1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blog Source- Big 10 & SEC To Expand To 16... Big 12 May Follow

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by InTheBuff, Jan 20, 2013.

1. InTheBuff

InTheBuff Club Member Club Member

2. CarolinaBuff

CarolinaBuff Weekend Poster Club Member

I have to wonder how credible this is but I'd love to see the arrogant tobacco road ACC group broken up.

Scott needs to get off his ass and go after the Texas/Oklahoma schools.

3. MtnBuff

MtnBuff Not allowed in Barzil 2 Club Member

Don't want the Texas schools. We already have dealt with the remnants of the SWC and I'd be just as happy if we never had to again.

The PAC 12 is fine as it is but if forced to expand I could deal with the Oklahoma schools for 2 of them. The others are a bit harder, maybe selection from Kansas (but not KjSU which would never fly in the PAC,) New Mexico, the Nevada schools, or ?

Bottom line, NO horns and their buddies.

4. CarolinaBuff

Adding New Mexico or the Nevada schools would be the equivalent of the Big 10 adding Akron or Central Michigan. In other words, no.

5. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

the P12 has its own network, the rose bowl (read: guaranteed entry into the post season tourney) and the entire western third of the country outside of texas and oklahoma. No need to expand for now. Play the long game. Look for weakness, and take what you need to down the road.

6. CarolinaBuff

More like the western quarter of the country where they insist on playing late-night games when half the country is in bed and a network that they haven't gotten on DTV yet.

7. Darth Snow

also, the P12 doesn't give a **** about carolina.

Uncle Ken likes this.
  8. CarolinaBuff

Ignore a time zone where a third of the nation's population resides. Good strategy.

9. Darth Snow

mostly because they don't have a sense of humor.

10. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

I don't care what other conferences do. There is no need for the PAC 12 to expand.

11. CVilleBuff

CVilleBuff Club Member Club Member

A WVU blogger. Just not sure I understand why a WVU blogger would have knowledge of the inner workings of the ACC schools. To me, it would be a little different if this was trickling out of Charlottesville or another ACC locale. As of now, there is zero smoke about UVA from actual UVA affiliated people. In fact, Maryland leaving for the B1G has widely been viewed as rather odd and desperate by UVA, and I'm not just talking about the average fan. Would hardly be the first time we've seen hypocrisy in this whole realignment episode, but I'm just telling you the current climate.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2013
  12. SuperiorBuff

SuperiorBuff Well-Known Member

:stupid:
    :stupid: Especially not into Texass.

13. Uncle Ken

Uncle Ken Orr no morr Club Member

Gilligan's Island was getting great ratings when it was cancelled.

It turns out the advertisers realized that it wasn't the number of viewers, but rather the quality.

I'm not sure what reminded me of that little factoid.

14. MtnBuff

MtnBuff Not allowed in Barzil 2 Club Member

This is the key point.

Texas brings a huge media market but they also insist on being the ones who benefit from it as well as everything else they can get their hands on. We had enough of Texas and their tag-along lackeys trying to run everything to their advantage when we were in the B12.

Having UT in your conference is kind of like dating the beauty queen lingerie model who looks fabulous then isn't that good in bed and doesn't tell you until to late that she is in the middle of a herpes outbreak.

15. bombay

bombay Club Member Club Member

Mary Ann.

16. bombay

bombay Club Member Club Member

You know we'd get stuck in a division with texas and the okies. Please, no.

17. buffedup

buffedup Cooler than a Popsicle Stand. Club Member

When we control two of the 4 continental time zones and maintain a large chunk of of some of the fastest growing population centers ourselves? Absolutely! I'm sick of the east coast bias, where those on the east coast think that national awareness ends west of Ohio.

18. The Monk

The Monk Club Member Club Member

Get alaska and hawaii and boom four time zones. Sports must be rough in russia where the whole country is one time zone.

19. SuperD

SuperD Club Member Club Member

I dunno, the West Virginia guys that have been posting all this stuff seem to have some sources, but they have been pushing a lot of "news" related to expansion and I'm not sure how much of it is legit and how much of it is tossing stuff out there as educated guesses and hoping it sticks. I'm really not convinced the Big 12 wants to expand at all. Their revenue model is not predicated on acquiring tv markets the way it is for the leagues with networks, and there is enough fighting over what the division splits would be and finding schools for which the TV networks would pony up extra cash.

20. rolandftw

rolandftw Club Member Club Member

I think it's very unlikely that the Big XII loses a team under their current deal. With that said, if all the other BCS conferences expand to 16, the Pac would be under pressure to do so eventually. Dunno who they could really target that would not dilute the league though.

21. zbuff

zbuff Club Member Club Member

College football has day games and night games and time zones aren't going away. Get over it.

22. BuffSurveyor

BuffSurveyor Club Member Club Member

If the major conferences go to 16 teams. Who does the PAC pickup to match the rest of the big boys to get to 16 teams?

23. tante

tante Club Member Club Member

great question, I'm surprised we have never talked about this before. For starters we beg Nebraska to come back, then add CSU for the academics (who, lets face it, is the harvard of the West), probably Wyoming due to their huge metro area, and round it out with Baylor because they are Baylor.

24. wsp4820

wsp4820 Sally Club Member Junta Member

You forgot mighty NDSU. Though, the big ten will probably grab them first.

25. Hugegroove

Hugegroove Club Member Club Member

This & This:stupid:

26. tante

good point, I'll consider them an alternate, or perhaps if we move to 20 teams.

27. DenverBuff77

DenverBuff77 Member

I can't tell if the CSU comment is a joke or not, but when I went to CU a few of my friends went to CSU and we compared Syllabi and the CSU courses were a cake walk compared to CU.

IMO we should look at a few Utah teams and bring in Nevada and New Mexico. Utah State, BYU, Nevada and NMU look good on paper because we need bottom feeders.

28. tante

sounds like you didn't compare the syllabi of the masters fibers program because CU doesn't even have one.

wsp4820 likes this.
  29. neil29fp

neil29fp Club Member Club Member

CU's syllabi were instrumental in landing us in the PAC-12, according to Larry Scott. I think we should reach out to similar schools that share that characteristic.

UT-Arlington is a world-class leader in generating syllabi: http://www.uta.edu/provost/_downloads/administrative-forms/syllabus-template.doc

30. SINKRATZ

SINKRATZ Club Member Club Member

You're not sure if calling CSU the Harvard of the west was a joke? Please tell me the part about you going to CU was a joke.