What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Bohn: Basketball Roundtable

I hate just making my way from the car to the stadium twice (once to get in and one to get back) in the winter, there is zero chance I will mess with going to folsom. Even in the good weather

fair point. i think it's doable. donors park in the lot by the football practice fields. get "taxied" up to Folsom. CEC is a cluster-F with 4000 fans, let alone 10,000. weird to me still, after almost 30 years of going there how an arena that close to 36/28th and Baseline is still such a traffic f up.

why not host a buffet and drinks at club level in Folsom and then shuttle donors over to the CEC every 15 minutes for an hour up to tipoff. and probably late one, knowing human nature and booze. you don't have to build anything. those facilities sit unused 350 days a year and are already paid for. staffing it shouldn't be a problem with the CU Housing food service system, CFC, UMC, and whoever does it Saturday football gameday.

Incorrect. They use those facilities for a variety of things. I had a company retreat there once. I've had two high school reunions there, too. In fact, I've been up there about a dozen times, but never for a football game.

Incorrect. They use those facilities for a variety of things. I had a company retreat there once. I've had two high school reunions there, too. In fact, I've been up there about a dozen times, but never for a football game.

awwwwww *wipes tear* you'll make it someday buddy.

let's say you are right. i live very close to Folsom and i walk by there 2-5 times a day. often, at night. i see the lights on up there sometimes...maybe they are cleaning or raking in $$$$$, who knows? but, no way it's more than 50 times a year (which would be generous). that means it's unused 300 times a year. let's say i'm wrong, and by double, that means the place is unused 250 times a year. i know some of those weekend nights are recruiting weekends.

still paid for. easily staffed. your point means nothing really, in qualitative terms.

Last edited:
let's say you are right. i live very close to Folsom and i walk by there 2-5 times a day. often, at night. i see the lights on up there sometimes...maybe they are cleaning or raking in $$$$$, who knows? but, no way it's more than 50 times a year (which would be generous). that means it's unused 300 times a year. let's say i'm wrong, and by double, that means the place is unused 250 times a year. i know some of those weekend nights are recruiting weekends.

still paid for. easily staffed. your point means nothing really, in qualitative terms.

Most of my points mean nothing. So what's your point? That it would be a good idea to leverage that space more? I somehow think the CUAD does that already. That was my point. But it was meaningless.

have you been down there. Would you pay $250 to stand in an overcrowded room to wait in line for 10 minutes to buy an $8 coors light? Maybe if they had a NICE club room it would be worth it, but not for what they have now. I don't think now is the time to start grabbing everything you can get out of basketball. Lets get one of two more years of sellouts and then it is an option to start raising the price. We have a great opportunity now with dwindling interest in the Nuggets, we need to grab as many season ticket holder now as possible.

:nod: @ the bold.

You are correct. My roomates used to work for centerplate (who did the catering and staffing of events in Folsom), and they worked part time up there several times each week for events, weddings, etc...

I worked once for them for the Boulder Boulder handing out out free beer after the race. I made sure to check the ID of every 60 year old and over lady that came by... I made a lot of your grandmas blush that day.

Mick, here you go they are using the folsom club:

2011 Colorado Men's Basketball Awards Reception

Tuesday, April 5, 2011
Byron R. White Stadium Club
East Side Folsom Field, CU-Boulder Campus

5:30 p.m. - Light hors d’oeuvres & cash bar
6:00 p.m. - Program

Business Attire - $15 per person
Help defray the cost of a student-athlete’s meal for $15 or senior gift for $85
RSVP no later than March 28 (no refunds after 03/28/11)
Call Athletics at (303) 492-5497 or email buffclub@cufund.org
to register.
Prepayment required.

Parking is available for $3 across the street from the south side of
Folsom Field in Lot 360.

i had a company retreat up there as well. they didn't tell us where it was and i was the only one ****ing stoked when we arrived.

Back