What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Blame the staff for this one

He gets credit for having a good season but did he rebuild the program. They played in one of the weakest conferences and they got a very good JUCO QB which resulted in a very good season. As a side note, the guy who recruited Fales to SJSU (John DeFilippo) left the staff and went to the Raiders.

If you do not want to give him credit, just say so.

But the results at SJSU speak for themselves. If you want to believe MacIntyre got lucky, so be it, but it comes off as disingenuous.

Gotta agree with azbuff on last night. WTF was up with MM wearing full blizzard gear? I don't think that sends a very good message to the guys- it just tells them it is cold and you are ready to get out of Pullman asap!

Gotta agree with azbuff on last night. WTF was up with MM wearing full blizzard gear? I don't think that sends a very good message to the guys- it just tells them it is cold and you are ready to get out of Pullman asap!
Insert Kiffin pic from El Paso

Why the need to blame? This game played out like it was set up to play out. Teams that have nothing left to play for usually shut down. The idea that CU still had a shot at a bowl game was very thin soup; not enough to motivate the coaches or players. Most of the players were playing in Olegbode mode, half assing it.

It looks like MacIntyre is up **** creek at QB next year if Liufau can't come back and Montez isn't a miracle hidden gem. I don't remember a HC clearly show his disdain for his QB in public like MacIntyre has for Apsay.

Of all the things to get upset about, Mac's wardrobe is way down the list for me. In fact it's the only part of the game he showed up prepared for.

That is really bad sarcasm font. Or at least I hope so.

Forgive my ignorance. What has Mac said about Apsay?
Please share. I have not heard MMac say anything discouraging about Apsay.
It sounded like Apsay tossed the receivers not named Spruce under the bus though. Disappointed he did not keep those comments in the locker room. I don't disagree with his thoughts, the drops were costly; but that should be handled amongst the players.

Why the need to blame? This game played out like it was set up to play out. Teams that have nothing left to play for usually shut down. The idea that CU still had a shot at a bowl game was very thin soup; not enough to motivate the coaches or players. Most of the players were playing in Olegbode mode, half assing it.

It looks like MacIntyre is up **** creek at QB next year if Liufau can't come back and Montez isn't a miracle hidden gem. I don't remember a HC clearly show his disdain for his QB in public like MacIntyre has for Apsay.

speak up or stop the wanton rumor-mongering. the half-assed innuendo about our new starting qb's relationship with the coach is not helping.

LMFAO!!

Can the mods change the thread title to "blame the staff attire for this one"

Last edited:
No one is blaming the staff attire for the way we played, which is exactly what I expected. Not a good look for MM, though. Lucky no one knocked him over during the game.

If you do not want to give him credit, just say so.

But the results at SJSU speak for themselves. If you want to believe MacIntyre got lucky, so be it, but it comes off as disingenuous.
I guess I have no idea what you mean (or want) when you say credit. That season has no bearing on what he is doing right now. There are plenty of one hit wonders in the world - Gene Chizik won a national championship and two years later was fired.

MacIntyre is the head coach at CU and what counts in my mind is how he is doing that job.

You just made his point for him. There players weren't set up to succeed, which a big part is game prep.
I agree. But the coaches don't cover guys, the coaches don't miss catches or blocks. There were also some very basic football plays that the players need to make and they didn't. I guess that could still be coaching but at some point basic football instincts should kick in...

I agree. But the coaches don't cover guys, the coaches don't miss catches or blocks. There were also some very basic football plays that the players need to make and they didn't. I guess that could still be coaching but at some point basic football instincts should kick in...
The coaches recruit these guys. And let's face it, we recruit a lot of players that for one reason or another don't have other P5 offers. While we hope guys would have a chip on their shoulder and play motivated, I see a lot of guys that look like they are happy to just have a uniform. I don't see the team having any more success than we have already seen without dramatically improving recruiting.

