What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Bohn extended

There's no where to go but up. How could things have possibly gotten any worse? :lol:

Oh they could get much worse. We could be like Wazzu and get a couple wins a year, instead we were still flirting with bowl eligibility almost every year with our worst coach ever.

I think Bohn has done a great job. I think he has done an outstanding job hiring and promoting. Hawkins was one of the hottest names out there when hired. A lot of big time programs would have taken a serious look at him.It didn't work out and Bohn learned from that mistake and hired someone from within the family that has seen CU at it's best.

CSU extension is really the only big **** up I've seen out of Bohn.

Here's the attendance numbers from the last few games....ouch.

Mile High Staduim Capacity: 76,273
Attendance for games there:
1998 - 76,036*
1999 - 73,438*
2000 - 67,466

Invesco Capacity: 76,125
Attendance for games there:
2001: 75,022
2002: 75,531
2003: 76,219*
2006: 65,701
2007: 68,133
2008: 69,619*
2010: 60,989

* = night games according to the CU website which I think are games that start after 5:00 local

Before I go into details, I want to state that I am also against the CU-csu Invesco series..

But really, to claim that the extension of this series by Bohn as a major screw up is weak. If you look at Tini's stats, out the last 10 games played @ Invesco, only 2 games had 10,000+ tickets that were not sold. In fact, half of the games were either sold out or close to. So from a financial standpoint, one may deduce that this series is mostly a success. Of course, it still pans out as a crappy experience for the fans, as well as one less home game @ Folsom, but IMO, this doesn't qualify as a huge blunder by Bohn.

Oh they could get much worse. We could be like Wazzu and get a couple wins a year, instead we were still flirting with bowl eligibility almost every year with our worst coach ever.

Leash, you gotta admit this is a stretch. We never flirted with bowl eligibility in 2006 or 2009. 2010 was heading down the same path before a change was made and even then it was a longshot. We are talking three years out of five where we were mostly really bad and one of the worst BCS conference teams in country.

There is no way to spin the Hawkins hire/subsequent extension. It was an outright failure.

I do agree that Bohn has done a lot of good things in his tenure though.

Before I go into details, I want to state that I am also against the CU-csu Invesco series..

But really, to claim that the extension of this series by Bohn as a major screw up is weak. If you look at Tini's stats, out the last 10 games played @ Invesco, only 2 games had 10,000+ tickets that were not sold. In fact, half of the games were either sold out or close to. So from a financial standpoint, one may deduce that this series is mostly a success. Of course, it still pans out as a crappy experience for the fans, as well as one less home game @ Folsom, but IMO, this doesn't qualify as a huge blunder by Bohn.

The AD gave away a ton of tickets to fill the seats.

I think Bohn has done a great job. I think he has done an outstanding job hiring and promoting. Hawkins was one of the hottest names out there when hired. A lot of big time programs would have taken a serious look at him.It didn't work out and Bohn learned from that mistake and hired someone from within the family that has seen CU at it's best.

CSU extension is really the only big **** up I've seen out of Bohn.

Under Hawkins we went 2-10, 6-7, 5-7, 3-9, and 3-6 or 5-7. This is not very good.

2-24 on the road. Dead last in the nation. No other D1A team failed to win fewer than 3 road games.
21-40 overall. 19-39 under Hawkins. We won slightly less than one third of our games. BCS conference teams with worse records:

Washington - 21-41. A half-game worse. If you don't consider our 2-1 record under Cabral, our record is worse.
Vanderbilt - 20-41. A game worse. If you don't consider our 2-1 record under Cabral, our record is worse here as well.
Washington State - 16-45.
Duke - 13-47.

Iowa State and Syracuse finished with identical 21-40 records.

So there you have it. There were two BCS conference teams that were definitively worse than us between 2006-2010.

I don't think the argument that things could have been "much worse" holds much water.

Last edited:
Under Hawkins we went 2-10, 6-7, 5-7, 3-9, and 3-6 or 5-7. This is not very good.

2-24 on the road. Dead last in the nation. No other D1A team failed to win fewer than 3 road games.
21-40 overall. 19-39 under Hawkins. We won slightly less than one third of our games. BCS conference teams with worse records:

Washington - 21-41. A half-game worse. If you don't consider our 2-1 record under Cabral, our record is worse.
Vanderbilt - 20-41. A game worse. If you don't consider our 2-1 record under Cabral, our record is worse here as well.
Washington State - 16-45.
Duke - 13-47.

Iowa State and Syracuse finished with identical 21-40 records.

So there you have it. There were two BCS conference teams that were definitively worse than us between 2006-2010.

I don't think the argument that things could have been "much worse" holds much water.

You seem to be under the impression that Mike Bohn was coaching the football team.

This is another reason that I wouldn't be sad to see him go. I really don't think he has any pull within the ADept. It's clear that DiSteph is calling the shots.

Wouldn't that mean that DiSteph needs to go, not Bohn?

You seem to be under the impression that Mike Bohn was coaching the football team.

He hired him. He is the athletic director. But I guess it is unreasonable to hold the head of the athletic department responsible for the success of... the athletic department. :rolling_eyes:

He hired him. He is the athletic director. But I guess it is unreasonable to hold the head of the athletic department responsible for the success of... the athletic department. :rolling_eyes:

In defense for Bohn, Hawkins was considered the hottest coach in the country when he was hired in 2005 (or was it early 2006?) then tried to fire him after the kNU game in 2009 but was overruled by DiSteph and thus he was retained.

In defense for Bohn, Hawkins was considered the hottest coach in the country when he was hired in 2005 (or was it early 2006?) then tried to fire him after the kNU game in 2009 but was overruled by DiSteph and thus he was retained.
What a great AD we've got. :lol: I'm sure he has plenty of credibility within the department. That's the guy I want heading into the Pacific Twelve Era. Yikes.

What a great AD we've got. :lol: I'm sure he has plenty of credibility within the department. That's the guy I want heading into the Pacific Twelve Era. Yikes.

When you get overrode by the heads of the school, what more can you do?

Looks like it came back around bromosexual.
i_aint_even_mad_493.jpg

Back