1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bohn doesn't have Pac-10 answers yet

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by NashBuff, Jul 20, 2010.

1. NashBuff

NashBuff CSU Knob-Slobberer

2. mdelpizzo_1

mdelpizzo_1 My Dixie Wrecked Club Member

I really think we will be there in 2011

3. SINKRATZ

SINKRATZ Club Member Club Member

There's going to be some interesting discussions on revenue sharing which will be a BIG deal to the Buffs depending which way they go. Another big test for Bohn.

4. NashBuff

Washington was one school that was able to block changes to the revenue sharing stuff for many year when they were strong and now they are willing to change that. Do not be surprised if that would be a 11-1 vote in favor of revenue sharing with USC as the lone school saying no.

5. DesertDawg526

DesertDawg526 Resident Dawg Club Member

Woodward favors revenue sharing, if the league will also do away with an archaic policy of traditional rivals sharing their football gate, which hurts the Huskies more than anybody.

"Essentially, I subsidize Wazzu to the tune of about 400 grand a year," Woodward said. "If we're going to share revenue with them, I want that to go away."

6. NashBuff

http://www.cubuffs.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=600&ATCLID=204969321

"I think I have an idea of where the Pac-10 would like to be, but in fairness to the Big 12, I think I have to wait (to disclose the date)," Bohn said.

I guess Bohn is dying to tell us that we will be in the Pac-10 in 2011 but can't tell us just yet. He has praised the Big 12's legal team and it sounds like everything might be done by this moment. Just his way of tempering down our excitement for the right timing to announce that we are getting out of the Big 12 after this season.

7. NashBuff

I hope CU gets UW as a permanet interdivision game because Bohn would understand after subsidizing the school up north every year in Denver. We should follow Ute fan's example of not referring to their rival by name.

8. BuffNut99

BuffNut99 Club Member Club Member

It'll be shocking news if we don't start in the Pac in 2011 - it's too big a headache for too many other schools otherwise.

9. SINKRATZ

SINKRATZ Club Member Club Member

If 2010 is our last year in the Big 12 (and I think it will be), then the sooner it is announced the better - we should get a decent boost in ticket sales if folks know this will be the last chance to see Big 12 teams in Folsom.