What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Bohn's Great Scheduling Revealed again.. game in Foco in 2020 is a One off for $1M

I thought we had some options to move games to Folsom

Is it possible that this was included in the deal to soothe some of the sandy green vags that existed over Bohn's decision to play the 2009 game at Folsom?

Could CSU even afford to pay us a million bucks to come play at Hughes if their mythical new unicorn stadium were not built by then?

If the only way the arrangement that Bohn has made is ok is because there is no way the actual arrangement will occur, I'm pretty sure that's still grounds for damning of the agreement.

Could CSU even afford to pay us a million bucks to come play at Hughes if their mythical new unicorn stadium were not built by then?

sure, that's why it is scheduled so far out. they have a chance to put it on a layaway plan and start saving now. their grads, being future walmart employees and such, understand layaway plans, as they save to upgrade to a double-wide and other fanciful luxury items.

sure, that's why it is scheduled so far out. they have a chance to put it on a layaway plan and start saving now. their grads, being future walmart employees and such, understand layaway plans, as they save to upgrade to a double-wide and other fanciful luxury items.
like new redwood stain on the deck, and a new bug-zapper.

I believe that CSU was going to exercise their right to move the 2010 game to Ft Collins as a response to the 2009 game being moved to Boulder. On the contract extension, they agreed to push that back to 2020. No idea how revenue sharing works for the true home games (it's 55/45 % in Denver), but I'd guess the Bohn wouldn't want the revenue hit of playing in FC in 2010 and essentially not selling any tickets/ getting any money from the Denver game. Every small thing counted that year due to the D2 Dan situation.

The scary thing mentioned in the article is that DiStefano thinks CU makes more money off of the Denver game than if it were in Boulder. That might have been true at some point, but to get donors giving extra money on top of their season tickets (ie club seat donations, donor seat rights, etc), the games have to be at Folsom. You can't expand your home stadium and then just give up home games, especially when the conference schedule is 9 games. And guess what, a 2 for 1 would make more money for CU than every year denver. It's just that the @CSU game is a total loser since they have such a tiny stadium.

I wouldn't worry about 2020. When the MWC goes defunct, or is known as the 'new WAC', who even knows if CSU can field a FBS team in 2020. It's a long ways off. It's the 8 games until then that are killer.

Also, if you know any members of the Denver Metro Sports Commission, seems like they can opt out of the game in 2014 if attendance doesn't average 80% of capacity (60900 of 76125). i think that average is for the 2011- 2014 time period (but the article isn't clear). 2011 attendance: 57,186. Even if it falls below that threshold, I'm not sure if the commission would just cancel the game, or look to renegotiate for a different revenue sharing plan.

Unfortunately, that is part of the season ticket package, but I think it would be great if a bunch of people sent Bohn a check for the cost of a tickets to that game as a donation... said they don't want to hurt CU, but a donation was a better way to support the school than tickets to a BS game, especially when the continued attendance at that game helps the chances it continues.

Last edited:
This game in Ft. Collins in NOT a 1 off. It is part of the deal that we got home games also.

Don't let facts ruin your enthusiasm!!!!

I can't find the details on the intertrons, but I don't think we got any home games under the current contract. The home games in Folsom a few years ago were part of the old deal.

I can't find the details on the intertrons, but I don't think we got any home games under the current contract. The home games in Folsom a few years ago were part of the old deal.

No home games under the current contract. The details from the time of the extension are here....

No home games under the current contract. The details from the time of the extension are here....

That doesn't quite give all the details, though. I think there's a payout minimum attached to that game in Ft. Collins. Somebody in this thread said it was a million dollars. I think that sounds about right. Frankly, I'd rather play at Hughes than Invesco.

That doesn't quite give all the details, though. I think there's a payout minimum attached to that game in Ft. Collins. Somebody in this thread said it was a million dollars. I think that sounds about right. Frankly, I'd rather play at Hughes than Invesco.
Folsom>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Hughes>MileHigh

We should have an out clause in any contract with CSU based on them being in the FBS. Just because it would be funny.

maybe i am recollecting incorrectly, but i thought this last "series" deal with them also had a clause in it whereby we would play a TBD game in fort flatlands for a minimum guaranteed payout = what we would expect to receive at mile high. if i am recalling correctly, this 2020 game probably is the payoff for that promise. and, by 2020, the sheep are probably hoping they have their new stadium built and can therefore more easily make the minimum payment to CU.

but, continue on. i may be mis-remembering.

Too bad 'gasm is banned. He'd accuse you of not being able to read the Icon feasibility study. The numbers are all in there.

Too bad 'gasm is banned. He'd accuse you of not being able to read the Icon feasibility study. The numbers are all in there.

He got banned? What did he do?

oops... just finished reading the thread. Still though, did he do something wrong?

gain.. game in Foco in 2020 is a One off for $1M

He got banned? What did he do?

oops... just finished reading the thread. Still though, did he do something wrong?

Season is starting can't have his obvious trolling here.

Can we please have 'gasm back after the game. I really want him to come back to explain why the lambs lost.

But if the buffs lose, keep him banned.

The FOCO date in 2020 is an option for CSU. For the last contract, CU had that option and exercised it. With the new contract, it's more of a poison pill. CSU could play the game at home, but with a guaranteed $1MM to CU for visiting they would lose money on the game. The only reason the game's in Denver is that CSU could not guarantee CU enough money for its home games if they were played at Hughes. CSU did not want to have the series be 1 year at Folsom and the next year at a neutral site (and CU really didn't want to make it like CSU had Denver as a home market), so they worked out the split in CU's favor to play every year at Mile High.

That's all history.

The current situation is that CSU isn't making any money because it can't sell its ticket allotment and CU is not making enough extra to justify having this game at a neutral site in addition to a 9-game conference schedule (too little scheduling flexibility). This worked for CU when we had an 8-game conference schedule and it worked for CSU when attendance was over 70k as projected. With the low attendance, I think Mile High is struggling to make worthwhile money off the game also. Now, it's simply a bad deal all around.

Back