1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bloody Hell Geer

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by buff4bcs1985, Mar 21, 2008.

1. buff4bcs1985

buff4bcs1985 Hail to the King Club Member

Way to go...
    http://buffzone.com/news/2008/mar/21/cu-football-player-charged-felony-assault/
    CU football player charged with felony assault

CU football player charged with felony assault

By Heath Urie
    Originally published 03:36 p.m., March 21, 2008
    Updated 03:36 p.m., March 21, 2008

A University of Colorado football player accused of hitting two people outside a party last week was charged today with felony assault.

Riar Geer, a first-string tight end for the Buffs, is accused of assaulting two 19-year-old men outside a party at 18th and Cascade streets just before midnight March 14, according to Boulder police.

Boulder County Judge Noel Blum set Geer’s preliminary hearing for April 17. Geer is free on $500 bond.

Freshman linebacker Lynn Katoa, another CU football player accused of assaulting a student at an off-campus party Feb. 16, also was scheduled to be charged today in the courtroom at the Boulder County Jail, but did not appear.

Sonny Flowers, Katoa’s attorney, told the judge his client was at the Boulder County Justice Center and didn’t have a ride to the jail to make his appearance.

It was unclear what action the judge took in Katoa’s case, and Flowers declined to answer questions about it.

Katoa is free on $5,000 bond.

he gone..

2. dio

dio Admin Club Member Junta Member

sounds bad for both

3. buffsyko

buffsyko Club Member Club Member

WTF is KATOA thinking? He's done at CU and geer won't be playing this year by the looks of things.No word on the taser idiots or the guys fighting with geer? Football players are guilty yet the other parties face no charges?

4. fcjack1

fcjack1 Member

Why is there such a huge difference in the bond? Katoa, 5,000 Geer 500.

5. NW Buff

NW Buff Club Member Club Member

Football players are not guilty, they are charged with a crime. Regardless of what happens with the other parties involved, what Katoa and Geer are alleged to have done was against the law.

I suspect both of them are gone for a year. Let's hope that they know they scewed up, fly straight and come back to make the university and football program proud.

6. buffsyko

Katoa keeps making bad decisions,I doubt he's here next year.Geer who knows.

7. buffwoman526

buffwoman526 Club Member Club Member

I would guess that the alleged rock in hand had something to do with that.

8. buffsyko

You mean like the alledged rape? Why couldn't the guy give katoa a ride to court instead of giving an interview?

9. NW Buff

Maybe I am reading the article wrong. Katoa went to the wrong place and did not have a ride from one place to another. That's a mistake, not a bad decision.

Again, I don't think either will be on campus or on the football team next year. If they chose to deal with it like Sipili did then I believe they will be back in 2009. Time will tell.

10. NW Buff

Which guy and which interview? I'm confused. :confused:

11. NBDefektor

NBDefektor Well-Known Member

well, it's sucky...no doubt.

with being charged with a felony, and if convicted, it better be the end for both of these players. "this isn't (the university of) miami," as coach hawk has said before...cut 'em loose, that is IF they are convicted. what a shame...

12. FChairbanks

FChairbanks muthaka slayer Club Member

i think he was referring to this

and was questioning why, instead of talking to the press, his attorney didn't just go get katoa at the justice center and give him a ride to the jail to make his appearance...although i don't understand why he would not be appearing before the judge at the justice center rather than the jail...

13. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

Convictions = Gone. Thats the easy question.

Now, if they somehow get convicted of a non felony, what do you do? How low does it have to go before either of these guys see the field?

14. Sexton Hardcastle

Sexton Hardcastle Club Member Club Member

Katoa's gone. Too many witnesses + forcing your way into two different private residences and assaulting a couple of them should equal an expulsion. jmho. This isn't nebraska.

BTW. It wasn't a good sign when Katoa wasn't practicing last week. Sipili practiced during last years trouble. I think Katoa is done at CU. But i hope i am wrong.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2008
  15. The Monk

The Monk Club Member Club Member

"Bloody Hell Geer" If he comes back this is the nickname I'm giving him.

16. bigred1

bigred1 Member

Here we go! Do you realy want to go there? Your younger audience might want to cover their ears.

17. Sexton Hardcastle

Sexton Hardcastle Club Member Club Member

Explain Mo Purify. I believe he had what? Three incidents with the police? And still played ball. Oh my bad. He did get suspended from the Nevada game. My bad.

Talk all the **** you want. Both of our kids get themselves into trouble. That is true. But you cant' deny the fact that your coaches and AD turn the other cheek multiple times when incidents involving your athletes occur. When incidents happen here in Boulder the kid gets punished. Not a slap on the wrist.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2008
  18. NW Buff

Katoa's lawyer was talking to the press after Katoa had already missed the court appearance. No use going to pick him up then. Courts just move along they don't wait around.

19. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

I think its way too early and we don't know enough to speculate. Lets just chill out and wait.

20. buffsyko

Okay,let's wait,we should find out right around the day before csu.

Boards are for specualtion, man people here need to take a nap or lighten up.

21. DBT

:lol: Me? Lighten up? :lol:

22. buff4bcs1985

buff4bcs1985 Hail to the King Club Member

then rep me for it haha

23. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

It was his attorney's job to make sure Katoa knew where to be and when to be there. BUT, it was also Katoa's responsibility to know that as well. He's digging himself a hole.

I wouldn't read too much into the felony charge. They usually charge as high as they can with the expectation that the final conviction will be far less severe. Pure speculation on my part, but I suspect Katoa will end up with a misdemeanor assault charge and serve a one semester suspension from the University, much like what happened with Sipili. He could get a full year, too.

24. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

25. unionbuff

unionbuff Club Member Club Member

:yeahthat:

DAs always over-charge so that they have more room to maneuver plea bargains. We won't know answers for awhile, might as well relax and see where this goes.

26. DBT

Well, in honor of Easter weekend, I say crucify him!

27. 77buff

77buff Well-Known Member

It's a shame these two made such stupid decisions, but if they are in fact guilty - the team is better off without them around. Sucks!
    The important thing is to wait and see, not jump to conclusions.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2008