What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Bohn extended

I really think we would've ended up in the Pac12 regardless of who was the AD. Even if Creatini was the AD, we would've still ended up in the pac. :smile2:

Just kidding Creatini.

I guess we'll never know, but I don't think your assumption is true. There was a LOT of craziness going on during that time, with all sorts of talk about different conferences expanding, or not. While I think we belong in the Pac-12, I don't think it was a done deal at all. This took a great deal of skill (if you don't agree, ask the Mizzou AD). Remember, we were the first move. That didn't happen by accident. How would you feel today if we were still in the Big Tex, or worse, on the outside looking in, after the players in the Big 12 all bolted and we were left in a mid-major. All those options were on the table. Bottom line, I think Mike deserves a substantial amount of credit for putting us in the Pac-12. And while his coaching hires have been hit or miss, I think being in the Pac-12 trumps that.

Sorry I missed this thread before, but for some reason it was sent directly to my spam folder.

Crearage about how he would kick people in the balls and run away if they kept talking about his mommy.

Sorry, tini. Couldn't resist. :lol:

Correction, I would kick BCS in the balls then walk away. :lol:

Guam does more spam per capita than Hawaii, BTW.

No, it was a joke that I expected about three people to get.

That's cuz there are 6 people on Guam. I've heard the diving is good there, but everytime I stopped there, I counted the days until we left.

That's cuz there are 6 people on Guam. I've heard the diving is good there, but everytime I stopped there, I counted the days until we left.

My original joke had nothing to do with Guam, but while we're on the topic.

I enjoyed my two tours there, but it is a strange place. It was kind of fun a single guy. I guess it was fun as a married guy too, but for very different reasons.

Fun flying and good diving.

This thread is sponsored by...
thrilled.jpg

Would be nice if success was a precursor to contract extensions in CU's athletic department.

The jury is out on the most recent hires in football and MBB and the previous hires in both sports were failures.

I reject the notion that Boyle deserves credit for the relatively-minor successes in basketball last year. He won with another guy's players. I am not calling him a bad coach; we just don't know yet. There is no Alec Burks, or Cory Higgins for that matter, on next year's roster: it can be safely assumed that the team will struggle.

Embree and co., although I like the hire, are completely unknown quantities at this point.

Bohn is good at administrative stuff, but until the teams win, it doesn't matter.

Boyle did take a 15-16 CU team to a 24-14 team with JB's players though and Roberson got much better as the season went on and now Boyle has gotten two verbals from two players in the top 150. Let's see if he can improve though on that this season.

I am not suggesting that I believe Boyle to be a bad coach, just that we haven't seen enough to know he's a good coach. It is my belief that Burks' individual talent was, by far, the biggest factor in our almost making the tourney last year. I don't personally expect next year's team to be nearly as good as this year's. Time will tell... which is exactly my point.

I am not suggesting that I believe Boyle to be a bad coach, just that we haven't seen enough to know he's a good coach. It is my belief that Burks' individual talent was, by far, the biggest factor in our almost making the tourney last year. I don't personally expect next year's team to be nearly as good as this year's. Time will tell... which is exactly my point.
Wrong! While we may not be better next season, Boyle is a helluva coach. He made all of the kids better.

As for Bohn, he deserves the opportunity to take us into the PAC. He's a bit too rah rah for me but he does deserve an extention.

Guam does more spam per capita than Hawaii, BTW.

No, it was a joke that I expected about three people to get.
:wave: Although I've got to believe more people got it. Didn't seem that obscure..

Sorry I missed this thread before, but for some reason it was sent directly to my spam folder.

I am SHOCKED that the direction of the thread went that way on the 3rd page.... I would have set the over/ under at post #2.

What I can't figure out is that he actually gets paid to get Bohn extended when Liver had to pay about $30,000 to make his just average.....

It's good to see Bohn will still be around until 2016 at the latest. Despite firing Barnett and Hawkins, I still support Bohn but if we have to fire Embree, I expect Bohn to get the ax as well. That Pac-12 move bought a lot of goodwill in this case.

It did not seem like there was anywhere near 60K last year.

I suspect that's a reflection of number of tickets sold, not actual attendance. I know some people have to buy the tickets because they're in the season ticket package but don't actually go to the game. I think we'll see more and more of this over the next 8 years. By the time this contract is done, there won't be 40,000 people in that stadium. I'd be surprised if there were even 50,000 last year.

IMO< MB got the extension for :

1. being the good soldier and taking the grief for keeping D II after 2009 when it was clearly a decision he should have made, but got cut off at the knees by Dr. Phil ( who ought to keep his hands off the AD IMO).;

2. getting CU to the Pac 12, which was outstanding work;

3. righting the $$ ship, CU's AD is getting itself righted;

4. doing a pretty good job at PR.

I have mixed feelings, but overall I think MB is doing an OK job.

By all reports it appears Bohn has done quite a bit with not a lot. He also likely put up with being overruled on the firing of D2 after 2009. I would imagine this guy has worked pretty darn hard over the past year with the conference change, bball practice facility, constant D2 grief (which he deserved for hiring him in the first place), and hiring of Embree and co.

I can only think of two things he failed at miserably. The CSU contract and D2. Both are large failures in my book. At least right now it appears he is headed in the right direction with Embree. Now if he can just figure out something with the CSU subsidy...

Back