1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bohn extended?

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by leftybuff, Feb 17, 2010.

1. leftybuff

leftybuff Iconoclast Club Member

I saw on the "other board" that Bohn got a new deal through 2012. Any body else confirm? I guess he gets his due for falling on his sword and taking one for the team.

2. Hugegroove

Hugegroove Club Member Club Member

Haven't seen or heard of this on any other website or local news. If your referring to the other board as netbuffs aka; matt thompson, you went to the wrong place.

3. absinthe

absinthe Ambitious but rubbish. Club Member Junta Member

Netbuffs = Matt thompson? really?

4. Buttermaker

Buttermaker Active Member

I have heard from a reliable source that he was extended. His contract that was up in April of this year was extended through 2012 and there were discussions of subsequent years.

He has done a good job fund raising in a negative atmosphere and has made advances in facilities. His coaching hires are under great scrutiny and as many have pointed out, he will have to be held accountable for that in the future.

5. NashBuff

NashBuff CSU Knob-Slobberer

Getting that basketball/volleyball practice built is reason to extend Bohn...getting those things done in Boulder is just a pain IMO.

6. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

I've said it many times before and I'll say it again: Hiring coaches accounts for about 10% of his job responsibilities. His major responsibilities are public relations and fundraising. He's done a magnificent job in both areas. If he screws up the next football coach hire, he'll take a lot of heat - deservedly.

7. Liver

Liver modded mod Club Member Junta Member

it is reported now on cubuffs.com that he got a 2 year extension. by the way, is anyone else somewhat disturbed by the headline "bohn extended"?

8. Lt.Col.FrankSlade

Lt.Col.FrankSlade Well-Known Member

He deserved an extension.

A lot of people bitch and moan about the Hawkins hire, but I still maintain it was an absolutely fantastic hire when it was made. Whether Hawkins should have been extended is certainly debatable, but his credentials as a head coach at the time of the hire were unmatched. The same goes for Bzzzzz.

The CU athletic director is a difficult job, and I think Bohn has a tremendous passion and joy for it. I believe he really enjoys his work and wants to be at CU. He has not been afraid to be a public figure for CU athletics - something it has sorely needed the past decade or so.

9. goldenchild

goldenchild New Member

Congrats Mike, now lets find a replacement for Hawk and KMM

10. chipwich

chipwich Administrator Club Member Junta Member

I agree. I also think he wanted to fire Hawkins at the end of last season.

11. Hugegroove

Hugegroove Club Member Club Member

12. Buttermaker

Buttermaker Active Member

fify