and showed flashes as far back as his Sophomore year, hell LAST year he was a beast.

that said

Suh? Dorsey? Coincidence?

Has lil bo peep ever NOT coached a Top15 defense in college?

To be fair this is the first time he wasn't handed the keys to a Cadillac, and even accounting for how bad they had been Cally had recruited well while at NU.

lil' bo peep is a very good defensive coach. suh is a special athlete. you combine the two and you get a good result. peep will do well with the replacement guys because he is a good coach. that doesn't mean the replacement guys are plug and play and there will not be a talent difference compared to suh.

suhs don't grow on trees except in the deluded minds of low functioning fusker fans.

lil' bo peep is a very good defensive coach. suh is a special athlete. you combine the two and you get a good result. peep will do well with the replacement guys because he is a good coach. that doesn't mean the replacement guys are plug and play and there will not be a talent difference compared to suh.

suhs don't grow on trees except in the deluded minds of low functioning fusker fans.

Nobody seems to want to address the issue of "where was this guy before Pelini got here". Suh himself has said bascially the same. He said the biggest difference is the Pelinis teach all defensive players the same way. ALL are taught to recognize formation tendencies, etc...so all positions see the same thing and react the same way. His ability to recognize what was coming ENABLED him to use his ability.

Size and talent take you so far. Coaching gets you over the hump. Suh's performance in 07 was abysmal.

Nobody seems to want to address the issue of "where was this guy before Pelini got here". Suh himself has said bascially the same. He said the biggest difference is the Pelinis teach all defensive players the same way. ALL are taught to recognize formation tendencies, etc...so all positions see the same thing and react the same way. His ability to recognize what was coming ENABLED him to use his ability.

Size and talent take you so far. Coaching gets you over the hump. Suh's performance in 07 was abysmal.

I think Liver acknowledged it. Suh is a super-talent whose potential wasn't unlocked until he was paired with a great defensive coach.

But for whatever reason Suh was underachieving before Bo's arrival. Fine. He's still a freakish talent, with an unbelievable natural gift. Bo might bring out the best in nearly all of his defensive players (as he did Suh), but Suh's ceiling is much higher than the players Bo will routinely coach.

Bo didn't create Suh. He simply found a way to unlock his unusual potential.

I think Liver acknowledged it. Suh is a super-talent whose potential wasn't unlocked until he was paired with a great defensive coach.

But for whatever reason Suh was underachieving before Bo's arrival. Fine. He's still a freakish talent, with an unbelievable natural gift. Bo might bring out the best in nearly all of his defensive players (as he did Suh), but Suh's ceiling is much higher than the players Bo will routinely coach.

Bo didn't create Suh. He simply found a way to unlock his unusual potential.

Great post! But time will tell if "Suh's ceiling is much higher than the players Bo will routinely coach."

If I were a betting man, I would say Bo will routinely coach players up to an exceptionally high level.

To be fair this is the first time he wasn't handed the keys to a Cadillac, and even accounting for how bad they had been Cally had recruited well while at NU.

He coached the 2003 neb defense.

In 2002, they were a bad defense. Ranked #55.

In 2003 under lil bo peep, they were a Top10 defense.

Pelini is a good coach. The offense will get better and no doubt that watson will either be gone if he doesn't produce against Arizona or we will be moving to a more spread based offesnse (Pelini has stated numerous times he is moving us to a more spread like offense next year).

Also.....Watson was kept for offensive continuity by Osborne because our real problem was our D. Now that we have that going in the right direction....Our offense can only improve.

He coached the 2003 neb defense.

In 2002, they were a bad defense. Ranked #55.

In 2003 under lil bo peep, they were a Top10 defense.

Ok that is a solid example, what were they in 04? and who/how many graduated each year.

Ok that is a solid example, what were they in 04? and who/how many graduated each year.

(I have no idea who they lost or returned)

Total D rankings

#55 the year before him
#11 his first year
#56 the year after him

If you go by scoring defense rankings:
#45 the year before him
#2 his first year
#71 the year after him

He's an asshole, but he's also one of the best defensive minds in college football.

Pelini is a good coach. The offense will get better and no doubt that watson will either be gone if he doesn't produce against Arizona or we will be moving to a more spread based offesnse (Pelini has stated numerous times he is moving us to a more spread like offense next year).

Also.....Watson was kept for offensive continuity by Osborne because our real problem was our D. Now that we have that going in the right direction....Our offense can only improve.
How long before Bo does something really stupid and brings shame to 'braska?

(I have no idea who they lost or returned)

Total D rankings

#55 the year before him
#11 his first year
#56 the year after him

If you go by scoring defense rankings:
#45 the year before him
#2 his first year
#71 the year after him

He's an asshole, but he's also one of the best defensive minds in college football.

that is pretty solid, from 03-04 really gives you a comparison between a good coach, and a freaking monkey.

Back