What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Bohn to adress the press tonight

WTF is going? Surely CU has got to get a break sooner or later. I mean will we ever get an Admin, that cares about athletics anymore? Maybe joining the PAC-12 will help them see the light. USC, Cal, Stanford, and UCLA schools arguably academically better than CU pay much more attention to their sports than our alma mater does. So maybe they'll feel pressured to produce the same investment to risk getting thrown out of the PAC-12 in the future if they dont change their apathetic ways.

I'm sory but Bohn is a big pussie for not annoucing his firing after he said he would discuss the state of the program once the team arrives back in Colorado. As a former leader of men tasked to defend this contry this is an EPIC failure of leadership. It shows he is weak. Whether he waits till Monday or the end of the season, they have no ability to make decisions and execute. Work the details of the buyout later post firing but this is ridiculous. The team is lost and so is the moral.

I agree. This has turned into one of the ugliest firings that I have ever seen.

Yeah, his inability to coach has rubbed off on them...

you know what i mean. he has an idiotic hiring process, he extended hack way prematurely, he gave patton an extra season to be a lame duck, and now he's apparently doing the same with hack. the guy is an idiot who doesn't learn

Reading between the lines...this seems to me to be a message to the seniors that they will have to finish the season on their own because they won't have a coach.

Quote from Bohn, "...while we share many of the same frustrations and serious disappointment as our fans, I have confidence in this group of seniors to represent this team and the university with both pride and a competitive spirit the rest of the season..."

Bohn is going to pull the trigger.

Reading between the lines...this seems to me to be a message to the seniors that they will have to finish the season on their own because they won't have a coach.

Quote from Bohn, "...while we share many of the same frustrations and serious disappointment as our fans, I have confidence in this group of seniors to represent this team and the university with both pride and a competitive spirit the rest of the season..."

:nod:

I don't see how the athletic director can let slip "he.s still the coach tonight, but might not be in the next couple games." WTF is that?? Is he fired, or not?

It really is past time to pull the trigger. Hawkins obviously doesn't even care about winning and losing anymore -- he is after his own personal agenda. KU is one of the least-talented teams in the country. Fire his ass NOW!

Denver Post article (J. Henderson) verifying just that: http://www.denverpost.com/cu/ci_16545567

"source" says that the decision to retain Hawkins through the end of season is the Cody factor...

So this deadbeat is holding CU hostage because of Cody? Bohn is a gutless weasel who also needs to be shown the door pronto. What a complete fiasco, I hope Benson and Dr. Phil understand what a laughingstock we've become.

This is all one big ****ing joke. Thanks for that big "**** YOU!" you just sent the fans Mike. Unbelievable.

I am translating that in the exact same light.

They didnt fire him, u have to be ****ting me? I could go 3 and 6 and I dont make a million a year. Find your backbone, CU.

It's great also that Henderson dropped the not so subtle hints re Cody having a chance to break the school record for passing yds. I think its beyond speculation at this point why they were throwing in the 4th qtr.

This is all one big ****ing joke. Thanks for that big "**** YOU!" you just sent the fans Mike. Unbelievable.

Mike Bohn can't be this dumb. You can't let a player or asst. coaches handcuff your decisions. EVERYONE is laughing at CU and Bohn does nothing. I can't believe he hasn't fired him or better yet, why he's letting others control his duties.

You are correct, this is a ****ing joke.

So this deadbeat is holding CU hostage because of Cody? Bohn is a gutless weasel who also needs to be shown the door pronto. What a complete fiasco, I hope Benson and Dr. Phil understand what a laughingstock we've become.

That sums it up perfectly. I now want Bohn gone almost as much as I want Hawkins gone, and that's saying something.

---------- Post added at 12:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:33 AM ----------

If true this is extremely unfair to Cody - people are going to turn this kid into a villain, he deserves better than that.

The program is more important than Hirschmann's redshirt.

Bingo!! Winner, Winner, Chicken ****ing dinner!

From whom? The sagebrush?

Seriously. Why the hell would anyone buy tickets to this ****show? Sure they are cheap, but at this point you are going to have to kids free rides on Ralphie and start selling beer again for the adults if you actually want anyone to buy the tickets.

Find your ****ing backbone. How the **** is it possible to lose a 45-17 lead in one quarter of football unless you are completely stupid?

Bohn can't seriously be holding this up just to protect Hirschman's redshirt. I like the kid, he'll be good in time imo, but having him start a few games really isn't a punishment for him. He would have a huge head start on the others he'll be competing with to replace Tyler after next year.

Find your ****ing backbone. How the **** is it possible to lose a 45-17 lead in one quarter of football unless you are completely stupid?

It's not like we were playing a good Texas Tech team, under Coach Leach, who could pull out of those kinds of last-minute-victories (and even then it was notable). No. This was a bad, bad, bad, bad Kansas team. ****.

Back