The coaches recruit these guys. And let's face it, we recruit a lot of players that for one reason or another don't have other P5 offers. While we hope guys would have a chip on their shoulder and play motivated, I see a lot of guys that look like they are happy to just have a uniform. I don't see the team having any more success than we have already seen without dramatically improving recruiting.
Agree

Holding WSU under 30 on the road is pretty impressive. The O on the other hand...

agree!....coming into season i thought the o would be very good and the d would be very bad.....the d while still not great is much improved year over year.... id say due to coaching...the o on the other hand has been subpar...id say due to coaching

I would not put ALL of it on the staff. We have some players (mostly veterans) taking plays off and just flat dogging it. The lack of running plays was confusing in this game, but once again what back has really grabbed the reins? Next season we have to have a RB come out and put himself in a position where the coaches can not take him off the field. #2 Our players have to learn - You can not take a play (not one) off at this level, not one. If you do? that's the play where you get beat...those 3rd and long, or in this game 4th and long, you can not give those up...keep your guy in front of you.

Last edited:
So. if we are in agreement MM is back next season then we have to see - at least 6 wins PERIOD. MM is going to have to adjust his staff to achieve this IMO.
We need to find a kicker to get the ball into the endzone on kickoffs. Need to see a more dynamic punt/kickoff returner, those are game changing moments.
MM getting another year after winning how many conference games? The proof SHOULD be in the pudding next season. Win or hit the road. I want to see some players really take advantage of the opportunity in front of them. You have the opportunity to play/beat some of the best programs in the country..That is what BillMac sold kids, this Mac needs to do the same.

Obviously there wasn't a ton of passion in the game but did people really expect much different. I know we like to put down Wazzou because they were a bottom dweller a couple years ago but they are one touchdown and a missed field goal away from being the only undefeated team in the Pac-12 play. They whooped ASU, and won at UCLA and Oregon. Their offensive line is probably the second best in the conference and we couldn't get any pressure the entire night. Offensively, it comes down to our line again and they have not lived up to the expectations. Everyone wants us to run the ball but those guys couldn't get a push at all.

There is definitely blame to go around for the offensive game plan. It was awful. You put the full weight of the game on the shoulders of a QB making his first start. We were playing one of the worst run defenses in the Pac-12 but decided that Apsay needed to throw it all over the yard.

Special teams is STILL completely mismanaged. Neinas is an idiot. If DG is the best option we have to kick FG's out of 3 scholarship kickers, it apparent that he is not getting the job done.

HCMM looked irritated the entire game. Looked like he cared about as much about the outcome as a lot of the team did. It was weird watching Chido or TT blow some one up then just kinda walk back to position. There was no celebrating the hits or big defensive plays like I have been used to seeing from them this year.

There is definitely blame to go around for the offensive game plan. It was awful. You put the full weight of the game on the shoulders of a QB making his first start. We were playing one of the worst run defenses in the Pac-12 but decided that Apsay needed to throw it all over the yard.

Special teams is STILL completely mismanaged. Neinas is an idiot. If DG is the best option we have to kick FG's out of 3 scholarship kickers, it apparent that he is not getting the job done.

HCMM looked irritated the entire game. Looked like he cared about as much about the outcome as a lot of the team did. It was weird watching Chido or TT blow some one up then just kinda walk back to position. There was no celebrating the hits or big defensive plays like I have been used to seeing from them this year.
yep - we watched the same game. Like he could careless about being there.

Obviously there wasn't a ton of passion in the game but did people really expect much different. I know we like to put down Wazzou because they were a bottom dweller a couple years ago but they are one touchdown and a missed field goal away from being the only undefeated team in the Pac-12 play. They whooped ASU, and won at UCLA and Oregon. Their offensive line is probably the second best in the conference and we couldn't get any pressure the entire night. Offensively, it comes down to our line again and they have not lived up to the expectations. Everyone wants us to run the ball but those guys couldn't get a push at all.
Well, we did at least once.

yep - we watched the same game. Like he could careless about being there.

Classic amateur mistake. You are projecting. You have no idea what he is thinking. Successful coaches come in all stripes: excitable, reserved, and everything in between. Same goes for unsuccessful coaches: excitable, reserved and everything in between.

I am hoping someone can help me out here: aside from Irwin coming back, what exactly do we have to look forward to on the OL next year? That guys are just magically going to get much better because they are a year older?

I am hoping someone can help me out here: aside from Irwin coming back, what exactly do we have to look forward to on the OL next year? That guys are just magically going to get much better because they are a year older?
Even assuming Irwin comes back, we will be downgrading at one of the tackle spots due to losing Nembot. Our guards have been off and on terrible, and they return. Only reason to assume any hope on the OL is guys getting older or guys redshirting this year that are talented enough to beat our the guys that played all this year.

But you already knew all that. Sigh.

Back