What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Boise State and TCU

:lol: Funny you say that. I have Clausewitz and Jomini leaking out of my ears. Actually, strategy of coercive use of military airpower. Conditions and explanations why it succeeds some of the time, and fails at other times.

Great topic. Molosovic vs. The Blitz.

Righto. Right now, I'm studying pre-Vietnam applications.

Check out the Brits in Iraq circa 1930. Firebombing Tokyo prior to Hiroshima (spent the weekend skiing with Col. Tibbets, BTW) and of course the German response to the Bomber Harris approach rather than the Billy Mitchell approach. Hell, you know all this ****...you're in the Air Force for God's sake!

Check out the Brits in Iraq circa 1930. Firebombing Tokyo prior to Hiroshima (spent the weekend skiing with Col. Tibbets, BTW) and of course the German response to the Bomber Harris approach rather than the Billy Mitchell approach. Hell, you know all this ****...you're in the Air Force for God's sake!

Really, what was he like? That's pretty darn cool. Got a pic?

Yeah the Brits strategy in the 1930s was justification as to why they gained independence and of course led to Trenchard's views of strategic bombing despite the technology not being able to meet that during early WWII. Hence, the conundrum, does strategy drive technology or technology drive strategy.

Hmm, BSU drives no points, TCU drives points. BSU needs to get it going or TCU will take over.

Really, what was he like? That's pretty darn cool. Got a pic?

Yeah the Brits strategy in the 1930s was justification as to why they gained independence and of course led to Trenchard's views of strategic bombing despite the technology not being able to meet that during early WWII. Hence, the conundrum, does strategy drive technology or technology drive strategy.

Ideally strategy drives technology, but the last time I check with the Air Force, the F-22 drives strategy.:smile:

As far as Col. Tibbets goes he's a very nice guy. He's the grandson of the more famous pilot of the Enola Gay. He's got a B-1/B-2 background and now--appropriately enough--serves as the military LNO to NATO's Nuclear Planning Group.

I also met General Tibbets and all of the surviving members of the Enola Gay crew a few years ago. We flew a formation for the parade celebrating the 60th anniversary of Saipan's liberation and the crew were the honored guests. They all signed Gen. Tibbet's book for me.

i think they got jobbed pretty hard re: the BCS. 2 loss Ohio State? puh-leez. tOSU was 1-2 against ranked teams.

Yeah...they got jobbed....Idaho State, Bowling Green, Louisiana Tech, Southern Miss, Hawaii, San Jose State, New Mexico State, Utah State, Idaho and Nevada....now that's a tough road...

get real yo...

Yeah...they got jobbed....Idaho State, Bowling Green, Louisiana Tech, Southern Miss, Hawaii, San Jose State, New Mexico State, Utah State, Idaho and Nevada....now that's a tough road...

get real yo...

i see at least 4 bowl teams in that list and a W at Oregon. regardless, Ohio State in the BCS with 2 losses and 1 win against top 25 teams? did BSU deserve it more the year they beat OU? do you think WE could beat Boise?

I don't think I've ever witnessed one team commit so many pass interference penalties!

Back