What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Bo Pelini.....

No! I wouldn't let him live in my basement any more than I would you. He would hit on my wife or God forbid my daughter.
He is enjoying life chasing at Florida Atlantic coeds or their mothers. He did eek out a 3-8 first year record this season.

Bull**** story. trailers don't have basements.

Am I right in thinking that The Buffs have a more recent Conference Title than the Corn??

I credit them for a conference victory over Texas two years ago.

Hahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahaha! Suck it Nebraska! :01! Hahahahaahhahaha!

Got something that will have those Cornheads going nuts if they lose to Georgia in their bowl game: Dan Hawkins did actually beat Georgia.

Refs had nothing to do with it, ****** tackling had everything to do with it along with some poor coaching. He won't be fired this season, no way that'll happen. If he doesn't make changes to his staff and keeps them together for next season..............he'll be canned at the end of next season. Simple as that, Callahan was fired for being too loyal to Cosgrove among other obvious reasons. Callahan could recruit...............Bo?.....................not so much. Defensive Coordinator needs to go, zero experience, Offensive Line Coach needs to go, horrible coach and possibly the Linebackers Coach. No way in hell can we fire a 9 or 10 win possibly 11 win coach again right now...............it would drive this program into the basement of the B1G for 10 to 15 years cause no one would want to come here. I know several of you would like to see that and **** you for thinking that! :lol: I will say if they fire him at the end of next season................they'll pay HUGE money to attract the right candidates to Nebraska. They need to open up the checkbook now to allow Bo to hire the assistants he wants to hire.

I will say if they fire him at the end of next season................they'll pay HUGE money to attract the right candidates to Nebraska. They need to open up the checkbook now to allow Bo to hire the assistants he wants to hire.

You saying the AD told him who to hire or just that they weren't willing to pony up $$$ to hire good guys, ala CU apparently up until last night?

You saying the AD told him who to hire or just that they weren't willing to pony up $$$ to hire good guys, ala CU apparently up until last night?
They aren't willing to pony up the dough, at least up until this debacle on Saturday night. Bo wanted Mike Stoops after he was fired from Arizona. Problem was the University didn't want to pay him the money that he wanted. So instead we get a first year defensive coordinator for half of what Stoops is making at OU and he has no clue what he's doing. Bo is extremely loyal to the guys around him and wants to give guys a shot to be successful. If he doesn't watch it, it'll cost him his job! He better make some changes in the staff and the University better open up the pocket book or nothing is going to change and Bo will either be fired or quit and go someplace else. Some are saying he interviewed for the Arkansas job and had it up until the results on Saturday night. Other have said he is interviewing for the Tennessee job. Don't know what's true and what's not true at this point. The University is trying to win a championship on the cheap and it isn't working right now.

You're right BIGREDIOWAN, but this is Nebraska and these people will PAY PAY PAY for Big Red to be good. All they have to do is ask and money pours in. It's all there is. I wish CU had that problem! One D1 school, not 3. No pro teams, let alone a pro team in 5 sports! The Huskers in Nebraska are the Broncos, Buffs, Rams, Falcons, Nuggets, Rockies, Avalanche, (insert soccer team name), and more! When you see it put on a list like that it makes you realize there are a lot of detractors in Colorado that Nebraska doesn't have to fight. People shut down the farm to go to a game and spend, spend, spend all year on them!

You're right BIGREDIOWAN, but this is Nebraska and these people will PAY PAY PAY for Big Red to be good. All they have to do is ask and money pours in. It's all there is!

That federal government corn subsidy has got to trickle down somewhere.

- Tom Osborn

Pelini is a good coach. Did amazing things as a DC. I think he's at a point where he either needs to shake up his staff or re-arrange it to improve performance. Or he needs to adjust his recruiting. The Skers are a decent to good team but there stuck n front of a hump.

From what I understand he's doing better with the 2013 class of recruits than he has in the past. Evidentially there are some really good recruits in there, but we have to get them signed first. He's still learning to be a head coach. He doesn't need to worry about dealing with guys that are learning to do their jobs as position coaches or coordinators. This is why it's time to say goodbye to some coaches..................championships are won in the trenches and our lines are terrible right now.

Fans aren't going to be happy after they get smashed by Georgia. Would that seal his fate,even if they have to wait a year to do it?

Fans aren't going to be happy after they get smashed by Georgia. Would that seal his fate,even if they have to wait a year to do it?

No, really don't think so............and if you ask any "level headed" Husker fan, we all think Georgia is going to destroy this team. They are really soft when it gets a little chippy on the field, tackle poorly, lack basic fundamentals, have way to many penalties, complete opposite of what we all thought Bo would bring to this program. I think the University and boosters will give him one more year to either change assistants and see how things go or don't and basically give him the rope to hang himself. Best case scenario for the school if they want him gone? He finds another job some place else, leaves, then the school doesn't look bad for firing a 9/10/11 win coach. I like the guy for the most part, but he makes questionable decisions in reference to his assistant coaches and some of the players he puts on the field. He'll literally play one "average" guy over one "good/great" guy because "average" guy knows the defense like the back of his hand. That's how complicated his defense is apparently. Players have been quoted as saying something to the effect of, "we do more homework with the playbook than we do our class homework!" That's a little ridiculous IMO.............

Pellini is a smart coach. I think your correct that he's still learning the job. I think over time hell gain some perspective and become a very steady winner.

You are right, Husker fans won't be happy if they get "smashed" by Georgia. This year they almost expect to get beat by Georgia, but Pelini's fate will not be sealed by a loss to Georgia. Husker fans want to see errors corrected and progress made, and they are willing to give Pelini the time and leash he needs to do so.

