What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Bobby Petrino wants back in....

I think Petrino is still in denial over what he did...after the PSU scandal, will any school want to hire a coach with questionable character like Petrino?

Petrino is damaged goods. He will coach again but not as a head coach in a major conference.

You nailed this so hard. I was wondering if anyone would get it :lol:. Bonus for finding the exact perfect pic.

topgun2.jpg

I think Petrino is still in denial over what he did...after the PSU scandal, will any school want to hire a coach with questionable character like Petrino?

This may have been enough to get him to at least look at what he did and who he is, changing it is another story entirely. When you are a sleazebucket at heart changing means going right to the core and that can be hard to do, even for someone who has fallen as hard as Petrino.

Although their situations are completely different if Petrino is truly interested in fixing himself he should make a call to Bill McCartney. Coach Mac would never have cheated on his wife and run around acting like a hormone charged idiot but he has talked about letting football and winning and all that goes with it take priority over his family and his values. If Petrino is serious about making things right Coach Mac is one of the few people out there who could both understand the situation and have an idea of how to go about changing it.

As far as coaching is concerned I would guarantee that he is already on the ready list for a bunch of athletic directors. He isn't going to get a top 25 job right off the bat but he would be at the top of the list for schools that are in the middle of major conferences that are willing to bend things a little bit in order to try to move into the top 25.

This interview is his first step in trying to repair his image enough to make that possible. With the money involved in college football people forget the off-field stuff a lot faster than they forget the winning and as sleazy as his off-field stuff has been it has been a lot less offensive than things others have done who are working right now.

Back