What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Bohn speaks to Woody Paige

Can't blame him one bit if he is getting an offer from Tennessee. That's one of those two dozen schools coaches really desire. And they won't be down for long, I bet. But if not it is a black eye for CU.
So, you are good with him stringing us along like a cheap bitch? Good for you. He's a prick.

I was prepared to defend Butch to those who were (rightfully so as it turns out) suggesting that he was playing us to get a better offer. Unpossible, I thought. He is respected in Cincinnati for his character, or so we heard. The fact that this Tennessee offer comes one day after he reversed course on us tells me that he really is a snake. I'll listen to y'all from now on.

LOL @ people bitching about the words 'plan B'. Ummmm, pretty sure anyone who follows college football knows who plan A was, and they know who wasn't.

The only thing that I'm ticked at Bohn et al about is letting this be so public and so lengthy. IMO, BJ is a prima donna who was using his "family" as cover to shop his services and used a "leak" as cover to duck out on an apparent verbal deal. Maybe we all just found out today that he was a POS, so I'm not going to bitch about targeting him, but I am very happy for us that he's not our head coach.

LOL @ people bitching about the words 'plan B'. Ummmm, pretty sure anyone who follows college football knows who plan A was, and they know who wasn't.

The only thing that I'm ticked at Bohn et al about is letting this be so public and so lengthy. IMO, BJ is a prima donna who was using his "family" as cover to shop his services and used a "leak" as cover to duck out on an apparent verbal deal. Maybe we all just found out today that he was a POS, so I'm not going to bitch about targeting him, but I am very happy for us that he's not our head coach.

There's no indication that Bohn or the CU AD were the ones that made the attempted Jones hiring public.

There's no indication that Bohn or the CU AD were the ones that made the attempted Jones hiring public.

That's a good point. I'm not sure I believe it, but you're right, we don't know. But as to the other point, the length of time that Jones had, still bugs. I wanted us to pull the plug on him on Tuesday night. Thought maybe on Wednesday that I was premature, now I'm sure it should have been pulled.

Regardless of who made it so public, the length of time and the public nature of the spurning made us out to look pretty bad.

Maybe it works out for the best. He is a midwest coach. He isn't going to have a lot of recruiting connections in Texas or Cali. And I doubt we are going to get a ton of Ohio players to CU.

Indeed. The only person who benefitted from having the negotiations and salary made public was Jones. That was his way of letting his other suitors know what they were up against. It made no sense for CU to publicly air salary details in advance of a deal, which details could be used by the next potential coach in his negotiations if (when) the Jones deal fell through.

Perhaps one day all the details will come out. I can only wonder whether Jones ever had any intention of coaching here, and if he did, what impact all the Klatt and McCartney blather had on his view of the CU job.

One other point....Jones said in his press conference Tuesday something to the effect that the fact he was still the head coach at UC spoke "volumes. " It sure did. It struck me odd at the time I heard it, and I wondered whether he could maintain any credibility after that if he took the CU job.

Ok, this is my virgin post here, glad to get that out of the way!

Shut up Bohn...

I don't blame him for not being able to hire Jones. I blame him for making Jones our top choice
Don't appear to be any home run choices out there. All have flaws. Also, you don't have a clue who Bohn talked to prior to BJ becoming public.

Don't appear to be any home run choices out there. All have flaws. Also, you don't have a clue who Bohn talked to prior to BJ becoming public.

Also I have no faith in Bohn identifying a new candidate. Butch Jones was easy for anyone to locate.

I know he still has his defenders here but seriously his Plan B probably involves Chuck Neinas and/or a Wigi Board.

Also I have no faith in Bohn identifying a new candidate. Butch Jones was easy for anyone to locate.

I know he still has his defenders here but seriously his Plan B probably involves Chuck Neinas and/or a Wigi Board.
God! Not Chuck Neinas! As for me, I just hope Bohn lucks out. I'm not a big fan of him, but I'm less critical than I was. Don't forget his predecessor, Dick.

Ouija board. Just sayin. Not that I'm a satanist or anything.

Anyway - I think it's important to take Plati's statement to Klatt to heart - we know less than 10% of what's going on inside the AD right now, or what has gone on in the past few weeks, tbh. We don't know who's been contacted, who has expressed interest, who hasn't, and on and on. I think that the lack of real knowledge has led most of us to expect and think the worst of the coaching search.

All we know is that BJ played us, and played us in an embarrassing way. I don't blame him for going to Tenn, so I don't blame Bohn for letting him get away. I will continue to be irritated at how weak we looked when it was apparent that he was shopping, and how public it all became. I would have liked for Bohn to publicly tell BJ to get ****ed before BJ publicly ****ed us.

Just hire who Solich wants hired. At least we can get the facilities built out of the deal !!

At this point so many of the big splash names are hired elsewhere. Use an increased assistant coach salary pool to make big time OC and DC hires (poaches).

Glad I'm on the sidelines as a ticket holder and not making these decisions with all these d-bags stirring the pot.

Back