What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Bohn extended?

leftybuff

Unreconstructed Luddite
Club Member
I saw on the "other board" that Bohn got a new deal through 2012. Any body else confirm? I guess he gets his due for falling on his sword and taking one for the team.

Haven't seen or heard of this on any other website or local news. If your referring to the other board as netbuffs aka; matt thompson, you went to the wrong place.

I have heard from a reliable source that he was extended. His contract that was up in April of this year was extended through 2012 and there were discussions of subsequent years.

He has done a good job fund raising in a negative atmosphere and has made advances in facilities. His coaching hires are under great scrutiny and as many have pointed out, he will have to be held accountable for that in the future.

Getting that basketball/volleyball practice built is reason to extend Bohn...getting those things done in Boulder is just a pain IMO.

I've said it many times before and I'll say it again: Hiring coaches accounts for about 10% of his job responsibilities. His major responsibilities are public relations and fundraising. He's done a magnificent job in both areas. If he screws up the next football coach hire, he'll take a lot of heat - deservedly.

it is reported now on cubuffs.com that he got a 2 year extension. by the way, is anyone else somewhat disturbed by the headline "bohn extended"?

He deserved an extension.

A lot of people bitch and moan about the Hawkins hire, but I still maintain it was an absolutely fantastic hire when it was made. Whether Hawkins should have been extended is certainly debatable, but his credentials as a head coach at the time of the hire were unmatched. The same goes for Bzzzzz.

The CU athletic director is a difficult job, and I think Bohn has a tremendous passion and joy for it. I believe he really enjoys his work and wants to be at CU. He has not been afraid to be a public figure for CU athletics - something it has sorely needed the past decade or so.

He deserved an extension.

A lot of people bitch and moan about the Hawkins hire, but I still maintain it was an absolutely fantastic hire when it was made. Whether Hawkins should have been extended is certainly debatable, but his credentials as a head coach at the time of the hire were unmatched. The same goes for Bzzzzz.

The CU athletic director is a difficult job, and I think Bohn has a tremendous passion and joy for it. I believe he really enjoys his work and wants to be at CU. He has not been afraid to be a public figure for CU athletics - something it has sorely needed the past decade or so.

I agree. I also think he wanted to fire Hawkins at the end of last season.

Back