1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Blackout" and other ramblings

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Matt, Sep 16, 2007.

1. Matt

Matt Nerd Drone Pilot Club Member

It looked pretty cool on the HD. Was a little surprised word spread fast enough to have that much black in the stadium.

Was awesome after the second missed FG (I think the second) they showed CU fan and right at the end she flipped the bird. At least it wasn't a pissed filled balloon.

I like the new traditions Hawkins is getting going and how ESPN talked about them. Maybe these small things are what the program needs to build some more local interest. Things like that make me happy we have Hawkins and Bohn working on getting us back on track.

2. ladyblaise

ladyblaise Club Member Club Member

:yeahthat:

the flipped bird was classic. many, many things to be proud of last night.

3. IDBUFF

IDBUFF Active Member

I missed "the finger" might make a good avatar. Did not see anything thrown on the field - will check with my son (if he ever calls home or answers his cell or email) re the behaviour in the student section. Seemed good in the face of a tedious game for CU. I would bet some semenole fans are a bit out of sorts too.

4. Highflyer

Highflyer Moderator Club Member Junta Member

We sat right above the student section in the SE corner. They were pretty well behaved considered there were way more students than seats. The student section was full, and it was still packed in the walkway between the upper and Lower sections. We did witness a girl fight. Not sure what started it but some girl got spiked with a tray full of nachos and then it was bitch slap central. It must have gone on for a good 2-3 minutes. No clue where the cops were. Then after it settled down, one of the nacho faced girls friends was jumping up on the back wall of the student section playing whack-a-mole with the nacho throwers heads. It was mildly entertaining.

I wanted to see how the black out looked on TV or even in photos. I seemed like it went over pretty well. That was about as much fun as I've ever had tailgating. Great food, great people. Well done everyone!!

5. RuffBuff

RuffBuff Club Member Club Member

6. Highflyer

Highflyer Moderator Club Member Junta Member

YMSSR Ruff. Thanks for the picks

7. Buffarino

Buffarino Math - how does it work? Club Member

Looks like you shot those down in front of us. Sec 108?

The student section looked awesome. 99% black with 1% assorted morons who didn't get the memo (or, more likely, just wanted to be different).

8. RuffBuff

YES....section 108 row 23!

9. Buffarino

We're right on the aisle between 107 and 108, somewhere around row 35-40. i don't remember exactly. I just look for the people who sit next to us...:smile2:

10. JJBuff

JJBuff Club Member Club Member

It looked great on TV and those pictures are sweet!

I wonder if there will be the same cooperation this week or are we back to normal with 30% yellow, 30% black, 30% white, 10% green, blue, gray, etc.?

11. ladyblaise

the normal thing is to push for a goldrush. if you see anyone showing up otherwise, hit em with a natty lite.

12. Buffarino

The only problem with a goldrush - there are no gold CU jerseys...

13. L Buff

L Buff Law talkin' guy Club Member

I'm sorry ... but I ain't wearing black from 11:30 - 3:00 on a warm sunny day. :sad2: Save that **** for the night games.

14. RuffBuff

i totally agree! gold/yellow for day games and black for night games.

15. JJBuff

JJBuff Club Member Club Member

It would be awesome if we could get the same amount of people to wear gold (yellow) as wore black on Saturday, but I have never seen that happen outside the student section. Maybe the blackout will change things?

16. Buffarino

Why not, are you going to melt? I wore black all day Saturday and did not suffer any ill effects from the weather. Aside from maybe the first week or two of September, it's not exactly hot here in the fall...

17. Buffarino

Ahem:

EDIT: And I don't wanna hear a peep about those Vegas Gold abortions they called jerseys...

Last edited: Sep 17, 2007
  18. Jens1893

Jens1893 Moderator Club Member Junta Member

a uniform look always looks great when a couple of thousand participate

19. 92Buff

92Buff Well-Known Member

I'm willing to suffer through a hot day wearing black. I would like to be able to wear the jerseys during the games.

Also, I know a lot of the ladies don't like to wear the gold because it just doesn't "work for them". Just a plain fact of the alumni ladies who think they have to look decent at the games. I think it is stupid - hell, this is Division 1 Football...but just a fact that a lot of women consider that kind of crap.

20. SuperiorBuff

SuperiorBuff Well-Known Member

I will be in black all season long.

21. ladyblaise

i am sure we can sling a few natty lites at THEM, too. :thumbsup:

22. Skidmark

Skidmark Flagship of the 12-Pac Club Member

Once you go black, you'll never go back. Right Superior?

The student section can be called "the Black Hole."

Those black CU helmets with the silver logos look great.

The silver reflective stripe on the pants were very stylish. Why not try silver pants, too?

OMG! We're turning into Oakland Raiders fans!!!
    :huh:

23. SuperiorBuff

SuperiorBuff Well-Known Member

Sorry but I've always worn black to the CU games, it is the home color.

Perhaps we should ask the team to wear bright yellow instead of black?

24. Skidmark

I agree with you 100%.
    CU players are men in black.

They are not men in goldenrod, canary, yellow-orange, or any of those crappy pseudo-gold colors that show up in the stands.

A hint on the color gold: if it ain't metalic, it ain't one of CU's school colors.

25. ladyblaise

be that as it may, the current trend is goldrush. it is what has been exhaustively asked in support. even if i hate the color, i will throw down some green to keep the student athletes as excited about our fans as i am about our team.

26. RuffBuff

i understand....but BECAUSE the colors are metallic they DON'T translate to clothing.....unless you're wearing an ice skating blouse. if you're wearing 'gold' clothes, it's beige. i know nike has a lot of clothing with that color they call 'gold'.....but that is piss beige, khaki or 'vegas gold'.....

ugh...this argument will never end

27. ladyblaise

if the color metallic gold is THAT important to anyone who is holding out and wearing black to a goldrush, i hereby offer a modest solution to the issue:

i will tag your ass with a can of metallic gold spray paint. that's right, you can look like one of the candelabra holders in phantom of the opera.

or you can just go get a gold sweatshirt from the bookstore.

your choice. :smile2:

28. RuffBuff

hey i'm with you....i wear the yellow/gold on most game days and black when a blackout is called for.

i just wish everyone would get on the same page. this 'salt and pepper' look from the crowd sucks sh*t out of a dead dog's ass.

29. Skidmark

Hey ***** Galore, you've just been Ladyblaised...

Now, *****, you know a lot more about planes than guns. That's a Smith and Wesson 45, and if you fire at me at this close range, the bullet will pass through me and the fuselage like a blowtorch through butter. The cabin will depressurize, and we'll both be sucked into outer space together. If that's how you want to enter the United States, you're welcome. As for me, I prefer the easy way.

30. 92Buff

92Buff Well-Known Member

Maybe the school should catch on. They have exhaustively tried to get the fans to wear gold and it works for the students because they give out t-shirts at the beginning of the season. But in one single week they had more success with black than they have in multiple years of the Be Bold Wear Gold campaign.

In marketing speak this translates to GET A CLUE! Gold just aint working outside of the student section. Sometimes it is better to just go with what works.

Also note that gold does not work when it gets cold out since nobody buys gold coats. If you look at the Texas Tech pcitures post game last year with BJax being held up you notice a lot of black. Just an observation. Frankly, I thought the black and gold mix kind of looked cool.