What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Bohn has a favorite in mind and it´s current College HC

My guess is Tedford will sit back for a year and collect some gravy, then hop back into the coaching gig.

My guess is Tedford will sit back for a year and collect some gravy, then hop back into the coaching gig.

He has a requirement to try to find a job in coaching that would reduce his buyout payments from Cal, but I think that's probably as easy for him to satisfy while not getting hired as it is to stay on the unemployment rolls.

So MB is getting played by Tedford? Would not surprise me at all. JT satisfies his contract requirement, gets a free trip to Boulder and some free grub, and is back in Cali for a year, tanning, resting and getting ready for his new gig by Christmas.

He has a requirement to try to find a job in coaching that would reduce his buyout payments from Cal, but I think that's probably as easy for him to satisfy while not getting hired as it is to stay on the unemployment rolls.

I picture this approach:

[video=youtube;3ECqP9KMqtI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ECqP9KMqtI[/video]

How does a search committee work anyway? Is there a special place that coaches throw their hats into the ring? or do search committee's just start cold calling coaches they desire? Seems to me there would be contract verbage that doesn't allow current coaches to talk? I know one of you AllBuffs know how it works, clue the rest of us in please...
Contacts are made from both parties. Interested coaches often call and say that they're interested. The committee, after coming up with an initial list and refining it, will reach out and ask candidates if they're interested. Current coaches have agents/representatives who shuttle negotiations/discussions with the AD's reps (like Neinas). Money is typically not discussed until you're near the goal line.

Bull****. CU is that star jock in high school that is now obese, unemployed, and wearing a "no fat chicks" t-shirt.

Wait a minute, CU is a poster here?? Which one?

Damn, I wish you had given some information that would narrow it down a bit more.....

FWIW, Irv and Joe (very late lunch for me) believe the decision had been made well before this weekend and that Bohn knows who he wants. They also believe a donor or donors told Bohn it was either Embree goes or they go.

FWIW, Irv and Joe (very late lunch for me) believe the decision had been made well before this weekend and that Bohn knows who he wants. They also believe a donor or donors told Bohn it was either Embree goes or they go.

This is speculation, not journalism. I just want to make sure that everyone is clear that sports talk radio is a bunch of guys trying to fill air time and most of them are told no more about Bohn's plans or the innerworkings of the high-level booster meetings than the assholes on AllBuffs.

And on that note, this asshole would like to make a statement: I have heard the exact opposite. This literally gained discussion about 3 weeks ago, became a serious discussion about 2 weeks ago, and the odds of making a change were only about 40% heading into Thanksgiving. And even at that, some have said (and I haven't heard it refuted) that Embree had a chance to keep his job if he'd agreed to coordinator changes on both side of the ball. Camp Embree and mainstream media were absolutely blindsided by this move and are trying to wrap their heads around it.

Of course Mike has someone in mind. He has probably been putting a list together since the CSU game. I know I would.

I would venture to guess the AD at Alabama has a list going also. They all do.

This is speculation, not journalism. I just want to make sure that everyone is clear that sports talk radio is a bunch of guys trying to fill air time and most of them are told no more about Bohn's plans or the innerworkings of the high-level booster meetings than the assholes on AllBuffs.

And on that note, this asshole would like to make a statement: I have heard the exact opposite. This literally gained discussion about 3 weeks ago, became a serious discussion about 2 weeks ago, and the odds of making a change were only about 40% heading into Thanksgiving. And even at that, some have said (and I haven't heard it refuted) that Embree had a chance to keep his job if he'd agreed to coordinator changes on both side of the ball. Camp Embree and mainstream media were absolutely blindsided by this move and are trying to wrap their heads around it.
totally speculation. I should have made that clear. But Irv is closer to the situation than most. That being said, I trust your resources.

Bellotti didn't seem to be overly interested in talking about the CU job on the experts show today. He talked about how he didn't think the support was what was needed to win.

Bellotti didn't seem to be overly interested in talking about the CU job on the experts show today. He talked about how he didn't think the support was what was needed to win.
I forgot him and hawk work together on that show - probably have talked about CU

I forgot him and hawk work together on that show - probably have talked about CU

Hawk wasn't on there today. I don't know if he still works on it or not, I haven't seen it other than today in quite awhile.

Apparently Bellotti looked into the CU job last time around and wasn't impressed by the facilities and turned the job down. I'd hope he's smart enough to ignore anything Hawk says about CU.

I suspect whichever coach we hire is going to be promised facilities

Hawk wasn't on there today. I don't know if he still works on it or not, I haven't seen it other than today in quite awhile.

Apparently Bellotti looked into the CU job last time around and wasn't impressed by the facilities and turned the job down. I'd hope he's smart enough to ignore anything Hawk says about CU.

Hawk still works on this show because I've seen him on there pretty recently

I'm always a little shocked when I hear those guys are alive, let alone still on the radio. "Heck of a guy, he could really coach back in the 1930's when he was with Denver East. Heck of a guy."

Oh, Monken would be a fantastic option. He wasn't about to take a lateral (generous) move to CU for an OC position though.

Not to mention, wasn't the plan to go to Okie State and learn the spread this offseason? How awkward would that be to bring their own OC back to learn the offense..

Back