What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

blackout or gold rush?

Bohn does need to dial this in. This kind of thing is right up his ally, I am kind of surprised he doesn't have this plastered all over the CU www sites and have sports radio talking about his.

I just emailed him as well to work on spreading the word on the t-shirts though the media and the www. I will let you know if I hear anything back.

Just emailed Kyle Ringo at the camera to see if he could help get the word out about the blackout. Hopefully his on again/off again mailbag comes out soon with the info.

Doesn't somebody there at CU have the capability of sending out a mass email to every student of CU/Boulder? I would think they could easily email all the students and then notify their season ticket holders and advise them of the "blackout" plans.

And where are the black helmets when we need them?

Just emailed Kyle Ringo at the camera to see if he could help get the word out about the blackout. Hopefully his on again/off again mailbag comes out soon with the info.

He mentioned it at the start of today's column.

Doesn't somebody there at CU have the capability of sending out a mass email to every student of CU/Boulder? I would think they could easily email all the students and then notify their season ticket holders and advise them of the "blackout" plans.

:yeahthat: I love those helmets!!

I'd be ok with that.

Although, I think if the majority of the stadium goes black with pockets of gold, that's going to look sweet. As long as it's one of the two.

:yeahthat: I love those helmets!!

Me too, those were awesome! I actually have one of those CU black mini-helmets with the silver logo.

I only recall CU wearing those once, which was that night game were they wore those dull-gold colored jerseys. Can't recall who it was against, I want to say Baylor or OSU.

Baylor in 1998

Has anyone heard from Bohn? I guess it'd be good if the students and the AD were in lock step on this.

Last edited:
Me too, those were awesome! I actually have one of those CU black mini-helmets with the silver logo.

I only recall CU wearing those once, which was that night game were they wore those dull-gold colored jerseys. Can't recall who it was against, I want to say Baylor or OSU.

baylor...homecoming 1998

Ha!

the guy who posted this up on myspace lists himself as being from fort collins, I guess there goes my theory about no smart people living there.

the full Blackout would be so freegin awesome, too bad the rocky mountain news and denver post can't come off the pedestal and start helping out the buffs for once. Come on Woody!
And come on Ringo, one line on one article?
If there isn't a front page reference to the blackout before the game, then its obvious this state has nothing but rammies working the news.

While the blackout is going to be saweet, this was the game I was going to bust out the chicken suit. ESPN definetly would have gotten me on some national TV.

I think if you go as nuts as the chicken suit you get a blackout exemption, but thats just me.

i should call the fan for both the scott/al AND the irv/joe show....

Do it up ! Lsst year Louisville did the blackout thing against WVU and it looked awesome on TV, and that was a night game as well. It will definitely look real good in front of a national audience.

Do it up ! Lsst year Louisville did the blackout thing against WVU and it looked awesome on TV, and that was a night game as well. It will definitely look real good in front of a national audience.

blackout.jpg

now if the team started doing the haka and started playing like the true all blacks ....

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eGCsEQ15L4"]YouTube - The Haka - New Zealand Vs Tonga[/ame]

you see this Jens:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nmy6OaZEAhE"]YouTube - New Zealand vs Scotland in rugby[/ame]

Back