What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Bohn on CJ and Klatt..

it's not an admirable quality but the "i'm gonna light up this next guest" is certainly a sports radio ploy to get you to hold through the 14 minute commercial break. drives ratings, increases ad time value, etc.

Which is why it should be seen as entertainment, not NECESSARILY enlightened, insightful commentary.

Would you agree that losing 33 games over four seasons make the decision not to renew much easier?

Of course I would. People make economic choices based on value. I never argued that. But you started this whole thing by just flatly saying "The dropoff in season tickets renewals is significant and they cannot chalk it up to the economy." I just don't know how you can flatly say the economy isn't even a factor. I clearly said there are many factors and I clearly said that last years results were a big factor. Then you basically called me an idot. And I don't think there is a bigger insult you can throw at someone.

Of course I would. People make economic choices based on value. I never argued that. But you started this whole thing by just flatly saying "The dropoff in season tickets renewals is significant and they cannot chalk it up to the economy." I just don't know how you can flatly say the economy isn't even a factor. I clearly said there are many factors and I clearly said that last years results were a big factor. Then you basically called me an idot. And I don't think there is a bigger insult you can throw at someone.

Let's just say you and I will never see eye to eye. I didn't call you an idiot, I just think you tend to put everything in a favorable light when sometimes it is not warranted. That's all.

Let's just say you and I will never see eye to eye. I didn't call you an idiot, I just think you tend to put everything in a favorable light when sometimes it is not warranted. That's all.
I try to see everything in life in a favorable light.

What was Klatt's record as a starting QB? What bowls did CU compete in with JK as starting QB? What was our rank? I seem to remember that we won some North Titles with him as QB but I am trying to remember his record of success before I decide how much credibility I want to assign to him. Thanks in advance.

Klatt likes to point to the north division titles they won in establishing his credibility, but he never acknowledges that the north division of the b12 was horrible during his career, with the Nubs down, Mizzou average, and Kstate falling towards Gramps' retirement. The only thing I thought he did extremely well was stand up for the program during the scandal. I remember him speaking rationally while our coach and school pres sounded like asshats and Tharp went silent.

I do like listening to him talk about the x's an o's of football, though, and I've enjoyed his game telecasts on Fox. When it comes to CU and Hawk, however, he goes beyond just being critical of the program, which is totally warranted, to mocking Hawk, which just seems destructive.

You could use some work with your Rockies threads. :lol:
Without occasional negativity, how can I maintain my overall positivity? Its like, without black, how can there be white? Without hate, how can there be love? Without gas, how can there be regularity? Its a ying and yang thing.

Pretty much. The people I know who aren't renewing blame it all on Hawkins. Tired of his bullsh*t. Tired of sucking. Tired of being fed a line of garbage every time we sh*t the bed against some dog ass team.

I'm in that 12% and it is purely Hawkins.

I echo your points. Our teams were not the strongest in Klatt's days, but they were largely competitive. And they did beat the teams they were supposed to. Also, I think Klatt gets a little too much of the blame on those teams. He never really had much of anybody to throw the ball to by the end. We were down to possession receivers only. The run game was still pretty good, but was declining from the apex in 2001.

Klatt can be critical on the radio, but I absolutely love that he doesn't sugar coat anything. He should be upset at the performance of the program for the last 4 years. Let's just hope this year is different...
Winning the North is winning the North. The North was weak last year, yet everyone is jerking themselves off to Nebraska this year. CU w/ Klatt was ranked, won hardware, went to bowls, had some very good wins. Those should be the minimum expectations for the program.

PS - Corso just picked Nebraska to win the National Title(!)

Winning the North is winning the North. The North was weak last year, yet everyone is jerking themselves off to Nebraska this year. CU w/ Klatt was ranked, won hardware, went to bowls, had some very good wins. Those should be the minimum expectations for the program.

PS - Corso just picked Nebraska to win the National Title(!)

Strokes suck.

As far as season tickets go.... I am curious to see how many like me... did NOT renew, and when the announcement was made to go to the PAC, then renewed... All I was looking for was some movement in a positive direction after Hawk was not let go... They have a 1 year lease payment from me... If Hawk doesn't go or we dont get 8 wins... I will NOT renew (again)...

I think the announcement of the move to the Pac got a lot of people back on board. I have no idea how many, but I seem to remember that they were at somewhere around 25% non-renewals prior to the announcement, and now they're at 12%.

I'm guessing there will be a little bump if/when they annouce we're moving next year. It's too bad they haven't settled the issue by now - being able to promote this as the last go around with the Big 12 would have helped sell some tickets this year instead of people waitng around to see what happens.

Got season tickets plus the CSU game for cheaper than student tickets. I don't know how that happened, but I'm not complaining.

I liken the situation to having a car break down (coaching) at the crossroads of a dirt backwoods road (Big XII) and the on ramp to a superhighway (PAC 10). Yes, we made the decision to get on the superhighway and I'm excited about that, but we ain't going anywhere because the car's still broken down. Until we change the engine out, we're not going anywhere and I'm not renewing until I see that we've done that.

I liken the situation to having a car break down (coaching) at the crossroads of a dirt backwoods road (Big XII) and the on ramp to a superhighway (PAC 10). Yes, we made the decision to get on the superhighway and I'm excited about that, but we ain't going anywhere because the car's still broken down. Until we change the engine out, we're not going anywhere and I'm not renewing until I see that we've done that.

I'm speechless! :lol:

Back