What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

"Blackout" and other ramblings

Maybe the school should catch on. They have exhaustively tried to get the fans to wear gold and it works for the students because they give out t-shirts at the beginning of the season. But in one single week they had more success with black than they have in multiple years of the Be Bold Wear Gold campaign.

In marketing speak this translates to GET A CLUE! Gold just aint working outside of the student section. Sometimes it is better to just go with what works.

Also note that gold does not work when it gets cold out since nobody buys gold coats. If you look at the Texas Tech pcitures post game last year with BJax being held up you notice a lot of black. Just an observation. Frankly, I thought the black and gold mix kind of looked cool.

the peppered look sucks more than a lukewarm serving of caned mashed moose assholes. i can be down with black. that is what i used to wear. right now, they want gold. i wear it. its that simple.

if you are diametrically opposed to gold, state your case to the world. start a grassroots movement. anything.

so long as we can stand as one, i could care less if we are yellow gold, black, or spraypainted with pasties on our goodies.

the peppered look sucks more than a lukewarm serving of caned mashed moose assholes. i can be down with black. that is what i used to wear. right now, they want gold. i wear it. its that simple.

if you are diametrically opposed to gold, state your case to the world. start a grassroots movement. anything.

so long as we can stand as one, i could care less if we are yellow gold, black, or spraypainted with pasties on our goodies.

I really don't give a **** either way. I have much more important things in life to be concerned about so there will be no grass roots movement here. Just expect that those who are taking it upon themselves as part of their job at the university would realize what works and what doesn't - and by the results of last week I think they have some pretty good data to consider.

EXACTLY.....it doesn't matter what color...as long as everyone gets on the same page.

first and foremost, it's most important that people GO and we fill the stadium....secondly, that people get on the same page with attire.

but you can't tell me that when everyone gets on the same page, it's NOT an awesome sight.....

WhiteOut2.jpg

WhiteOut1.jpg

Boise State did a neat thing last year that may satisfy all. The odd columns wore blue; the even orange. That still dictates what color you wear but if could at least trade seats if you have a burr under your saddle about what color is best. The striped stands did look cool as well.

Why not, are you going to melt? I wore black all day Saturday and did not suffer any ill effects from the weather. Aside from maybe the first week or two of September, it's not exactly hot here in the fall...

Well, bully for you. Will you be standing in the sun for three and and a half hours before the game, with no opportunity to get in the shade, like I will?(pre-game parking volunteer). And no opportunity to sip a cold one to refresh myself.

If you want to act all macho and all that, here's to you, Mr. Macho Accountant Man
fyoucchorn.gif
. But I prefer not to wear black when it's going the be a clear day in the 80's and I'm going to be standing/sitting in the sun for 7 or 8 straight hours.

I don't really care whether everyone wears the same color, just so long as they show up and are loud. But, I do have to admit the blackout looked pretty cool... not a bad pic either considering it's from my phone.

This, by the way, is the view from the allbuffs.com season ticket seats.

Not to bad, eh?

I don't really care whether everyone wears the same color, just so long as they show up and are loud. But, I do have to admit the blackout looked pretty cool... not a bad pic either considering it's from my phone.

I'm in that pic!!!! On the far left hand side of the 2nd level right below the club level (~300 yards away) :smile:.

Looks like Sec 104 to me, although it might be 105.

They did the whole sideline switch during Slick's reign. I have no idea why they did it or why they subsequently switched back other than the fact that CU's locker room is on the east side of the field and the visitors are on the west side.

I really have a problem with whoever owns the seats directly behind the visitor's bench always selling them to visiting fans.

Just a guess, but it could be the teams tickets for family/friends. It looked like just the first 3 rows of the sections right behind the visitors had FSU colors on

On visitors in in lower section of 104 and 105.

I have sat in 103 for the past 6 years. As season ticket sales have waxed and waned, those seats have often remained unsold (104 is a $200 per seat donation, 105 is $300 ). In non-sold out games they are often initially empty and filled by poachers as the game goes on.

I sure for popular games that visiting fans ask to where to sit and the ticketing people put them there: far away from the students, close to the regular visiting seats.

How about those in the Buff Club that sell them to visiting fans! That burns my britches! :bang:

I agree, I don't have a problem with someone bringing a friend to the game that is a fan of the opposing team, I have done it. However, scalping prime seats to visitors is bull****. I think the ticket office should track repeat offenders and force them to move their seats.

How about those in the Buff Club that sell them to visiting fans! That burns my britches! :bang:

:yeahthat:

I remember the night game v. OU a few years ago, I looked up and it was actually about 50/50 OU v. CU fans in the club seats.

:gun: Visiting team fans in our club seats or suites

blackout was just that, black, sorry but from the tv's perspective yellow is way more bitchin, mile high looked like we had a swarm of yellow

Back