I'll take as many 9 or 10 win seasons I can get with Bo as the Husker Coach. Especially if he can make runs at conference championships or an occasional run at the big prize. Wouldn't you?

Many aside from Nebraska fans don't really understand that Pelini really "gets it" and Husker fans (for the most part) like what he is doing and what he stands for.

Mind-boggling - the team that just hung 70 on the NU defense just lost their coach to the Razorbacks. It's not like the Badgers are a second-tier program. Early reports say $3 million plus per year. Do they think he can bring talent with him? Some of these traditional powers (Arkansas) are delusional. It takes time and recruiting to build a winner. Money is just the start of it. I wonder how long some of these programs hold on to their dreams.

Speaking of that, I've watched NU a few times this year. The talent just isn't there. If NU is going to build a winner, it'll be because they hired the best recruiter in the bunch. Little Bo Pini is not that guy.

You are right, Husker fans won't be happy if they get "smashed" by Georgia. This year they almost expect to get beat by Georgia, but Pelini's fate will not be sealed by a loss to Georgia. Husker fans want to see errors corrected and progress made, and they are willing to give Pelini the time and leash he needs to do so.

I'll take as many 9 or 10 win seasons I can get with Bo as the Husker Coach. Especially if he can make runs at conference championships or an occasional run at the big prize. Wouldn't you?

Many aside from Nebraska fans don't really understand that Pelini really "gets it" and Husker fans (for the most part) like what he is doing and what he stands for.

Don't give me that crap, Nebraska fans have ZERO patience. I've never lived in the State of Nebraska so I don't typically look at things with rose colored glasses. Bo is a good coach, but the pressure is going to be insane on him to win some big games next season or they'll find a way to push him out the door. I like Bo, I think with time he'll be a great coach, but I doubt he's gonna get that time. Problem with Husker fans is we typically think we are owed something because of what happened in the 90's. It's be 13 years since we won a conference title, 11 years since we got stomped in the N.C. game and we've been to 3 CCG in the past 4 years without winning any of them. We are an average to good program, but Bo is earning the moniker, "Big game Bo." He runs a CLEAN program, wins 9+ games a year, and is at least giving us a shot at some championships. That's a lot more than I can say Callahan did for us and a majority of Husker fans seem to forget the whole Callahan debacle. Also give Bo credit with his temper, he's really tried to get it under control this season, but the camera is on him at all times hoping for another aTm moment.

Mind-boggling - the team that just hung 70 on the NU defense just lost their coach to the Razorbacks. It's not like the Badgers are a second-tier program. Early reports say $3 million plus per year. Do they think he can bring talent with him? Some of these traditional powers (Arkansas) are delusional. It takes time and recruiting to build a winner. Money is just the start of it. I wonder how long some of these programs hold on to their dreams.

Speaking of that, I've watched NU a few times this year. The talent just isn't there. If NU is going to build a winner, it'll be because they hired the best recruiter in the bunch. Little Bo Pini is not that guy.
We have a lot of talent in the secondary and in our skill positions on offense. We DON'T have talent on the lines and haven't for a few years now. The few good offensive lineman we had have left to go to other schools because apparently they don't like Barney Cotton. There's a name for ya CU, hire Barney Cotton..................helluva a coach.

I hate everything about this guy, but love that he is leading Big Red. Here's an interview after the Conference Championship game this weekend, when Wisconsin put 70 points on his defense.

http://www.huskermax.com/games/2012/vid/13/08pelini.html

Skip to the 5:00 minute mark to hear what a nice guy he is. And don't defend him. He's not a good coach. His teams are getting increasingly uglier each year. Callahan's talent is about gone now and it's all on Bo. Yes, they played in a conf championship game, but they didn't beat anyone that was any good. They can't win on the road. And they are not a top 25 team this year.

His recruits are awful.
You are a funny guy. Nebraska did not beat anyone? You must have been watching football on a different planet. When is the lat time CU had that record? Give us a break.

Players have been quoted as saying something to the effect of, "we do more homework with the playbook than we do our class homework!" That's a little ridiculous IMO.............

Nebraska players have ALWAYS been quoted as saying that. And the playbook is only 10 pages long!

Mind-boggling - the team that just hung 70 on the NU defense just lost their coach to the Razorbacks. .

Looking at Belima, don't you just picture him as the big, over-sized lunk of a kid who played Pop Warner football with a too-large helmet, always side-ways on his head?

He's no great shakes as a HC. UW has some great assistants and talent(OL and RB in particular) that saved his sorry a** many a time. Other times when its clear he can overpower a team, he's an un-merciful bully at running up scores!

Not impressed that Arky made this move, its worse than Houston Nutt. At least Nutt could recruit in the South. BB is a Mid-west guy, think those monster Wisc. farmboy, OLs are now gonna flock south?

Looking at Belima, don't you just picture him as the big, over-sized lunk of a kid who played Pop Warner football with a too-large helmet, always side-ways on his head?

He's no great shakes as a HC. UW has some great assistants and talent(OL and RB in particular) that saved his sorry a** many a time. Other times when its clear he can overpower a team, he's an un-merciful bully at running up scores!

Not impressed that Arky made this move, its worse than Houston Nutt. At least Nutt could recruit in the South. BB is a Mid-west guy, think those monster Wisc. farmboy, OLs are now gonna flock south?
Wisconsin fans have been saying the same thing, just an average head coach with great assistants.............Bo take note, you need some better assistants.

I coach with a guy who played there and worshipped at his alter. He has turned on him big time. I brought him up last night and he went on for 15 minutes. This is a guy that is one of the calmest guys I know, and he would love to see him fired immediately.

Turmoil in Nebraska and a New head coach at CU where hope springs eternal! All is right in the world!

Back