1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bohn going to keep CU coach Hawkins for now

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Matt, Nov 7, 2010.

1. Matt

Matt Nerd Drone Pilot Club Member

By John Henderson
    The Denver Post

LAWRENCE, Kan. — Colorado coach Dan Hawkins will likely keep his job until the end of the season, a source said Saturday night, and said athletic director Mike Bohn wants to keep the continuity with quarterback Cody Hawkins, the coach's son.

Bohn issued a prepared statement after returning to Boulder from the Buffaloes' 52-45 loss to Kansas, which scored the last 35 points of the fourth quarter.

Full Story

2. BuffAlum2007

BuffAlum2007 Well-Known Member

Keep the continuity with Cody? What continuity??? Cody is our last option at QB right now - he's playing the rest of the season unless he gets hurt - that I'm fairly confident whoever would serve as interim coach would not throw away Hirschman or Gorman's redshirts at this point in the season...

3. OUBuff

OUBuff American Club Member

I am now officially at the lowest point of my CU fandom.

4. cu2x

cu2x Club Member Club Member

I don't think the "Cody Factor" explains what bohn is (isn't) doing. That's just something for him to hide behind and justify his failure to act. Cody is a true Buff, he wouldn't quit on his teammates and they know it.
    This excuse by bohn is not only lowlife, it puts a heavy burden on Cody, as it will cause many fans to blame him for the coachin situation. To me, this is real cowardly by bohn: he's making Cody his sacrificial goat

5. 14er

14er “Imitation is suicide.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hey Mike whats more important, losing a couple of coaches and a player who won't be around next year or losing fans with every bohnhead move you make.

This is by far the worst run AD in the country, easily. embarrassing.

6. badfish650

badfish650 Member

Everyone is so worried about burning those redshirts...but why is anyone convinced that it matters? This regime has clearly whiffed on all of the QB prospects we have seen, are we so sure that these guys aren't just another Cody?

Change the staff! If it means no Cody, so be it. The faster we get a new staff in here, the sooner we can land legit QB prospects and begin to rebuild.

7. zbuff

zbuff Club Member Club Member

This is obviously DH's only focus: "Cody Hawkins, a senior, is 919 yards away from the school's all-time passing record, held by Joel Klatt."

8. Darian3Hagan

Darian3Hagan '89 Player of the Year Club Member

**** you Mike go to Kansas

9. antisaint

antisaint I LIKE CAKE! Club Member

While I agree that Bohn shouldn't be the person to make the next coaching hire I don't think the blame is all his. Everyone has someone to answer to; this is no different for Mike Bohn. He's pretty much the puppet of an inept administration that has no dedication to CU Athletics and only see it as a necessary evil. Yes, Bohn deserves his share of blame but the administration is ultimately responsible for this mess.

10. dio

dio Admin Club Member Junta Member

If this is true, then I have lost faith in Mike Bohn. Serious lack of leadership and understanding from him. He did a few nice things here, but we can probably find some who could do more for us. We just cut ties with him as well.

11. Liver

Liver modded mod Club Member Junta Member

maybe benson will finally figure it all out. i will say i have mixed feelings about bohn. he has done some great things for CU-- the move to the p10 is so great that it causes me to pause before calling for bohn's head.

but, in my perfect world, benson would bow to pressure (and financial commitments) from our handful of big money boosters. Mac would be installed as the AD. he'd bring in a great hc and great coordinators and we'd be off to the races again. i know it won't happen. so, instead, i am going to hope they have a plan. for the life of me, i can't figure out what it is at this point, however. i can't think of a single compelling reason to keep hawkins on the sidelines the rest of the year. the cody factor ain't it.

12. CUBuff98

CUBuff98 Club Member Club Member

This is so typical!!! Winning football games will never be a priority under the current regime. Bohn is nothing more than a puppet of the admin. We need an AD with with some balls here. Bohn needs to go, along with D2D, Kiesau and the rest of the jackasses that have destroyed this program.

13. CarolinaBuff

CarolinaBuff Weekend Poster Club Member

Yup, and it's also the most spineless.

14. zbuff

zbuff Club Member Club Member

How much credit does Bohn get for the Pac12 move? It's not like he created their need for a championship game.

15. 77buff

77buff Well-Known Member

The season is toast, let the village idiot finish the season - save a few bucks instead of paying him for sitting on his worthless ass. If you really want to send the administration a message - don't attend any games. If there are 30,000 for the next 2 home games, Bohn will $h!t in his panties. If you really want to wake the
    administration up - do it by $.

16. Daaah

Daaah Club Member Club Member

I don't think you save any money by keeping him around. Whether you ****can him or not, he gets paid the remainder of his contract.

17. CenturyBuff

CenturyBuff Member

Dang, I thought yesterday's debacle would push Bohn to fire immediately.

I guess the only way Paycheck Danny would have been gone yesterday would have been if Mark Mangino stormed the CU sideline and ate him.