What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Bohn says he believes we get an invite: Dennis Dodd and BDC

according to the DMN, the reason Texas Tech is in instead of Kansas is because politically it might not be feasible for KU to leave its brother KjSU..

That could change when the politicians of the state realize that even their flagship school will be left out in the cold, unless of course the Big Ten is interested in keeping the Kansas-Missouri rivalry within conference.

If A&M courts the SEC successfully, and the Big 12's death is all but sealed, then I would think KU would be softened up for the Pac to invite them successfully.

I would much prefer to have our "rivalry week" games against Kansas than Texas Tech, and I'm sure the Pac would much rather have KU's basketball ratings and tournament clout in the fold.

If the Pac-10 goes to 16 teams look for the other conferences to quickly try to follow suit.

Big 10 could pick up the Kansas schools to go along with Mizzou and Nebraska, add Rutgers - and they're up to 16 schools.

SEC could pick up FSU, Miami, Clemson, GT - and they're up to 16 schools.

Big East / ACC combine & boot a few members - and they're up to 16 schools.

If the Pac-10 goes to 16 teams look for the other conferences to quickly try to follow suit.

Big 10 could pick up the Kansas schools to go along with Mizzou and Nebraska, add Rutgers - and they're up to 16 schools.

SEC could pick up FSU, Miami, Clemson, GT - and they're up to 16 schools.

Big East / ACC combine & boot a few members - and they're up to 16 schools.

Yep. This is going to be interesting, to say the least. I said earlier that there would only be 48 D-1 schools left, but I suspect you're right about a Big East/Acc merger-realignment. Schools like North Carolina, Duke, Va Tech, Maryland, West Virginia, BC, etc would still have enough pull to put together a solid conference. There will be four "regions" of 16 teams. 64 teams total.

If the Big 10 does take KU, that leaves ND in a very precarious position. Each major D-1 school will only have 3 OOC games available to them.

Yep. This is going to be interesting, to say the least. I said earlier that there would only be 48 D-1 schools left, but I suspect you're right about a Big East/Acc merger-realignment. Schools like North Carolina, Duke, Va Tech, Maryland, West Virginia, BC, etc would still have enough pull to put together a solid conference. There will be four "regions" of 16 teams. 64 teams total.

If the Big 10 does take KU, that leaves ND in a very precarious position. Each major D-1 school will only have 3 OOC games available to them.

I think the MWC picks up any leftovers from the Big 12 and maybe a few WAC or CUSA teams and get a 5th 16 team BCS conference.

I think the MWC picks up any leftovers from the Big 12 and maybe a few WAC or CUSA teams and get a 5th 16 team BCS conference.

something like that, a Louisiana Purchase Conference of the MWC and C-USA with Baylor, ISU, KSU/KU....

something like that, a Louisiana Purchase Conference of the MWC and C-USA with Baylor, ISU, KSU/KU....

This is precisely what the Pac is trying to avoid. The last thing the Pac wants is competition on the West Coast.

All these super conferences might get us closer to a playoff format with the start of the playoffs happening in the conferences

All these super conferences might get us closer to a playoff format with the start of the playoffs happening in the conferences

I don't think there's any doubt about it. Look, once all this realignment takes place, there will be four super conferences dictating to the NCAA what will go down. If the NCAA balks, the four super conferences will all back out of the NCAA and will form their own college alliance. The NCAA can run roughshod over one school, but they can't run roughshod over the 64 schools that represent 90% of their revenue stream.

Four conferences. Four mini-tournaments to finish out the season. One "final four" tournament to crown a champion. Goodbye bowl games except for the schools on the outside of the big four leagues.

If PAC goes to 16, and SEC goes to 16, ND will most certainly go into the Big 10. If I remember their AD said that they would stay independant unless major changes start happening. If all these conferences go to 16 there would be nobody left for ND to play. ND to the Big10 leaves another school out in the cold.

The BCS is a separate entity from the NCAA and all that would have to happen with the reallignment is the "superconferences" can negotiate their own deal...say a 4 team playoff between superconference champs...

..... If the Big 10 does take KU, that leaves ND in a very precarious position. Each major D-1 school will only have 3 OOC games available to them.

We were discussing this earlier. 9 conference games and 3 OOC seems like a logical breakdown of the super-conference teams schedules. I bet most of the schools will try to get 2 patsies and 1 good to marquee game per year. An independent (read, Sorta Lame) would have less teams available to put on their schedule, and any of the super-conf teams are gonna think twice before adding a second "tough" game to their OOC.

The Dolden Gomers ought to jump at the B10/11/?? invite right now and avoid the heartache.

We were discussing this earlier. 9 conference games and 3 OOC seems like a logical breakdown of the super-conference teams schedules. I bet most of the schools will try to get 2 patsies and 1 good to marquee game per year. An independent (read, Sorta Lame) would have less teams available to put on their schedule, and any of the super-conf teams are gonna think twice before adding a second "tough" game to their OOC.

The Dolden Gomers ought to jump at the B10/11/?? invite right now and avoid the heartache.

I agree completely, but a part of me secretly hopes they maintain their arrogance and continue to slip into obscurity. Let's face it, ND hasn't been relevant in football for over 20 years.

I agree completely, but a part of me secretly hopes they maintain their arrogance and continue to slip into obscurity. Let's face it, ND hasn't been relevant in football for over 20 years.

Exactly, but they still act like they're relevant. They wanna keep playing the self-important waiting game? Fine, let 'em join the River Delta conference with ISU & kJsu.

Let's look at the positives here...could this help CU's recruiting in Texas and Arizona in addition to California as well? When CU was winning, we were getting recruits from those places. Believe it or not, CU very well could end up being the big winner of this whole thing years down the road...much like TT benefitted from the Big 12.

Exactly, but they still act like they're relevant. They wanna keep playing the self-important waiting game? Fine, let 'em join the River Delta conference with ISU & kJsu.

ND will make more money if they get off their high horse and join the Big 10. Question is, what will win out - their arrogance to remain independent of the all-might dollar? Common sense would say the latter.

Back